Kilronan Hotels

Our Members Say

• linda2931 profile photo linda2931
  • Reviews: 1

Kilronan Hostel: Best hostel on Inish More - Kilronan Hostel

I stayed in August 2007 in the Kilronan Hostel and i think it was really great!:

Nice and clean hostel with a great atmosphere....
Nice and big Kitchen....
The hostel lies on a great location with a terrific view!
Great staff....
Good mattresses and nice rooms
All the facilities from the village are close by

It s just a great hostel...if you go to inis Mor i advice you to go to the Kilronan hostel...you will not regred it!

• Written August 21, 2007

• onfoot profile photo onfoot
  • Reviews: 42

Kilronan Hostel: Kilronan's best accomodation

The facility has just been renovated, it's got an outstanding kitchen, very well equiped. All the rooms has a toilette & shower within.
The staff were super friendly.
It's located 5 minutes walk away from the ferry. There is a beach close by ....

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking
  • Written March 6, 2007

• WhispersWest profile photo WhispersWest
  • Reviews: 71

Man of Aran Cottages: Coming Home

Man of Aran Cottage was built as a set for the movie Man of Aran in 1934. On my first visit in 2004, I chose it for its distance from the bustling port.

My traveling companion and I were greeted warmly by Joe & Maura Wolfe and led to our room, a delightful suite with two double beds and its own bathroom, located near the greenhouse.

Maura fussed over us because it was late and she was sure that without sustenance we would perish before morning. Joe brought us fresh tomatos from his hot house. One bite had us realizing just how hungry we were!

We woke the next morning to the sound of waves crashing on the shore and gulls calling. Breakfast was cooked to order and the coffee was fresh, hot and wonderfully NOT instant.

Since that trip in 2004, we have recommended others and returned twice more. Each time, Maura helps me a bit more with my Irish.

Thatched Cottages

Located on the shore of the Atlantic

Maura is native to the Aran Isles though she spent many years of her life in London, England where she took training as a chef; a skill she applied and mastered working in Buckingham Palace.

Joe is an avid organic gardener with nearly half the acre of land the cottage is situated on given over to this pursuit. His salads are so beautiful it is almost a shame to eat them but they are as delicious as they are beautiful!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 13, 2006

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Artist's Hostel: Strange, But Good

This place felt like home. As a matter of fact, it is a home. I got really sick during my last stay on Inishmore and the people at the hostel really took care of me. They even called the doctor. When I was unable to leave, the lady made me a bed on the floor in the living room in front of the fireplace so that I could watch television. The other hostel residents took turns bringing me tea.

It's kind of set back off the road on its own little dirt path. The panoramic ocean view is great.

• Related to: Business Travel

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tigh Fitz

We stayed here a year ago in 2003. Interesting place. The hospitality was not all that great, but it was clean and our room was spacious. I'm not real sure it was worth the money though. ($50 pp)

The best thing about the B & B was the breakfast and the fact that it had apub underneath. The worst parts about it was that it had a pub underneathe and was waaaayyyy out of the "center" of the island. There was nowhere within walking distance and it took us a good 30-45 minutes to walk to the pier. While there is a "taxi" service on the island, we would have to call an hour or more in advance to get one to pick us up.

Any Hostel: Hostel World

There are about 3 hostels operating on Kilronan, and at least one on Inishere and Inishmore. If you want to book ahead, then I suggest going to the website below. I don't think you really need to, though. Right after you get off the ferry there is a tourist office by the pier. They can hook you up. I have heard good things about the Kilronan Hostel.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful