Terryland, Headford Road, Galway, Western Ireland, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Galway

Kylemore AbbeyKylemore Abbey

white waterwhite water

Our hostel room, 6 beds with ensuite toilet/showerOur hostel room, 6 beds with ensuite toilet/shower

My lovely horse running through the fields...My lovely horse running through the fields...

Accomodations in Galway City Center?

by cdean

I'm looking for a centrally located hotel or B & B - for about a five night stay. I'd like to pay about 75 - 85 Euros per night on average. I'll be traveling alone so I'm looking for somewhere I'll feel comfortable coming and going. Also, is the Salthill area walking distance of the city center? That looks like it would have some moderately priced places to stay.. Thanks for the feedback!

by leics

Look at

www.booking.com

and at the official Ireland tourist info site

you can search for Galway city or for Salthill.

Whether you consider Salthill to be within walking distance depends on how far you are happy to walk. It's around 2/3km, depending on where you will be based and where you want to go.

There are buses, of course. Route 1 here:

If you want to spend your evenings in the Galway pubs (with or without music) then it might be best to stay within Galway itself. I think I would.

by IanMacPhail

My wife has recently visited her brother who lives in Galway. She reckons it is a 30 minute walk to Galway from Salthill. However there are a lot of bed and breakfast places on the seafront on the road between Galway and Salthill. It`s nice there, you`ll enjoy it! :-)

by annemariebyrne

Wards Hotel is a reasonably priced hotel in Salthill, though not on the seafront:www.wardshotel.com
The Victoria Hotel also reasonable but right in the city centre and not far from the train and bus stations: www.victoriahotelgalway.com
You can often get better prices through booking agencies than directly from the hotel and it's always worth checking reviews before you book. If you are booking a hotel in Galway city centre aim for something in or around Eyre Sq.
Walking to/from Salthill/Galway is dependent on your energy, stamina and where exactly in Salthill or the city you are setting out from. It's the kind of walk I would probably do once to get a feel for the location but otherwise would take the bus. I wouldn't advise walking that distance alone at night.

by Waoife

Jurys Inn is right in the city centre and often has good rates - worth a look in my opinion :)

Travel Tips for Galway

My trip to galway Ireland: Amazing places

by jessicapaul

I recently spent a week-end in Galway with my partner. We took the train from Dublin to Galway. We stayed at Lynfield Guesthouse in College Road. It was just a two to three minute walk from the train station. The B&B was wonderful, warm and well furnished. The breakfast was top quality with a choice of full Irish of continental. There were about ten other B&B along the same street.
Galway is a great city for socialising or shopping. Quay Street has to be the most exciting street in Ireland with lots of quaint bars, restaurants and night clubs. We ate at McDonaghs Fish shop. It was obvious that it was good as the place was full and there was a queue for the take-away also. Another evening we ate at the Malt House Restaurant off Shop Street. This was more upmarket and definitely worth a visit.
We really enjoyed our break in Galway and look forward to going back sometime soon.

We stayed at: http://www.lynfieldguesthouse.com/
Wiki guide : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway Cliffs of Moher. Feel like visiting that place again and again. View, weather everything was awesome. I think it should be included in natural wonders of World.
Food and wine is worth remembering

Tribal Dance

by orlikins

Galway City is also known as City of the Tribes' - now gather round for a little history lesson, boys and girls.

There were about 14 'Tribes' who settled in Galway back in the Norman times (1100-1200). They were largely responsible for turning Galway into a profitable trading and merchant port town. Inevitably the families intermarried, as it was unthinkable that an eligible child would marry 'down'. However the Cromwellian armies did their very best to wipe them out in the 1600's.

NIghttime with Irish Lads

by racheljapi about Some Bar in Galway

Drunken night, running around, random pub. I will tell you, I have never met nicer men then in Ireland. Totally non-threatening and a lot of fun to joke around with. They even let me smoke their pipe.

This is all around Galway, up and down the main street. Casual

Getting to Galway from Dublin

by racheljapi

If you are in Dublin and would like to go to Galway it's very easy. All you need to do is go to the bus station, buy round-trip ticket for 13 euros and be prepared for a couple hours on the road.

FYI: It costs about the same to get a one-way ticket so when in doubt, get the round trip so you have more options.

Pile on those pounds

by sourbugger about Goya Cafe

It would be difficult to get a better location in Galway for this bright and modern cafe. Called 'Goyas', it provides a range of pasteries and cakes which you can take away or enjoy in the cafe. The cafe itself is brightly painted, to the extent that I felt I was eating on the inside of a hat box.

The display of specialist wedding cakes in the shop window entices you in - and my advice is to take the bait.

It's a couple of weeks since I was there, and I remember at the time that the notation on the toilet doors amused me, but I just can't now recall what tickled my fancy.

Either way, I'm only guessing here, but i doubt that the painting of Goya's that I have selected for the image here (saturn eating his children) was the inspiration for this great little cafe ! Cake, oh the cake, let them eat cake !

Comments