9 Cashelmara, Salthill, Ireland

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• fairestmom's Profile Photo

One of Galway's best B&B

We spent 2 nights in Galway and selected the Sea Breeze Lodge for our lodging because it seemed the most inviting and it's webpage was full of helpful information. We were not disappointed in our choice. Our room with bathroom ensuite had a large picture window facing the Sea of Galway and also slept 4 people. It was large and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and a traditional Irish breakfast was included with the room. We also had coffee, tea and light snacks in the room. I would very much recommend the Sea Breeze Lodge to my friends.

Unique Quality: The owner, Freddy, was a gracious host. He personally greeted us in the morning at breakfast and after breakfast he spent almost an hour visiting with us in the parlour. He also played a couple of music pieces on the piano for us! On the day of the bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher, he called ahead and made arrangements with the driver to let us have the 2 front seats on the bus. That was perfect for me as I suffer from motion sickness and I can't handle sitting in the back. I would definitely say our host went over and above to make our stay pleasant.

Directions: On the coast of Salthill Area about 3 miles from Galway

• Durallsquaw's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast

We stayed here when we went on our trip to the Cliffs of Moher. The gentlemen that oversees the lodge is very hospitable and from there the drive to the cliffs is not far. This is one of many bed and breakfasts along Galway Bay, with this location make sure you get what you ask for. We booked a room with a view and were given and attic room with a tiny window and so the view of the water was no view at all. Breakfasts were good and cooked to order, very quaint.
    Prices vary and you have to contact them by phone, their site does not provide rates.

More about Sea-Breeze Lodge

Beautiful and Inviting

by TripAdvisor Member PaRmc

We stayed for 2 nights in this charming B&B. We had 2 bayfront rooms with a beautiful view of Galway Bay. We had a family 'take away" dinner on the balcony watching the sun set on Galway Bay. The breakfast in the beautiful sunroom was wonderful. The sound of the grand piano in the background along with the sumptuous sampling of cheeses, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, and hot Irish Breakfast cooked to order started our day out on a lovely note. Our host & hostess were very considerate.

Worst Experience In Ireland!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JohnDoe7

My family recently returned from Ireland. It was a great trip except for the time we spent at the Sea-Breeze Lodge. From the moment we walked into the Sea-Breeze Lodge, my family felt unwelcome. The owner handed us keys, pointed us in the direction of the rooms, and the only thing he was focused on was finding out what time we wanted breakfast. The website looks so charming, but please don't let that fool you! The place is not located directly on the bay (you need to cross a 4 lane highway), the owner is not Irish, and I know now why he wants to charge you prior to your arrival. Also take into consideration that the owner has an illegal weapon and he does not hesitate pulling out on guests to scare them. I'm telling you the truth! Please decide staying somewhere else in Galway!!!

What a fabulous B&B

by TripAdvisor Member raragirl

This is one of if not the best B&B that I have ever stayed in. From the view to hospitality I could honestly not fault it at all. Thank you Freddy for a lovely weekend. And the breakfast selection would put a 4* hotel to shame.
Keep up the good work and I will most certainly return again
Vanessa Kessell, Cork.

Best in Ireland

by TripAdvisor Member capebaby

Great Craic - this is one of the best B & B's that i have ever stayed in. Having spent June and July travelling around UK and Ireland I can honestly say that this is the one B & B that stands out. Impressive!
Freddy we thank you for a wonderful experience and hope to see you again.
PS The piano music during breakfast is a real good start to the day!

Regards
Irene Ras & Family
Cape Town, South Africa

A place you do not want to leave

by TripAdvisor Member aletta05

This is the second time I have had the pleasure staying with Freddy in the Sea Breeze Lodge. The first time when I was on holiday in Ireland and now again that I am living here permanently.
All the good things I remembered were still there and better.! Beautiful room, wonderful hospitality and the breakfast to die for. We lazed around the breakfast table for nearly two hours and never felt as if we were in the way or that we had leave.
Keep up the good work Freddie! I look forward to my next visit.

Loved IT!

by TripAdvisor Member cape_surfer

Great, great, great! Stunning views. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable beds. Clean rooms with all the little extras. What more could a man want. Staff very friendly and management totally helpful (above the call of duty!) I would defo recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Galway (which is stunning). So keep it up guys!

Grant Walker
Cape Town, RSA

do not stay at this place

by TripAdvisor Member shogher

we stayed at this B&B for 4 days, and every day we had to deal with the owner "Freddy" according to his mood swings.
we felt welcome the first day, however we were made to feel most unwelcome the rest of our stay.
the room is clean, with 2 small soaps. for the money spent re accomodation, we did not get our money's worth.
the owner is cheap.
we do not recommend anyone to book here, do your homework before you book, there are many nice B&Bs in Galway.

Enjoyed this B&B

by TripAdvisor Member BostonGal2007

Stayed at the Sea Breeze on our 8th and 9th days in Ireland. We enjoyed a tempurepedic bed in Room #2. It was very comfortable. This B&B is great. Extremely clean, medium to large rooms, softest towels in all of Ireland, even had face cloths. Bathroom sink had a single faucet so that the water came out of the hot and cold pipes together. I had many scorched hands from single faucets for the hot and cold during our stay but not here. Bedroom had an armoire to hang up clothes and a place for luggage. Nice shower with doors. The sitting room had a grand piano and we enjoyed it immensely, with Freddy the owner letting us play and sing to it. The couch and chairs were very relaxing and the large TV's good for viewing. The breakfast room had an extension with a glassed in gazebo to enjoy the look of the gardens in the back of the house. The breakfasts were varied, delicious and served hot. A really lovely property. We also loved the little dog "Charlie" who is the greeter and is very obedient and friendly. A little outside of the main area of Salthill but it was quiet. The view is of an inlet not the oceanfront area most of Salthill boasts. Tours available at the door, store nearby for water and treats. Our host was very gracious with an offering of a glass of wine one evening. Only drawback is the noise in the halls from quests who stop to chat as they go to their respective rooms. You have to drive to get to restaurants/pubs, stores, etc.

Comments