Dingle Benners Hotel

Gallarus OritoryGallarus Oritory

Trying to find the Dingle gift shop that sells Wooden Sheep with Sheep's Wool

by gram2aandj

Hello,
I was in Ireland with my husband in November 2010 and saw the sweetest sheep in a craft/gift shop window. The shop was closing and I didn't want to intrude, so I left not getting one of those adorable little guys!

Since I've been home I could just kick myself for not going ahead and getting one right then. I can't remember the name of the shop. If anyone knows where I can find them or the name of the store would be great...it would be so appreciated!! Hopefully I can order one.

thanks!

Re: Trying to find the Dingle gift shop that sells Wooden Sheep with Sheep's Wool

by amandajayne81

I am a big sheep fan so this really caught my interest. I haven't been there so can't help you but have googled and found a list of gift shops on the Dingle Penninsula with phone numbers which I have pasted below. Possibly a name might ring a bell or you could call them.... Sorry if I am way off and please let me know if one is correct I would be keen to get a sheep myself.

Anseanna Riocht Emlagh, Lispole, Dingle Peninsula 066 9151750
Must Be Dingle Main St. Dingle 066 9150121
Simple Pleasures Galleria The Mall, Dingle 066 9151224
Tig Slea Head Ventry, Dingle Peninsula 066 9156229

by poppy6488

Absolutely spot on! Any of those places you have listed will be able to help out. If you have any problems, try the Tourist Office in Killarney.

Travel Tips for Dingle

Beautiful County in Ireland

by jbrian26

We recently spend a week in Ireland.
We flew into Shannon, hired a rental car and drove to Dingle in County Kerry.
Kerry has to be the most beautiful county in Ireland.
We stayed in rental accommodation at Waters Edge in Dingle.
The apartments were fabulous, with everything we required to cook and enjoy ourselves. Waters Edge must be one of the best rental apartments in Ireland. We knew immediately from their website that there was every attention to detail. Even when we booked, we were given information on what to expect.
We spent the week touring Kerry. The Ring of Kerry tour was a wonderful day. We stopped for lunch in a quiet country pub. The locals were very friendly.
Each evening we ate at a different restaurant in Dingle. The food was top class, with seafood being a specialty in many restaurant.
Overall, a great week and we hope to go back in the next few years. I really liked weather. Ireland is so peaceful and natural. Only problem is Rain. If i get chance to shift in another country it would be Ireland or spain
Also i forgot to write about food. Guiness beer rock

For Reference: we Stayed at http://www.watersedgedingle.com/
Car Rental http://www.thrifty.ie

Fungie the Dingle dolphin

by sabsi

Taking a boat out to meet Fungie the Dingle dolphin early in the morning. It leaves at 8 in the morning so Dingle and Dingle bay are really quiet. So quiet that even Fungie shows up to do some turns and jumps!

The next morning we went for a walk to say good bye to Fungie but he didn't show up. There was a cruise ship outside the bay so it wasn't a quiet morning at all. All the boats must have scared him away!

Fungi the Dingle Dolphin

by Krumlovgirl

So when my friend saw all of these people taking pictures of the Fungi statue she was really confused. "Out of all the pretty things here, why is everyone wanting a picture of the damn dolphin?" were her exact words. Well, Fungi is kind of like the mascot of Dingle.

He is a bottlenosed dolphin and has lived in the Dingle Harbor for fifteen years. A lot of people are baffled because every day hundreds of tourists take boats out to see him and yell his name and take photos and yet he still remains. I guess he enjoys being a celebrity. If you also want to see Fungi, there are many boats that take the tourists out for a few Euros. If you don't see him, you get your money refunded.

Religious monuments

by eddilowe

You will see these everywhere around the roads. We spotted quite a lot as we drove round the coastal roads of the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry.

I have included a picture of another one in my travelogue....

I have to plead ignorance as to the reason for them being located in such positions so if anyone does know I would be very grateful to hear....

Play Pitch & Putt in Dingle

by sabsi

Pitch and Putt is the small version of Golf so it's perfect for beginners (...like me! I had so much fun there ... and I turned out to be a real talent ;-)
I really like how Golf is not treated as a posh sport in most parts of Ireland. Even little kids play it! And there's golf courses all over the shop... You can get clubs and balls there for a small fee.

Comments