The Fleet Street Hotel Dublin

Arts and Culture Budget Travel Castles and Palaces
See Amenities
graeme83's Profile Photo

Fleet Street Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2008

Its hard to describe how much I didn't like this place. Firstly it was expensive - there are much cheaper options in Dublin.

The first room we went to did not have a flushing toilet. As there was no maintenance man on duty it was suggested that we swap rooms. The receptionist then proceeded to give us keys to a room that was a double rather than a twin. Third time though was a charm. At least the location was good ;)

emma_and_dan's Profile Photo

Fleet Street Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 30, 2007

Stayed 2 nights, room could have been better if decor was freshened, but the bed was comfortable!! No problems with noise. Price we paid was very reasonable and location was very good, city centre close to all main attractions.

Unique Quality: close to all main sights and attractions

Directions: off west moreland street, the street to temple bar

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

In the heart of Dublin City Centre

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2007

On my second visit to Dublin, in Feb/2009 I decided to stay at this hotel for a variety of reasons. It was centrally located, just steps from the Liffey, near easy transport to/from airport, close to the main attractions that I wanted to explore more and the price was just right.

The hotel is a really nice "tourist" hotel with a very, very lively bar!! When I say lively, I mean this bar gets packed since they have a live Irish Band. The rooms was nice, clean and what I needed, the front desk helpful. But, here is the big but, I will never, ever stay here again. At about 1:30 am I was startled and awaken by a heavy banging on my door. I got up scared and concerned that someone was trying to get into my room (I was alone during this particular trip), so I yelled at the door for the person to get the "F" away and that I was calling downstairs...they continued to bang as I called the front desk. I was shocked to hear what the person on the other end had to say. Sorry, they are just probably "students" who had a bit too much to drink, they are harmless!!

I was so upset as I didn't feel safe and spent the rest of the night clutched to my blanket with the lights on. I barely had any sleep!

Unique Quality: Although the room and the hotel itself was nice, the fact that I was awaken in the middle of the night by some really roudy individuals and the front acknowledged it (making me believe that it is a everyday occurrence), I will never ever stay here again and definitely not recommend it to anyone!!

Bilimari's Profile Photo

Fleet St. hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2006

The location is perfect as it's in the Temple Bar district. The room was clean with shower, tv, hair dryer, and coffee maker. My only complaint was that the bed was old and unconfortable.

Unique Quality: Room came with a free breakfast at the cafeteria on the street level. The meal was great, and I really enjoyed the breakfast in the old saloon looking room with nice conversation with wait staffs.

Directions: From Westmoreland, turn into Freet St. The hotel is near the Palace Bar.

Great location for nightlife

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2006

This is a very good hotel in a prime location especailly if you want to be in the middle of it all.

We were unfortuntley disappointed with our triple room as we had viewed a much larger room prior to booking. However, the reservations manager quickly tried to alleviate the problem.

The rooms have just undergone a refurbishment and were comfortable. A twin room would be spacious and more comfortable. (However, with an extra bed in, a lot of this space was unavailalbe.)

The hotel is in a prime location for shopping, eating/drinking and sightseeing.
There was a nightclub under our bedroom window and we had concerns that this would keep us awake. However, the concerns were unfounded and we lost no sleep because of it.

The breakfast in the hotel is very good with a vast amonut of choice. Also, at weekends, breakfast goes on until noon.

We also had a couple of enjoyable meals in the the hotel restaurant.

Central Hotel

by written on October 21, 2005

Right in the centre of Temple Bar, in Fleet Street. Definately not for someone looking for a quiet weekend. I've stayed here once about 10 years ago. The rooms then were reasonable in size and comfort and had all the amenities one would expect.

I've tried to get a room a couple of times since, it's always booked up. Book well in advance to guarantee a room!!!

The hotel is home to the famous Buskers Bar, and also the Boomerang Night Club.

Ideal for groups of young people looking for a lively weekend, who want to be in the center of things.

Unique Quality: Location, above standard hotel.

Directions: One minute walk from O'Connell Bridge, near the Westmoreland end of Fleet Street. Very central.

NewcastleGeordieGirl's Profile Photo

If Your Not Looking for a Peaceful Break!!

by written on April 13, 2005

This hotel is in a fantastic location if your in Dublin for a rowdy drinking weekend. It is smack bang in the middle of Temple Bar so is noisy at all times of day. Has a great bar called Buskers which does nice and reasonably priced food. Rooms are clean and tidy and a good size.

Not recommended for a romantic stay but in a great place for stumbling back after a night out!

Unique Quality: The main advantage is that it is in Temple Bar, close enough to stagger home! The bar is good for starting off with a few drinks before you venture further afield.

Thunder Road restaurant across the street is themed like a Hard Rock Cafe. Not cheap but a fun atmosphere.

Just fine

by written on August 18, 2004

After i'd booked this, i discovered several negative reviews on various websites, so was a little concerned. But it was absolutely fine, not the best hotel ever but acceptable for the price we paid. The Temple Bar location is excellent, the Bewley's breakfast tasty (once we'd worked out the system for hotel guestd in the cafe below). The room was a bit hot and stuffy.
Note this hotel is no longer run by Bewleys (the famous chain of Dublin cafes) despite sometimes being advertised as Bewley's Principal Hotel.

Unique Quality: Unbeatable Temple Bar location.
Filling breakfast. Find an internet deal that includes breakfast in the price if you like the full Irish fry.

Directions: Fleet Street, Temple Bar district.

Nearby The Fleet Street Hotel Dublin

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Dublin Travel Forum

Need advice about Dublin, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Dublin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dublin hotel reviews