County Dublin Hotels

Our Members Say

• deebum25 profile photo deebum25
  • Reviews: 152

Kincora Lodge: wonderful B&B outside of the City

We loved this B&B. The owners were helpful, considerate and their cooking wasn't half bad, either! A bus ride away from the city centre and located in a peaceful neighborhood the only noise at night was kids playing soccer in the street. Wonderful!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Gay and Lesbian, Seniors, Women's Travel
  • Written September 26, 2008

• cmwheeler3 profile photo cmwheeler3
  • Reviews: 25

Anns of Howth: Howth Accomodation

I suggest you try Ann's in Howth, a fishing village north of Dublin near the airport, with great seafood restaurants. Una and Jonathan are wonderful.

www.annsofhowth.com
right at the east pier
40-50 E per person/night with a great breakfast.

a lovely place, just 25 minutes by Dart (train) from Dublin Conolly Train Station and a 25E taxi ride from the airport (if you are coming by plane)

Located at the East Pier in Howth, a lovely fishing village.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 21, 2008

• sangietair profile photo sangietair
  • Reviews: 22

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Academy Plaza Hotel: A short stroll to O'Connell Street

When we booked this hotel it was undergoing some refurbishments. We were told this would be completed before our stay. It turned out that this was not the case. The front of the hotel looked like a building site. The entrance was through a temporary side door.
There were no amenities available that were promised. The hotel manager kindly reduced the cost of our stay by 130E. We were also upgraded to a slightly larger room facing a main street to the back of the Hotel. We hired a car for two days and we were allowed to park in the back of the hotel at no extra cost. Under normal circumstances we would have had to park the car across the road in a car park.

I think it will be more welcoming once the work is completed and well done to all the staff who had to work and keep a smile under difficult circumstances. They did a very good job in making our stay as pleasant and undisturbed as possible.

Breakfast was included with a great selection of choice, from contineltal to traditional irish breakfast. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast time!

Once the renovation is completed, there will be a games room and fitness suite available. A new cosmopolitan style lounge bar which will play host to live music every day. Hmmm...!!!!

The views from the room were not all that great, but were a lot better than what we were given previously.

• Written June 12, 2007

Our room

• nhcram profile photo nhcram
  • Reviews: 747

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Evergreen B&B: Perfect in every way.

In a last minute rush I booked this B&B having done very little research. I was so pleased I had. From the moment we stepped foot into the house the landlady (Olive) couldn't be more helpful. Clean bright rooms and a dining room with limitless tea coffee and juice. The full Irish breakfast was big enough to set any man up for the day. Olives homemade bread was a treat too! So very cheap too - we could not have found a better place to stay. We will certainly stay here again when in the area.

Good local information available as well as maps. Good breakfasts too! Knowledgeable people.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 18, 2006

Our room.

• kit_mc profile photo kit_mc
  • Reviews: 386

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tara Towers Hotel: Decent location in South Dublin

I stayed in this hotel just one night so my experience was limited. The rooms were decent enough, maybe 3 or 4 star, nothing amazing. Overall though I was not entirely impressed by things here though. The hotel bar was closed by middnight on the Saturday night which surprised me. Early on though my expectations weren't high anyway. Trying to book a room for early January over the Christmas period proved impossible as the hotel was closed although there was no answering machine message that actually said that. According to their website they had no rooms - I really don't know why hotels bother with websites when you can't actually book anything... Also, the prices quoted when I phoned and when my father phoned were different and I ended up paying 89 euros a night, breakfast included, which I think was about 10 euro more than was originally quoted.

Irish hotels are gathering a reputation as being very expensive for very little return and I suspect this was a case in point. The breakfast was pretty average for an extra 10 euro. The room was freezing cold and I couldn't locate the switch to turn the heating up.

On the plus side, this is fairly well located for both Dublin City and places south such as Dun Laoghaire. The Blackrock Shopping Centre is a few minutes south.

The one decent thing about this place was the Sunday lunch. It cost around 9.00 euro and was really good. Huge servings of vegetables and turkey, ham and or beef meant that I was stuffed for the rest of the day. While the lunch is self service from a carvery, the waiting staff were actually very attentive and empty plates disappeared in moments.

• Related to: Family Travel, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written January 16, 2006

Tara Towers Hotel

• jacquitabanana profile photo jacquitabanana
  • Reviews: 49

The Clonatrf Court Hotel: A must stay

I'd stayed here for just one night and have since reccommended it alot.
Located along Clontarf Seafront (On the Clontarf Road on the way to lovely Howth)
The room was not overly Glam but very comfortable and I was just more pleased with the whole place really. From the front it look small but extends quite far back.The front has a pub that the locals use (and the bar man kindly served us after hours making my englush friend love the place even more. Behind the pub is a chinese restaurant.
Peacefull area and easy to get to town too. Boat yard beside it is good to look at too.
Breakie included in the price too.
Close to Barcode late bar and restaurant, Kinara restaurant and other restaurants and so in along the seafront.

The extremely friendly staff
Traditional music on Wednesday nights

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 18, 2005

• jacquitabanana profile photo jacquitabanana
  • Reviews: 49

Clontarf Castle: A Castle in the suburbs

I stayed here when my work had its Christmas party here a few years ago.
Beatiful building, restaurant, rooms and its only about 5 minutes drive to city centre. or just walk down to the seafront at the end of the road.
Lovely

The building is a gorgeous big old castle steeped in history. We loved our triple room. The beds looked like something you'd imagine the 3 Bears slept in. Only big enough for us of course.
At Christmas the building is lit up.

• Written September 5, 2005

• jenniferhen profile photo jenniferhen
  • Reviews: 126

How lucky was I to win this...

How lucky was I to win this trip......VERY!!!
This was an incredible first trip to Ireland, I always thought that I would never make it to this country because it was too expensive, but alas, my prayers were heard and I won a week to Ireland, and got to stay in this kick-ass hotel located in D2.
This place ranges from 301 Euros a night right up to 1,397 a night. I really lucked out!

This place has tons of history, the Irish constitution was drafted in the Constitution Room in 1922. (I was lucky enough to take a picture of that draft, which is framed hanging in the room) That is just a little bit of history because this place was founded in 1824, if I went through it all, you would get quite bored...that is a 178 years to go through!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive