Tallaght Hotels

Our Members Say

• hexelein profile photo hexelein
  • Reviews: 6

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maldron Hotel Tallaght: Business-type hotel.

A typical business-type hotel. The room was as expected, but surprisingly with a small balcony, despite the receptionist's "sorry, no balconies available".

We would never have stayed here were it not for a good deal found on the internet, as I suspect it is rather pricey, despite being a good half an hour away from Dublin. It's just not aimed at tourists, though there were quite a few there.

Facilities include: flat screen telly with cable, free Wifi access, a kettle and tea bags / coffee, hairdryer, in-room safe. The hotel has underground parking, a pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a gym. We used none of those, but I'm sure they are in good working order.

The immediate area around the hotel wasn't very interesting, with a football stadium (special interest, I suppose), some blocks of flats, quite a few business buildings (many of which seemed to have quite a few vacancies), and huge shopping centre. There were some restaurants and the usual fast food chains.

Given an equally good deal, I would consider staying there again, but it was a bit far away from the city.

If you get a room high up, facing the right way AND the fog clears, you will have a lovely view of the Dublin mountains.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 17, 2009
Tip Photo

Awkward picture of the room.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful