Stillorgan Road, Dublin, County Dublin, 4, Ireland

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Stillorgan Park Hotel

never go on week ends

by TripAdvisor Member elviben

Just came home from 2 two nights stay at the Stillorgan Park Hotel in Dublin. The location of the Hotel is very good, only about 20 minutes from city center and the bus stop is just in front of the Hotel. But we had some problems, I never expect form a 4 star Hotel. At check in I was told that in my rate (very good 99 €) breakfast was not included and I just had to complain with my travel agent when I get home...surprise!! I am the travel agent, so I just called up my office and told them to send me the description of the rate in which it was clear that breakfast was included. To proof it I had to ask them to send a fax to the Hotel! We arrived early so the room was not ready (which is normal), we asked to store our baggage and we did it in a very tidy room, with no controll or proof that we have put our baggage in there...and if something got stolen? We arrived form our day in Dublin about ten pm in the room and it was impossibile to get a sleep as there was a very noisy and loud party going on. We wanted to complaine by the reception contacting them by phone...but there was no phone in the room! So we had to stand up and go personaly to the reception, but nothing seriously has been done and the very loud party finished only aroung 01.00 pm. The morning after I talked with the manager on duty about the problems we had and she was really undfriendly, even after accepeted the fax about the breakfast questions no excurses was given and nobody offered us to change the room in a quiter zone of the Hotel. Sorry about this but in a 4 star Hotel, with good rooms and service as the Stillorgan offers, it is unfair that they don't advise about having very loud parties going on, I always thought that a Hotel is principally there to make people sleep and not to get angry about the noise. So if you want to stay at this Hotel first make sure there are no parties or that you surely will have a room at the rear of the Hotel.

Great Value for money

Lovely clean hotel. Great location, Great value. Far enough out of town to avoid the noise of the centre but near enough to pop backwards and forwards. The hotel is about an hour transfer from the airport on aircoach which costs 12 euros return and stops outside the hotel. The hotel is then 10 mins from the town centre via the 46a bus which stops across the road from the hotel this cost 1.65 euros one way. For a taxi after the buses stops running its about 15 euros. Breakfast is 12.50 euros and you have a great selection from a full english/irish to continental. The resturant manager is a little blunt but not offensive.

Great Hotel for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member CailinMaith

Stayed for one night room only, €79. Didn't use restaurant or bar so can't comment on them. Hotel easy to locate on stillorgan dual carriageway, plenty of free parking at rear of hotel. Room was very clean with duvets on bed.

Booked double room but got two single beds pushed together with 2 single duvets.

Good price nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member caerleon

Stayed 5 nights at The Stillorgan, stayed in the renovated part of the hotel and was very happy to notice the room came with it's own air conditioning. The rooms were clean and a good size. Hotel bar is a nice place to relax, however the menu in the bar was pretty basic. The hotel reastaurant was good but I thought slightly overpriced. The links into the city were good, however only a 15 Euro taxi journey away. The biggest problem with the hotel for me was it's location from the airport. The airport is in the North and the hotel in the South Due to Dublins traffic the taxi journey can vary in length. Other people staying used the aircoach which drops outside the hotel and probably took the same time. I would use the hotel again and at 99 Euros was very good value

Great hotel definatly 4*

by TripAdvisor Member Emma&Mike

Finding the hotel was really good considering the road signed in Dublin.

The hotel looked quite new and modern. The rooms where fab with great little toiletries. And the beds where sooooooooooooo nice to sleep in. I think it's the best nights sleep I've had in ages.

This hotel has great location and is really cheap for what you get.

I'd defiantly stay there again.

Never tried the Food or Bar service though so I can't comment.

Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member univibe

I stayed in the Hotel for a Business Meeting in July, The lobby and bar and resturant were adequate, the rooms were clean and well furnished.
The staff were pleasant and i could not find any fault with them.
Overall i would rate the Hotel as 3 star from my stay there.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel which is handy if you want to go into the City Centre, this takes about 25-30 mins.
Overall i would stay there again as it is reasonably priced and is well maintained and clean throughout.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member smwp

The Stillorgan Park has large, bright, clean rooms, and it's convenient to the Dublin bus, Aircoach, and a fairly cheap cab ride into the city (10-15 euro). We will definitely stay there again. The only thing overrated was the breakfast, not worth the price.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KathyFK

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Staff at front desk were friendly and helpful. Had a great lunch in the pub. Room was huge and great shower. Would definitely stay here again. There was a wedding going on the night we were there but there was no noise problem at all. Sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable. Airport shuttle bus stops right across the street.

Never Ever Again!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kellysayers

very small bed. no safe or fridge, many items on menu not available in restaurant, understaffed, room over busy pub, Tried to overcharge, checkout staff were not able to use computer system to fix overcharge, huge que for checkout and only one person on who could use system, bar staff extreamly slow, had to set my own table for breakfast as there was not enough staff on. Will NEVER stay here again!! how on earth did they get the four stars!

Good place to stay but....

by TripAdvisor Member sgaites

I was lucky enough to be given a free evening's stay at the hotel, during the Ryder Cup as part of a corporate event. The room advertsied was for an executive king-size, but unfortunately we were given a good sized room, but with a single and a double. Anyway....

Just a couple of points - make sure you ask NOT to get a room with a door to the adjoining room. It will be very very noisy (we could hear the conversation next door veyr clearly). Also, if the room is overlooking the central roof area, you will be kept awake by the outside airconditioning units.

It took a few telephone calls to reception to get a table in the restaurant booked, but it was an exceptionally busy evening.

Apart from those small points, it is a very nice clean hotel, with helpful staff.

One more thing....the decor is appalling ! I don't think it would be possible to add any more shades to the colour scheme than are already there !

Comments