Eyre Square Hotel

charlesracine's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel and location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 14, 2009

We stayed here while on a tour with Terry Flynn Tours of Waterford. It was a 4 to 5 star location and we were very well satisfied.
DON'T confuse this with the Eyre Square Townhouse, they are NOT the same.

Unique Quality: Facilities were excellent and the location close to the center, bars and the train station made it a good choice. We will use it again on our next trip in 2010.

Directions: Near the central station.

Clodagh's Profile Photo

Not recommended

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 2, 2005

OK if you just want a bed and NOTHING else. Lots of basics missing : iorn, towels, working sockets, toilet roll, soap, rubbish bins. There was very little to no maintenance or cleaning done. Most important there was also very little security, no locks on the bedroom doors and no individual lockers. We also had problems with trying to get our deposit back. The cost was €20 per night, not the €13- 17 as stated on their website. Would definitely not recommend it.

Directions: Above Revive Cafe and opposite Roches Stores.

DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

It left its mark on me...literally!!!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2004

So, when I got to Galway, I parked the car, grabbed my stuff headed to the tourist office and found all the hotels and most hostels in the city were fully booked. The guy at the info desk couldn't confirm that all of them were booked, so that left me to explore and find out. I started out, and it began to rain. One place, then the next, then another, and then one more...all were booked. I ended up going to the Sleepzone Hostel to see if there were any cancellations, but there weren't. The guy at the desk was nice enough to refer me to Eyre Square Hostel, which he was sure still had beds. I damn near walked away, after it took a while for someone to open the door. That was because it's on the upper levels. Anyway, I got settled in and went to put my bottled water in the refrigerator. One slipped, and instead of landing on the floor it smashed the glass that covered the fruit bin at the bottom. Not realizing that there was a huge piece of glass still sitting in place (cuz I couldn't see where it broke), I reached down to pick up the bottle. I picked up the bottle alright, but not without damn near slicing off my pinky finger on my left hand. Put a big bummer on my nite. It got swollen and should have had stitches in it, but I wasn't going to spend my weekend in the hospital - not even for an hour. It ended up just being one of those things that distracts your evening, because you have to be conscious that you don't bump it or hit it or smack it like you normally wouldn't. So, if you end up here, and see no glass above the fruit bin in the refrigerator, then you know it was me.

Anyway, the hostel is cheap. 10euro per nite. Small breakfast included. No curfew or lockout. It was clean, but it was small. Nice place.

Unique Quality: Good location

wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Good 3 star hotel, very central

by written on September 4, 2002

Excellent price for a great location, and clean and safe at the same time. There is a huge car park around the corner which makes it convenient if you are driving. The hotel will validate your parking ticket which gives you a huge discount for the parking.

Directions: Just at the corner of Eyre Square, Galway's main square. Located between the "Great Southern Hotel" and the Park House Hotel.

Nearby Eyre Square Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Eyre Square Hotel

• Restaurant

Galway Travel Forum

Need advice about Galway, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Galway and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Galway hotel reviews

Rivers and Fishing
Pubs and Inns
Galway Tour Company
Things to Do
Great food; great views; great service
Galway Cathedral
Things to Do
Fun bar-restaurant in the center of Galway
The shortest river in Ireland
Collegiate Church of St Nicholas of Myra
Galway to Letterfrack in Connemara
From Dublin Airport to Galway
Transportation
Follow your nose around Galway.
Take in the market.
Things to Do
Walk the riverside, Galway.
Things to Do
Eyre square - John F Kennedy square, Galway.
Things to Do
Great Fish & Chips - no heavy greasy taste.
Drive along the Coast