21 College Road, Galway, Ireland
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Galway

Long live the GDR, comrades and brothersLong live the GDR, comrades and brothers

boats--duhboats--duh

Cliffs of MoherCliffs of Moher

Street PerformerStreet Performer

Discover galway people

by 3tob3

You ll see quiclky that i m not irish but french.I prefer to introduce myself ,christophe 26 paris .
Me and my girlfriend d'love to come to galway.We ll try to find a job but the most important thing is to learn your "irish" tong!!So we need for that to find an accomodation.
Ok we have already visited websites Youthhostels,hostels,student forum,universities sites etc..
The fact is that we prefer to find a colocation with persons open minded.But its not easy.Let me introduce better who we are.Graduate in geography and Heloise (girlfriend) in psychology ,we are now seasoners.We worked as barman and barmaid in Val d'isere ,good snow spot in France.We are sociable!full of good energies ,no smockers and decided to realize our dreams.
If you are tuched in your heart by our complains 'i m jockin' please write us "inmyway77@hotmail.com".
We need a lot of informations about your city ,activities,servicies and of course about accomodations...Near 350 euros per month.
Thank you really for riding that message and believe in our real motivations/

Kind regards

www.daft.ie
www.myhome.ie

Hope this helps!

Travel Tips for Galway

County Galway boosts the...

by Bodhran

County Galway boosts the beautiful Galway Bay and the stark beauty of Connemara. Didn't see many ponies but alot of sheep. I recommend driving off the beaten path near the sea and you will find some lovely towns and views. I enjoyed Westport, Clifden, and the lovely seaside village of Roundstone where the 'Matchmaker' was filmed...a must see film if going to the West. My fondest memories are the people...especially the people of Carna, County Galway. Spent a lot of time socializing at Moran's and tipping a pint or two. Being there two weeks gave us plenty of time to make cherished friends. We were there when a Spanish fishing boat went down off the coast of Carna with only one survivor. The warmth of the community welcoming the families and providing a church service ( in English, Gaelic, AND Spanish) was awesome and touching. These are farmers and fishermen living by the weather in an unforgiving environment...yet they are charming, funny, and hard workers. The phrase, 'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger' is a fitting description of the people of the Gaelect.

Carvery Lunch at Fitzpatrick's Bar in Doolin

by BillNJ

After visiting the Cliffs of Moher, the Healy Tours bus took us to Fitzpatrick's Bar in Doolin for lunch. When I first heard that we were stopping for lunch, I thought it might be some sort of tourist trap where the tour operator and restaurant benefit at the expense of the tourist. While I'm sure that the tour operator and restaurant have some sort of arrangement, this situation also worked out for me because Fitzpatrick's Bar serves a great carvery meal for a fair price.

A carvery is a restaurant where cooked meat is freshly sliced to order for customers. The meal also comes with potatoes and other vegetables. The term "carvery" is most commonly used in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and is also occasionally used in other places such as the United States.

At Fitzpatrick's, I ordered the traditional Irish meal of bacon and cabbage. In Ireland, the term "bacon" is not the same as in the United States. Instead, this bacon is basically what folks in America would call a pork loin. Both the quantity and quality of the food were excellent. I ate my meal up at the bar -- and, to drink, I enjoyed a glass of Bullmers Irish Cider. All together (including tip), the meal cost about 15 Euros.

I was very satisfied with this meal, and I would recommend Fitzpatrick's Pub to anyone passing through Doolin.

Night time below ground

by racheljapi about The cellar Bar

Centrally located pub with plush upstairs bar and downstairs music venue. The professional and friendly staff reflect the pub mood and the carvery pub lunch is one of the best in town. Live music in the downstairs bar seven nights a week featuring the best of popular Galway bands.

Straight out of the sea

by slothtraveller about Kettle of Fish

Vying for the accolade of the best 'chipper' in Galway with nearby 'McDonaghs' on Quay St, my vote goes to the smaller scale 'Kettle of Fish' on Cross St. I went searching for a decent fish and chip shop and found McDonaghs first, as many tourists do. Unfortunately the place was very, very busy so I decided to go for a walk and find somewhere else. That's when I stumbled on the Kettle of Fish. There were only about 5 other diners there, probably due to the fact it is hidden down a back street. In truth, I had one of the best meals of my holiday there, reading the newspaper while scoffing fresh cod and chips! I'd definitely return on my next trip to Galway! Cod and chips, of course! They do deep fried Mars bars too, although I wimped out of ordering one of those.

Oyster Contest(s)

by jmbredeck

There are a couple . . .

The Galway International Oyster Festival: The Galway International Oyster Festival was founded in 1954 and is now in its 48th year of unbroken sequence. Each year, it draws visitors from all over the world and according to the Sunday Times, it's one of “The Twelve Greatest Shows on Earth”. Over 100,000 native oysters will be consumed and in excess of €6.35 million will be spent by Galwegians and visitors to the city and county during this colourful week of gourmet food, good Guinness and great fun.

. . . and the Clarenbridge Oyster Festival : The festival takes place every September at the opening of the Oyster season. Although much as changed since 34 people attended the very first festival in 1954, its heart remains the same. It is now established as one of Ireland's leading social events. While retaining its Galway roots it is very much an international festival with visitors and participants coming from every corner of the globe. (http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/aGalwayOysters.html )

Contact: Web: