The Racing Lodge Hotel

Deoch Uisce, Merlin Park, Galway, Western Ireland, Ireland

More about Galway

Neachtain's interiorNeachtain's interior

My expensive parking spotMy expensive parking spot

Striking Up A Conversation In GalwayStriking Up A Conversation In Galway

Some neat red seaweedSome neat red seaweed

Bed and Breakfast in the Center of Galway, Ireland

by micetta

My husband and I are going to Ireland in august. In Galway I have not been able to find a B&B in the center, not 10 min. walk away. We will arrive by car so there must be a parking. we need a decent twin room with private bathroom.

Can somebody help?

Micetta, Switzerland

by ghosthunter

The best area to stay in in Galway is Salthill on the seafront. If you really want to stay in the centre take a look at the following website which hopefully will be of help to you : www.galway.net/acc/galwaycity/cc.html
Darren.

by leics

Galway centre really is not very big, and ten minutes isn't far to walk. Parking will be much more difficult in the city centre (that's why you usually get hotels in the centre and b&bs on the outskirts of towns/cities).

However, there is at least one fairly central b&b on this page:

by leics

Lots of useful information on VT too.

by WhispersWest

My lodgings of choice in Galway is St Martin's, http://www.stmartins.ie/, it is about a two city block walk from Eyre Square, which is a fairly short walk or stumble, if its after a long night at the pub. ;-) They provide a small carpark which is a huge plus. The Sextons, Mary & Donnie, seem to have their finger on the pulse of all that is fun and happening in Galway.

Slan Beo (Take Care), Bit

by leics

My post above was in response to another which has now been deleted, so that's why it might seem a bit weirdly placed!

by chrissie611

While definitely not in the center of Galway, the B&B my son and I stayed at in Galway --- Seabreeze Lodge in Salthill --- was very nice. Bus line close by, within short walk. Right across from the bay, comfortable, great breakfast included, VERY nice host! Definitely recommend.

by chrissie611

Seabreeze Lodge also has parking right out front!

Travel Tips for Galway

TAKE A TRIP TO CONNEMARA-WEST...

by wardeoo

TAKE A TRIP TO CONNEMARA-WEST OF GALWAY.VERY SCENIC AND VERY BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES, BEACHES AND RESTAURANTS.ALSO, DO NOT MISS A TRIP TO THE 'ARAN ISLANDS' OFF THE GALWAY COAST- A WORLD APART! I WOULD MISS MOST THE PLEASANT ATMOSPHERE AND THE GOOD FUN IN THE BARS HERE.
ALSO I WOULD MISS THE SEA AND THE WAY EVERYBODY IS INTERESTED IN HOW YOUR DAY WAS.

The Harvey Wall Banger Gang at The Oyster Festival

by LolaSanFrancisco

In the lobby of the hotel, the Oyster Ball had just gotten done in the main ball room and the place was swarming with Black Ties and ball gowns. The piano player was playing Elton John with great gusto.

I rode the elevator up to Palie?s room and woke her ***ass up belting out that I had just loved and lost a very hot man, but never mind that, lets get our best dress on and go to the Ball! And with in, miraculously, 10 minutes we were downstairs, drinking Harvey Wall Bangers and chatting with a very nice Anthony Hopkins look-alike millionaire from Dublin.

At about 4:00am, I was singing Willie Neilson songs to a rather large group of men, and trying to remember what was in a Harvey Wall Banger. As I said good night and parted ways, one bold man said: ?Aren?t you coming to my room?? To this I replied: ?You wouldn?t know what to do with me if I did.? This was the truth as I know it.

Student bar

by DrexelDragon about The Hole in the Wall

I ended up walking by here, seeing the prices on the chalkboard and seeing some good looking women just inside the courtyard and thnking, "I need to stop back here." I never did, simply because I just forgot. It's advertised as a student bar and the prices seemed to reflect it (with a student ID).

French Fare

by ForestqueenNYC about Pierre's

We had an excellent meal at Pierre's which is quite a nice French restaurant on Quay Street Galway, city centre. I wish I could remember what I had, but it has been several months since I was there. I only remember that we were surprised at how good the food was.

Hours: Mon-Sat 6pm-10.30pm Sun 6pm - 10pm

St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church

by Jennyjump79

The church itself is worth seeing for it's historical connections (Columbus was here, believe it or not,) but the real draw for me was the market. Held on Saturdays, it;s a lively combination of food and craft vendors. If the donut-stand is there, try a few of the fresh-made donuts...cheap and yummy!

Comments