Trinity Lodge Guesthouse

Trinity Lodge
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• Truly appalling

I booked to stay at this hotel on a Saturday night with my husband and 2 children aged 2 and 5. We arrived at lunch time in Dublin and went straight there to be told that our family room had been double booked and we had no where to stay that night. It was raining and a rugby match was on meaning rooms were scarce. The woman on reception wasn't helpful and was often distracted by the phone and other guests, also refusing to put us in touch with the owner. We met another guest in the same position so it seems likely others hadn't vacated their rooms or had paid more to stay on. We booked well in advance so I can't believe they couldn't have alerted us sooner to any difficulties with the booking, especially with 2 small children.

• Absolutely fab

Trinity Lodge is classed as a 3 star. which due to facilities it probably is. However, this was by far the best hotel I have stayed in whilst in Dublin.
    The reason for this was the sheer size of the room. We booked a deluxe twin. For this we had two double beds with tons of storage and a real feeling of space and opulence. It was October when we went and the room was heated well (in fact we ended up opening the window)

It is on a little side street and there is a night club opposite. This did not bother us in the slightest (Although that could be because it was late when we got in anyway.)
    The down side was that there was no lift and we were on the top floor in the main building. This only caused a problem when we were taking cases up and down.
    Breakfast was fine with a decent choice.
    Although I will still try other hotels in Dublin, I would not hesitate to stay here again as it is worth the extra money.

Unique Quality: Fabulously large Deluxe Twin rooms

Directions: Off Molesworth Sttreet (which is off Dawson Street.) The Air coach drops off at the top of Molesworth and picks up from Dawson.

More about Trinity Lodge Guesthouse

Trinity Lodge

by skaf

hi, would love to hear comments about the Trinity Lodge, 12 South Frederick Street - Dublin 2.
the location loks great.
would like to hear more before i decide. thank you. shula

Re: Trinity Lodge

by dmrtn

Well i wouldn't like you not to get a response so I'll fill in this half useful one.

I don't know about the hotel, never heard of it, but the location is perfect and in a "good" part of the city. If I had to guess I'd say it would be fine if only judging on where it is, but I don't have any first hand experience of it.

Hope thats of some help.

Re: Trinity Lodge

by clofitz

I don't know what's it's like inside. but i've passed it on numerous occasions and it's looks great. The location is excellent, couldn't ask for better. If the money is right, I'd definitely go for it.

Re: Re: Trinity Lodge

by skaf

as single rooms in the center of town are quite expensive anyway. i will go for this one.
thanks to both of you for helping me with the final decision.

RE: RE: Trinity Lodge

by mkvalya

how was the trinity lodgge at the end???

there arre disco or pubs in that street or is it a quiet street good for sleep? :)

Comments