Forster Court

Costs 666% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Forster Court

Free Broadband...Finally!

by TripAdvisor Member shelbymom

My husband has to have access to the Internet for business reasons and a very important factor for us when we are choosing hotels is whether or not Broadband is available. During our two weeks in Ireland he had problems connecting at every hotel except the Forster Court. That it was free was even better. I agree with other reviewers that it is a decent hotel with a good location, nice bar, and a hearty breakfast. Staff was not particularly cheerful, but they provided adequate service. The construction across the street started at 8am, but that won't last forever(one hopes!). No hesitation in recommending the hotel to others.

Nice place!

by TripAdvisor Member InsidetheBeltway

We stayed one night in the Forster Court during our 4 day tour arranged by Railtours Ireland. The hotel is located close to the Galway train station and within walking distance to the dining/shopping area in Galway. The rooms are very nicely done and clean. The bathrooms are large and clean. The front desk staff were very nice. Breakfast was great, made to order and quick. There is a convenience store and Internet cafe next to the hotel. We would highly recommend to anyone staying in Galway.

good value

by TripAdvisor Member nancenet70

good value if sightseeing galway
staff is excellent
rooms clean and satisfactory
rooms that are streetside are noisy
breakfast good
problems we did have were rectified financially by manager

I don't recommend the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Griffka

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone and I would never stay there again! It’s an expensive hotel with an outdated décor and old, uncomfortable mattresses. We know – we tried two different rooms! The sheets were clean but the bedspreads were shabby with cigarette holes (not for 160 euro a night!)
My husband and I stayed in the Forster Hotel last June. We booked the room a few months in advance requesting a quiet room. To our surprise we got a room facing a noisy street and the hotel bar just below us with a party going on until very late (or early). Since the hotel was full (because of some huge party), we were promised to get a much, much better room the next day. We got a different room, apparently one of the nicest in the hotel. I’m not sure why, but maybe because of an unsightly “terrace” with lots of cigarettes not cleaned for sometime. It looked like a heaven but only for smokers. The room was quieter but I woke up in the middle of the night with a back ache. The beds in the hotel are really old – they sank in the middle and you start feeling every spring in your back. The next morning we asked for a room with newer beds. The staff was nice, so we thought they will be able to accommodate us. After we came back that evening from the sightseeing we were told that all beds are the same and they cannot do anything for us. We had to stay the third miserable night. The very next day we moved to a much better hotel (and cheaper!) on the main square. And in this hotel (Skeff), we were told, the mattresses are changed every several years (I was sure to ask the question!) And I finally got the whole night sleep.

Brillant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kingla

We stayed there for one night and we found the hotel was lovely, of a very high standard. The staff were very helffull in the reception, bar, and cleaning staff. It is also in a great location of Galway city. I would defiantly stay there again.

Couldn't have asked for more !!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dublin_Ed

We stayed in this hotel from 3rd - 5th November. We were a group of old friends who have all reached the 40 years of age threshold within the last couple of years.

All I can say about this hotel is that it is ideally located and the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful.

The rooms were great, with cleanliness maintained to a high standard. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom perfect.

Not one of the 18 in our group had a complaint.

Breakfast was available until 12.30pm and always served with a smile ( unlike alot of hotels that I have stayed in over the years ).

Four of us were so impressed with the hotel that we stayed an extra two nights.

Happy out!

by TripAdvisor Member Sudds81

We stay in the forster for two nights in december and we very happy with our stay.. We were especially impressed by the Full Irish Breakfast - the best any of the three of us ever had .. not greasy and quite filling.. Our beds werent the best but no aches to report.. the staff especially Suzanna on reception were welcoming, professional and generous - overall with the breakfast being included it was good value and we had a great time in one of the best cities in the world during the worst weather!!

Eat here but don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member PhantomHotelReviewer

I stayed here with my wife and her sister and a friend for 2 nights in December 2006, paying Euros90 per room for 2 rooms. Breakfast was included.

This hotel was booked for us directly with the hotel by a family friend. We ate breakfast here both mornings and dinner here one night, as well as a bar snack for lunch and on each occasion, it was of a very high standard.

The problem I had with this hotel was mainly the beds. The matresses were very uncomfortable and every time I moved, it squeaked very loudly indeed. I've only ever slept on a bed like it once before and that was in a cheap hotel in France. It did not make for a restful night's sleep.

The bathrooms were very good with a nice powerful shower and were well maintained. Towels were a bit small however.

Forster the Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member gotigersgo

I arrived in Galway not knowing that the Forster Court existed. Once in town , however, I found that I needed accomodations other than what I had first intended. Once in the Hotel, I found everything--I mean everything--to fulfill my hopes and expectations for my two month stay in Ireland. The staff was uniformly courteous, the food excellent, the location ideal and, as time moved along, the Hotel just "grew" on me. When I return to Galway, I plan to stay at the Forster Court for the duration of my visit. In terms of the rating system here, no matter the highest number of stars available, I would always add one to it. My experience, in other words, at the Hotel made my time in Ireland.

good hotel,good location

by TripAdvisor Member hammy5000

Stay in the forster hotel recently with another my partner and another couple. The hotel was very easy to find and parking was provided in the multi-level car park at the back of the hotel. The room were clean and had everything we needed. The hotel is located just 2-3 mins from eyre square and the shops which was very good. We had a nice meal one night in the hotel and breakfast was also good. We took the change to visit the cliff of mohir in co.clare which was a nice visit. All in all it was a value for money trip

Sb get's the wrong type - again !Sb get's the wrong type - again !

Mary at The Quays Pub and Music HallsMary at The Quays Pub and Music Halls

windowswindows

Art (my husband) walks through the rocky Burren.Art (my husband) walks through the rocky Burren.

Language School?

Hi!

My girlfriend is now in Ireland for 1 Week and she's in a language school with her class!

so my question is how many language schools are in galway, because I would like to surprise her with a phone call so I need to get some information about the local language schools!

please help me!
big thanks

RE: Language School?

by orlikins

There are quite a lot of them, especially Irish-lanaguage ones on account of Galway being so close to the Connemara Gaeltacht, so it is impossible to say without more info.

Unless she takes her mobile phone with her? ;)

by MarioAininger

ok I didn't know that there are so many of them ;)

of course she took her mobile phone with her, but I thought it would have been a nice idea ;) I'll try to get some more information about this language school, whitch she's in.

thanx for your help *grin*

by MarioAininger

wow! I found something very interesting in the internet!

with an easy pre-dial system I can phone my girlfriend vor 2.2 Euro-Cent per minute into the Irish net...

now all I need is the phone number :(

greetings

RE: Language School?

hi!
i told already that I found out a pre dial number where it's possible to phone for just 2.2 cent per minute... it work's i'm so glad and happy about this!

now me and my girlfriend can phone very cheap every evening ;)

greetings

by orlikins

super - hope she appreciates having such a romantic boyfriend :-)

well I hope so!
In fact she was very happy about my call ;)
Althoug I had to speak with her Host mum as well, her name is Mary

she's pretty cool ;)

But the good thing of this week, where my girlfriend isn't here, is that I know that I love her really, because I wouldn't miss her that much, if it wasn't so...

;)