Trinity Capital

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT FOR A CITY BREAK

The hotel lobby is as purple as it looks on their website. Somehow it actually works and the rest of the hotel is very stylish. From the moment I checked in to the time I left, I had excellent service, a good room, a good night’s sleep every night and enjoyable walks around Dublin. They are perfectly located near Grafton and O’Connell Streets, Temple Bar and Trinity College. My room was very modern, had a great décor and my bathroom had everything I needed. Even top brand toiletries. They have a very nice traditional bar, plenty of places to sit and have a quiet drink and the hotel is absolutely silent at night.

A really fantastic hotel for a stay in Dublin and it costs less than comparable hotels.

Please note, the Hotel has been called ‘Trinity Capital’ for years and just recently changed its name.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • 195 Non-smoking bedrooms (Superior, Deluxe, Executive Rooms, Georgian and Executive Suites)
    • Brilliant location and completely quiet
    • Guest library

ROOMS:
    • Comfortable beds with luxurious cotton bed linens
    • Complimentary WiFi
    • Refreshment tray with tea and coffee making facilities
    • Work desk, laptop safe, TV, Ironing facilities, Hairdryer

FOOD & DRINK
    • Café Cairo Restaurant, serves buffet breakfast and international cuisine at night
    • Café Cairo Bar – traditional bar dating to the Georgian era

BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • Meeting room for 10, LCD Projector & Screen, complimentary WiFi

• Greyraven23's Profile Photo

Trinity Capital Hotel

133 Euros a night

Unique Quality: I'd be a little careful about staying here... the hotel itself was great, but it was right next to both a club and a fire hall... so at night you had thumping base and in the morning you had fire bells.

More about Trinity Capital

Look no further than the Trinity Capital

If you are looking for a hotel in Dublin look no further than the Trinity Capital. The staff were exceptionally helpful, the location was excellent, rooms were decent size, warm and comfortable. As for the fire station did not hear a peep all night. Breakfast was help yourself buffet and there was plenty of everything. We had an early flight but this was no problem as they delivered to our room for 6.30am, any time was possible.

Best hotel deal in Dublin!

Great hotel- clean, up to date, nice reasonably priced bar in the lobby. The staff was very helpful with great recomendations as to where to eat. Our first time to Ireland and the location is perfect. Stay here for sure!

Firemen a bonus!

by TripAdvisor Member HappywandererLondon

I stayed here on business for 3 nights, travelling alone. The single room they initially allocated to me was a bit grim - tiny and up on the 4th floor, but they transferred me with no fuss to a double when I protested a bit...
OK, so the rooms at the back DO overlook the fire station, but they do not put their sirens on till they have left the station, so it isn't intrusive, except occasionally when they are moving the trucks around. Personally speaking, I also enjoyed the firemen's volleyball game on my second night!
Clean, comfortable hotel entirely staffed by Eastern Europeans who are nice if you are nice to them first.
Bar food is surprisingly nice and affordable.
Was very rowdy on friday night with a few stag parties & drunken shenanigans in the corridors at 3am, but I have to say the culprits were all British, and the hotel were doing their best to deal with it...
Very centrally-placed hotel, I'd stay again, good for business as wi-fi in bedrooms and public areas...

Excellent Hotel Beware Credit Card Charges!!

We stayed at the Trinity Capital for my 30th and it was a top class hotel. We where very impressed with the hotel. We had some language barriers with the Eastern European Bar Staff. It was only 3 blocks away from Temple Bar.
The only down side was my card was swipped for security and over £600 was debited and then I had to fight with the hotel to get back. Even though we where a group we all booked our rooms seperatly.
Would recommed to book through a company called Book Now Limited in Dublin as they got it for half the price the hotel wanted.

Loved it.

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Trinity Capital ( our first trip to Ireland) and it was everything we wanted. It was only about 5-10 minute walk to everything. Temple Bar, Grafton Street and O'Connell Street, just so close.
Breakfast was suited to everyone , hot and cold food, not just cereals!!
Staff very friendly and very reasonable prices in the lobby bar.
We will definately stay here again when we visit Dublin.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member Jill_2k6

Myself and three friends stayed at the Trinity Capital for 3 nights during February half-term. The rooms were very good, coffee, tea and biscuits, large bathroom with good shower. It was very hot on the first night and we could not open the window, I reported it the following morning and it was dealt with straight away. The breakfasts were excellent, with fruit, cereals, breads, toast and beautiful cooked bacon, egg etc. We ate in the restaurant one night as we were going to the theatre, between 6-7pm you can choose from an early bird menu which was excellent value at 15.95 euros for two courses. Grafton Street shopping was good and O'Connell street, we turned down Henry Street and there were some indoor shopping centres. We also visited the Guiness Factory 14 euros, very good, you get to try a quater pint of Guiness in the middle of the tour and then at the top in the Gravity Bar which is a 360 degree view of the city you get a lovely pint of Guiness free.
We ate out one evening at Gallaghers Boxty House, Temple Bar, the food was excellent, do book as it does get busy, you can book online from the restaurant website. We found a great bar to finish off the evening, VAT Bar just of Temple Bar, excellent live traditional irish music.
We all enjoyed our trip to Dublin and will all return again.

Great quality and value for money

This hotel was well placed for visiting the popular Temple Bar area. We stayed with three other couples and we all found the rooms comfortable and clean. We decided to eat in the hotel restraunt for evening dinner and the quality of food and service was excellent, not to mention the very reasonable price as well. As there were eight of us in our party we found this option much easier than trying to find somewhere to eat downtown and after dining in the hotel hit the streets for the very lively nightlife. The hotel also had a very convenient private car park a couple of blocks away that was secure. All in all, very good hotel for a very reasonable price, especially the restraunt.

Clean hotel with wonderful staff!

by TripAdvisor Member mich62

Just stayed at this hotel with six other family members. Excellent location close to Temple Bar area. Hotel is very clean. The worst thing I can say about the appearance is that the rugs seemed a bit worn, but other than that, it was very clean. We had a 3 am wakeup call to catch a flight, and the hotel opened their restaurant and we had a private breakfast with toast, coffee/tea, juice, yogurts, and cereal. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and even phoned the Hard Rock and made a reservation for me. I just asked if it was close by! They also arranged transportation to the airport and it was quick and reasonably priced. I would stay here again in a minute!

Deposit trouble

by TripAdvisor Member HoustonIrish

Be careful of their deposit policy. I booked four months in advance and cancelled just a few weeks later (three months prior to the date of the stay). They never stated their deposit was nonrefundable, but I was out $85 all the same.

Comments