Grafton Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

The Westbury Hotel
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Boerresen's Profile Photo

Grand but not pushy posh

If location is a must and you have the extra to spend, Westbury's is certainly a place to go. Just off Grafton Street and with Trinity College practically down the street, one cannot ask for a more perfect location. If you exit the hotel through the back, you’ll find a great area with nice restaurants, cafes and small shops, not to mention the quickest walk to the Temple Bar area.
    The hotel is absolutely grand without being pushy posh, which I think is a quality. The staff all round are helpful and friendly, and the room we stayed in (standard double) was spacious, nicely furnished and well kept. There’s free WIFI (always a plus) a coffeemaker (great) and quite a decent hairdryer and iron.
    We chose not to have any meals at the hotel, so I can’t comment on that. We did however on our last day treat ourselves to a Champagne Afternoon Tea (31€ per person); we weren’t exactly impressed. Not that it was entirely bad, but the whole experience lacked the grandeur we’d looked forward to, this due to inefficiency, and the fact that parts of the menu were not available. In my opinion it’s not worth the money.

Directions: Walk up Grafton Street, when you see the street florist at the entrance to a side street on your right and notice the statue of Phil Lynott behind it, you can't miss The Westbury's main entrance a bit further back

• Chuckaziz's Profile Photo

Conveniently Located In Dublin 2

This is one of the finest hotels I have stayed during my travels with good and friendly service, in-room amenities such as percolator for you to enjoy a selection of fine coffee provided in the room (BTW I’m a coffee aficionado) , fluffy towels and comfortable bed. Checking in after more than 16 hours flight and an unexpected 2 hours delay at London Heathrow the luxury that waited was a welcome respite. It allowed me time to recuperate and nurse the tired body after the grueling journey.

Unique Quality: Besides being a luxury 5-star hotel I find that the location was great where places such as the Stephen’s Green Mall, eateries and souvenir shops are just within walking distance.

Directions: Westbury Hotel is about twenty minutes away from the Dublin International Airport and is located close to the city’s shopping district off Grafton Street.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

City Centre Glitz

When I was at Law School in Dublin I loved to site in the grand upstairs lobby of this hotel and sip a drink, watching all the glamorous shoppers, and listen to the piano player.

Little has changed, except now I can afford to stay here and I am amused to see the students looking at MY beautiful bags full of shopping.

This is a beautiful glitzy hotel just off Grafton Street (Dublin's snazziest shopping street) and is probably the perfect place to stay when you are on a shopping or sightseeing Dublin City break.

The lobbies are of gleaming marble, the ceilings glisten with crystal chandeliers, the carpets are plush, and the place oozes with glamour and fashion.

Many famous people choose to stay here when they are in Dublin - the last one I heard of was Britney Spears when she last played here. Apparently, though surrounded by bodyguards, she had great fun indulging in high priced fashion purchases at the Wesbury mall next door.

The rooms are spacious, bright, and very well and comfortably furnished. Last time I stayed there the room boasted a six seater dining room suite!

There are two restaurants in this hotel and, although I have never eaten in the main restaurant upstairs, The Sandbank downstairs is a really excellent place to go for a lighter meal with impeccable service in bright and attractive surroundings.

Unique Quality: You simply cannot beat the location of this hotel, slap bang in the centre of Dublin's most fashionable shopping street.

Directions: Turn right half way up Grafton Street - the road is blooming with flower sellers. Hard to miss.

• Maybe not for the budget conscious!

Well even if this was the biggest kip in the world it would stil be the best place to stay as a tourist in Dublin-Its slap-bang right where you want to be. Its just off Grafton St. the tourist centre of Dublin and without a doubt the BEST area of Dublin. Everything is at your doorstep-shops,pubs,restaurants....A night here will cost anything from about 150 up to about 300 euros which camparitive to american prices is pretty good! Everything about this hotel exudes glamour, classiness and perfection! Let this place be where you put your head down for the night in Dublin!

Unique Quality: The only thing this hotel is missing is a pool! Which is a pity but trust me you'll be too busy having fun in Dublin you wouldnt be bothered!

More about Westbury Hotel

Phil Lynott Statue

by SabrinaSummerville

Phil Lynott was the wild and infamous lead singer of one of Ireland's most famous music groups - Thin Lizzy.

A statue in his honour has been erected outside Bruxelles bar close to the Westbury Hotel.

Stunningly Colourful Displays

by SabrinaSummerville about Flower Sellers on Grafton Street

About three quarters of the way up Grafton Street, at the junction with the small street on the right that leads to the Westbury Hotel, you will always find the street stall flower sellers.

They are all local people and have their own friendly way - do strike up a conversation as you choose your blooms.

They sell cut flowers only but the varieties available are incomparable. You can buy a bunch of one variety or, if you prefer, they will make up a particular bouquet to your specifications. Cut flowers and bouquets of every kind and description.

Great location, pleasant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member semsemsemsem

We spent 2 nights at the Westbury Hotel which is owned by the Irish Jury chain but part of the Luxury Hotels of the World. It is considered a 5 star hotel.

It is located in the best part of Dublin. Right off the pedestrian street of the city called Grafton Street; the nicest street with the nicest shops.

Also Trinity college is right near by. Also all the tour busses and the Temple Bar neighbourhood with many pubs and restaurants is also within a 10 minute walk.

The lobby can be a bit noisy like a rail way station but in the morning it is very pleasant. We had complimentary breakfast in the lobby and the croissants were the best. Coffee and tea were also good.

The room was very large and even included a separate part with a baby cot which was hidden by a curtain. We had 2 double beds and a sitting area.It was an Executive room.

The regular rooms are much smaller but very nicely furnished. The bathroom was large and modern with 2 separate sinks.

The view was not great and we heard noise from the pubs at night nearby but it did not really bother us. We slept very well and the chocolates they give you at night are large and very tasty.

The rooms and the hotel are spotlessly clean.

The rate is pretty steep at $300 a night (240 Euros) for a double room. We bought the room on Expedia and it was below the official rate. Also the official web site stated that all the rooms were booked.

The front office staff were a bit distant and not overly friendly; yet polite.

The restaurant staff who were all Eastern Europeans from Poland and Hungary were very friendly.

The concierges were also friendly and helpful.

We were able to use the hotel's internet service in the business lounge / office area.

We did not eat at the hotel, except for breakfast. We regretted it as we had 2 bad dinners. The hotel dining room is very nice and the hotel has won awards.

I strongly recommend the hotel.

Best hotel in Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member Loch_Garman_Abu

Stayed in the Westbury for 4 nights in mid-August. It is the BEST located hotel in the city, right off Grafton Street, THE shopping area of Dublin, slap bang in the middle of everything - shops, restaurants, clubs, LUAS. Ate in the Russel Room restaurant on one night - three course meal for two with wine came to EUR170, including the annoying 15% service charge mentioned by a previous reviewer. Restaurant staff were very friendly and efficient and have no problem tipping them but I wonder how much of the 15% if any goes to them. Half bottle of wine was roughly EUR20. My red half bottle was delicious - and at the perfect temperature. The meal was worth every penny though - food is fabulous. Breakfast is expensive though at EUR27 per person. It is a self service buffet offering usual - croissants, pastries, freshly squeezed juices, yoghurts, fresh fruit, cereals and cooked Irish breakfast. Very nice but not really worth the money. Local restaurants that open early have to be better value.

Everyone in the hotel was extremely courteous and friendly. I cannot fault the staff at all. Manager came to ask me if everything was ok. Car park was full but guy on front door parked it for me. Bags taken to room.

Beautiful and plentiful Molton Brown products in bathroom. Face cloths provided too. Choclates on pillow every night. Room was good size, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Big double bed, air conditioning, safe, iron (not steam though). trouser press, minibar, desk, armchairs and table.

Afternoon tea in the lobby is absolutely fabulous. It is very popular. Great food, piano player is great too. It costs about EUR25 per person but well worth it. You can stay for hours.

There is a gym but didn't get to check that out.

I agree with previous reveiwer that outside can be noisy - Saturday night WAS very noisy outside. Best to ask for room at the back. I've stayed in many hotels in Dublin - Morrisson, Fitzwilliam, Shelbourne, Jury's, Stephens Green - none are a patch on the Westbury. I recommend using the company's website for the best deals. We paid EUR179 per room per night and that included the 15% service charge. Highly recommended.

A Very, very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Macsog6

As I write this, I am staying at the Westbury. I have found the hotel to be satisfactory in all respects and would suggest that anyone seeking a hotel in central Dublin stay here. Upon arrival, reception was quick and efficient and showed me to a room on the fifth level overlooking the entrance. Noise was not an issue however at any point. The room was just a fraction on the small side, but most rooms in central Dublin are I have found. The bath was also small with the dreaded shower/tub combination, but the water was hot and the water pressure good. Located in the very heart of things, I was able to walk wherever I needed to go and could catch the new tram line, the LUAS, to where I was working from St. Stephen's Green. Temple Bar was just a few blocks away and the Merrion Square area likewise but in the other direction. All in all, it is a good value and whilst it will not knock you over, it is a very, very good hotel. I would stay there again.

Loved the Shelbourne

by TripAdvisor Member bfstk

Great 5 Star hotel in heart of Dublin's attractions. 1/2 block off Grafton Street, easy walk to Book of Kells, Gaiety Theatre, shopping, and much more. True 5-Star experience. Our favorite place in Dublin.

Set your own alarm!!

The bed was fine but Euros 280 for a single room seems a lot, especially when the hotel forgets the wake-up call which meant I had an adrenaline charged start to the day. As the hotel admitted to forgetting this 'detail', they offered me an 'free upgrade' with my next stay. No thanks. And they automatically added their 15% service charge to my VISA.

I feel that everything should perfect at these prices. Stay clear!

The Westbury Hotel, DublinThe Westbury Hotel, Dublin

40th birthday meal for two.

by roadrunner68

We are looking for a reasonably priced, romantic, warm and friendly resteraunt in the Temple Bar/ Grafton Street area. We enjoy Italian, Thai, Chinese and Indian meals but would welcome all recommendations.

Thanks.

by doodybee

hi the restuarant attached to Cassidys Hotel ( link on my homepage ) was very nice
don't know whether you can look at a menu from the site ( and prices of course ) but if its a special occasion it may be worth checking out

by joannie10

this is not a posh restaurant but really atmospheric and the food was delicious - was a lovely place but of course you may be looking for something more grand:

by annemariebyrne

I suggest Odessa in Dame Court, it's located between Dame Street and Wicklow Street. See www.odessa.ie
Anne Marie

by Roadquill

Mermaid Cafe... Great place, excellent food, fun, ... http://www.mermaid.ie/
Karl

by henry14

We've made several visits to Trastevere, in Temple Bar and never been disappointed with either the food or service and prices are also reasonable. Menus and more info at: http://www.trastevere.ie/

by SabrinaSummerville

It's an area that's full of great places to eat.

There's a lovely little Italian restaurant just across the road from the front entrance to the Westbury hotel. The Hotel itself is a glitzy place for a pre dinner drink.

There's a whole string of great eateries when you take the left turn at the bottom of Grafton street. Your choice is almost unlimited.

Comments