Atlantic View Guesthouse

Atlantic View Guesthouse
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Galway

Do i really need to translate the latin for you ?Do i really need to translate the latin for you ?

they empty the kegs night in, night outthey empty the kegs night in, night out

The Spanish archThe Spanish arch

Beach at SalthillBeach at Salthill

Galway Races

by guideanna

Hi All,

Im trying to find a house or apartment for rent on the week of the Galway Races this summer. (week of the 5th of August). The bigger the better, but if it could sleep 6 that would be great.
I know this is a mare of a week to try rent accomodation anywhere in Galway so a group of us decided to pool together and try find our own place as opposed to hotel rooms.
If anyone knows of any thing could they let me know.

Thanks a mil.

Re: Galway Races

by fdelahunty

HIya!!
I live in Galway and am currently trying to rent my house for the races as my boyfriend and I will be away on vacation. It is in Oranmore a village 5 miles outside of Galway but on the Racecourse side so easy access you can drive to the racecourse in about 5-10 mins. It is the Oranhill estate has 3 bedrooms 2 with double beds and one with a single bed,& 3 bathrooms. Let me know if you are still looking. Thanks!!!
Fionnuala

Re: Galway Races

by dbdnyc

please don't support racing. The animals do suffer and do not have good fates for the most part. I pray for the day it's all shut down.

Travel Tips for Galway

Summer festivals

by orlikins

During the summer there is always some kind of festival going on in Galway. Of course this has the knock-on effect of there being absolutely NO accomodation available in Galway! Chilling out with a few cans of cider on the campus of University College Galway after the summer exams. Just cos I wasnt a UCG student didnt mean I couldnt share the fun! :)

More like off the beaten track..

by sourbugger

The picture shows the state of the disused railway to Tuam only a few miles from Galway.

There is a big campaign on at the moment to re-open the line. Even better - it might be possible to use a steam train now and again, what an arrival in Galway that would make !

Galway Railway station itself is fairly unremarkable although the following bits & pieces maybe of interest :

a) The waiting room has old posters of the Galway Arts festival

b) The far wall, against where the trains arrive has a collection of modern art hanging on it. I especially like the giant photograph of an Aborigine.

c) The booking office has old photographs of Galway from around 1900

d) The view out from the end of the platform to Galway Bay is worth investigating if you are into your photography.

P.S It's also useful for catching trains to / from Dublin.

Big place

by DrexelDragon about The Living Room

This place is pretty big. The downstairs sprawls out. There's a dance floor and an elevated section to the rear. There's a room with a bar on the opposite side of the bar you see when you walk in, and where you walk in has booths and outcoves with its bar. The second floor has a small bar with seating around, and stairs lead up to a small 3rd level where there are some seats and the foosball table.

It was pretty packed when I went here and had to nudge my way into a stool at the bar. Played some okay tunes, but then again I was missing the US music scene at the time. Casual to trendy.

Try the Aran Seafood Platter

by Cruefan about The Quays Restaurant

Located right next to the pub of he same name this restaurant served traditional Irish dishes and also burgers, chicken, and finger foods. I had the Aran Seafood platter and it was a mix of cold seafood dishes that featured smoked salmon, mussells, and seafood salads. It was very tasty. Even though I loved my meal my wife ordered the Irish Stew and I'm glad I tried it. The lamb was cooked just right and it wasn't too heavy.

Go to the Discover Ireland Centre

by BillNJ

On Forster Street, there is a large tourist information office called the Discover Ireland Centre. It is only a few blocks from Eyre Square -- and it was very close to my hotel. The centre is open all year round, and there are tourist advisors who can provide helpful information about Galway and the rest of western Ireland.

When I visited, I spoke to an advisor about my tour options. After that discussion, I purchased a half-day bus tour of the Cliffs of Moher by Healy Tours for 20 Euros. I have written more about this tour in the Off The Beaten Path section.

Comments