Travelodge Dublin Airport

N1 Little Chef, Pinnock Hill Roundabout, Belfast Road, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland

Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Travel Lodge, Swords

Because of our early morning flight I wanted to be close to the airport. The Travel lodge is a nice budget accommodation place for one night. Reading in my diary, I saw that I wrote that the room was alittle bit on the small side if you are more than two people and the bed reminded me of a water bed. If your partner moves you know about it as you move also.

Unique Quality: Proximity to the airport.

More about Travelodge Dublin Airport

Lack of communication between departments

by TripAdvisor Member Dissatisfied_8

Absolutely NO communication between departments, i.e. check in desk, cleaning crew, even between nighttime and morning desk help.

We checked in for two (2) nights at Travelodge Dublin Airport but upon our return from a day in Dublin to find our room completely CLEARED OUT as though no one had been there. This included our PERSONAL ITEMS as well. Caution: When leaving this hotel, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND as it will be gone.

Then when making inquiry at the night desk, not much help AND NO communication to the morning personnel about the situation. Obviously, there was NO COMMUNICATION between the desk and the cleaning crew as to what rooms were to be occupied for more than one day, either.

The Langes
Santa Maria, CA

very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BettyGoddard

This hotel is very clean and has pleasant staff. The rooms are very well kept have comfortable beds and great showers. Rooms are also very spacious. The food in the restaurant next door is great in a very modern setting and prices are good and you even get 10% off when staying at travelodge. Overall this is a great hotel which is very convinient for the airport (about 1 mile away) as well as Dublin city centre.

awake all night

by TripAdvisor Member sdwyer

myself and my wife stayed here for just one night. we checked in everything was ok, the room was clean and tidy. it all seemed alright until late night early morning when the noise started. it started about midnight and didn't end until almost 4am. when we rang the front desk to complain the man there asked us what he should do, so i told him he should tell the boys to stop shouting. i mean they were at the front desk and outside the door shouting drinking and smoking, the guy at the front desk did nothing even after we complained. we will not be staying there again and would not recommend it.

Too noisy to sleep

by TripAdvisor Member fionam_7

My family and I stayed at the Travelodge before an early flight from Dublin Airport. I would agree completely regarding the noise in the corridors.

There seems to be no consideration as to booking families next to families and the noise from the next room, coupled with the constant knocking on the door of the room opposite ours ment that we hardly got any sleep. As a consequence, we arrived a good three hours early for our 6am flight!

The only good point - we all slept on the flight to Teneriffe!

Like my fellow reviewer, I would never stay there again or recommend it.

What an awful place !

by TripAdvisor Member Michelle-Alison-2007

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and I had searched the Internet to get reasonable accommodation near Swords as this is where the Wedding was. There was myself, my husband and our 5 year old son.

Upon arrival I was greeted by a male who did try his best to be nice, he took full payment on check in and then tried to do it again on check out !

I had booked a 'Family Room' and when we got inside there was a small double bed and a sofa, I asked at reception where the extra bed was for our son and the male said "In your room" when I told him it was not he said " the sofa" ! I went back to the room and I was pulling this sofa from all angles to make it turn into a bed but nothing was happening, in fact the way it worked was my son had to sleep on top of it, I went back to reception and I was told the bed was under the sofa so back up I went and you have to pull a drawer out and there was a rubber mattress inside it, the surrounds were rough wood and I actually feared putting my son into it and there was no way I would let him sleep on the floor, my dog sleeps on the floor, the sofa was too high for him to sleep on top and was smelly and stained.

My husband ended up sleeping on the sofa while myself and our son slept in the bed, Our bed cover smelt musty and I ended up having to remove the covers and sleep with just a sheet over us.

The bathroom was so old and in need of a lot of repair, the shower was hanging off the wall, it sprayed out drops of water, the bath was old and the enamel was well worn (or whatever all those black marks were) so there was no way used the bath. The plastic floor was old and torn and the towels were hard and discoloured.

When you arrive in the room you do assume it looks clean because it is tidy, but on further inspection it was old and dirty, all our clothes remained in the case and I just used the 2 hangers that were provided.

If you are looking for cheap accommodation and don't mind old and smelly stay here otherwise stay somewhere else or have a large bottle of Jack Daniels before you go to sleep.

Par for the course

by TripAdvisor Member Nijh

Stayed one night (a Monday) prior to getting the ferry back to the UK. Reception staff fine, rooms clean, didn't experience any noise. Bath too small to use, pillows thin piece of foam and plastic mattress covers (my personal hate). OK for the price though, would stay again.

Breakfast in the Mezzo next door was a bit dire, last time I saw bacon that pale was on a bleached pig.

not close to airport

by TripAdvisor Member jose1

The hotel is expansive. 130 euros without breakfast, nothing special.
I stayed there because I had to take a very early flight , so I imagined save money with taxi.
The hotel is not close to airport.I had to pay 12 euros for airport ride, while staying in downtown Dublin,i would pay 20 euros.
So , better to stay in Dublin.
The hotel is far from everything and it´s basic.

A little bit expensive...

by TripAdvisor Member orangecorner

For paying 59 euros7night for a sibgleroom the hotel is OK.

The room was not 100% clean and they can put more emphasis in some areas and I can´t believe that in the XXI century you could find a Tv without remote controler.

One of the receptionist was not very helpful, the other was very helpful.

The restaurants offer good value for money and I ate there the best Burger in all my stay in Ireland.

It is at 10 minutes by taxi to the airport and you could pre-book it in the reception. It cost less than 10 euros.

The worst thing was not finding soap or shampoo in the room. That´s a terrible mistake because a Hotel near the airport must have it because of the laws that don´t let you travel with liquids in the handbags.

Travelodge gave me SCABIES !!!

by TripAdvisor Member LauraCalifornia

Stayed their one night before returning home to America.
I had stayed in my Moms while visiting Ireland so it was the only hotel we stayed in.
There was no top sheets on the bed ... just a duvet . ( which I knew had not been washed ) believe or not, I remember staying to my husband that I felt I was being bitten.
Anyhow, just come back from the doctor and he worked back the dates to that time.
Why can't hotels get the basics right?
The beds are not clean.. even the sofa bed for the kids was dirty.
The corridors have doorways that are nearly impossible to get bags past.
Just a bad place.