10 Fleet St, Temple Bar, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• TheAndos's Profile Photo

Great location, good rooms

The hotel was excellent and we were fortunate to get upgraded to a larger room. Dave, the front office manager, was excellent. Temple Bar is central for everything. Highly recommended and we enjoyed our stay. Do note that night life is big in Temple Bar so if you don't want to party, ask for a quiet room!

• kettlesingbob's Profile Photo

designer hotel in temple bar

First room we were given on first floor was very noisy, from restauraunt/bar below, complained and they moved us to a third floor room at the front, no problems. due to pork contamination in Ireland, they were unable to do full irish breakfast, had to go a few doors down the road, however reached a satifactory compensation deal with the friendly and helpful staff.
    The food in the hotel was very good (we have had bad meals in good hotels too many times in the past) and the drinks were same price or cheaper than other pubs and bars in Temple Bar area. Will return again next year on our Irish racing break

Unique Quality: very central location

• ThatGrrl's Profile Photo

In the heart of Temple Bar!

I loved the location of this hotel and its sleek Swedish modern design. It was great to be able to go out to the pubs in Temple Bar and be able to walk home at night!

Unique Quality: Easy walk to Trinity College and a number of other sights in the city.

More about The Morgan

unless you like noise and smell stay elsewhere

we stayed here 3 nights during the week. The rooms had a weird chemical smell to them and the furniture was a bad dirty version of ikea. The staff was friendly but this hotel needs work. stay at the brooks hotel an excellent hotel

Overall Good--Great Location, Good Service

by TripAdvisor Member SmallBoatCruiser

I was concerned after reading some other reviews here. It seems lodging overall is expensive in Dublin--I paid more than I normally do for a hotel but had comparison shopped first. I enjoyed being in the Temple Bar area--had a room in the front for 2 short stays a few days apart. Although I'm not one of the partying younger set, it was fun to watch action right from my window. Staff were helpful, rooms were comfortable, some wear and tear on furnishings but nothing that interfered with sleep, comfort, basic needs.

Worst hotel Ever!

Wow! Not enough can be said about how bad this hotel is. The staff is horrible! I have never been so poorly treated anywhere! When we arrived the man at the front desk simply stared at us, not a "Hello" or a "Can I help you?" Just a stare. Finally we said we had reservations and he continued to be of less help. It was truly indescribable. When we got into our room it smelled of smoke and chemicals, so disgusting. There are no amenities, like a mirror near an outlet to blow-dry your hair. You have to walk to a mirror hold your hair, and then walk back to the blow dryer. The shower curtain is about 16 inches too long and just sops up in the bath water covering the drain. Possibly the worst factor is no AIR CONDITIONING, which mean no ventilation other than the windows which look out on Temple Bar. Needless to say Temple Bar is probably one of the most famous party/pub/bar/night life spots in the world, not especially quiet. In fact it is so loud that you cannot sleep. Your choice is to not breathe or to not sleep because of the noise. Yes the location was great, but is it worth it? I must also say that the housekeeping staff was always nice and always said hello.

About Five Years Too Late ...

This hotel would have been ok about five years ago. The whole hotel needs a refurbishment - our windows would not close properly, letting in the noise of Temple Bar all night! The room was clean but shabby - stains on upholstery and curtains and missing bits of the wardrobe etc. The bar downstairs was pleasant, but again the fixtures and fittings are old and need replacing. The minimalist style needs upgrading. The ideas are there, but have been executed badly and in places look cheap - something that doesn't come across from the website photos. Breakfast was great - although I've never had to use a toaster in a four star hotel before! Cleaning staff were friendly, but the reception staff could do with learning how to smile! All in all, not a bad place to spend one night. I got a very good deal through the internet which made the hotel acceptable at the price I paid. Had I been paying the full price or staying more than one night I would have found somewhere else.

Noise, noise and more noise ...

by TripAdvisor Member _de_last_one

As we were staying at the St. Martins Lane hotel in London, we thought we will try one of the group's other hotel when we visit Dublin. Reservations were made for The Morgan on Fleet Street along Temple Bar. Was informed of its great location so we didnt think it will be our biggest mistake.

The hotel itself is alright, rooms are smaller than St. Martins' which is not big in the first place. After a day of sight-seeing, we had returned to the hotel. Since there is no air-conditioning (need it as it was pretty warm in the room during the summer), we had decided to open the windows. The noise hit us like a wave. It was amazingly loud (apparently stag and hen nights among the English are very common in town and esp. this area). But it was so hot in the room we figure we can take the noise compare to the heat. After a shower and hoping to cool off a little, we wanted to chill in the room which is impossible due to the loudness of what is happening below.
We then decide to close the windows and the noise had hardly lessen ! In fact, it got louder as the night went on. Much to our annoyance, this lasted till wee hours (4 am) which is followed by a bunch of garbage trucks cleaning up the streets (sounded like a million bottles laying around everywhere) till 6 am.

Needless to say, we checked out and found ourselves in another hotel away from the noise.

Don't recommend this hotel!

Hotel room was too hot, very noisy and in desperate need of refurbishing (+ building site next to the hotel with work starting at 8am EVERY day). For this price you can get a much nicer hotel anywhere else in Dublin... Next time I will have to check this website BEFORE I book.... Ah well... :)

Can't understand the bad reviews

I read the reviews on this site and began to tremble as I had already booked 3 nights here for my wife's birthday [secretly!]. Expected the worst and even admitted so [when safely on the flight!].

The reality was a very pleasant surprise, it's funky, modern and slap bang in the middle of the city. The rooms were of decent "european city centre" size, and decorated with a bit of thought and attention [chaise longe by the window/ plasma screen TV]. The bathroom was clean and again had a touch of style. There was the odd scuff mark on the tiled section of the floor [don't worry there was carpet a-plenty too!], but I guess that happens with suitcases being traipsed in and out all the time.

As for the noise, apart from the drilling [construction work downstairs at 9am on the Saturday], this was no more noisy than any city centre hotel. if you want piece, quiet and a room the size of Gibraltar, I suggest you stay out of town!

And the newly opened bar was about the coolest place to drink in Dublin, good choice of beers and cocktails [for the lady!], with only a 7 minute walk to Bewleys for a big breakfast to soak up the worst of the night before's "craic". If you want a good, modern, well located hotel for a fun weekend, ignore the naysayers and stay here.

Comments