Emlagh West, Dingle, Ireland

• Dingle's Charming B&B

This B&B was absolutely fantastic! The owner was really kind and helpful; she even picked us up from the bus station! The breakfast menu was extensive and the food was plentiful and delicious. The facilities were gorgeous, from the beds being comfortable and the large room size.

Also, it was such a deal! €30 off-season and €35 in season. Book early, I suspect it fills up quickly, especially during tourist season!

Unique Quality: Every room has a view of the Dingle harbor, in the case of our room, there were two large windows with great views!!

It was also 5 minutes walking distance to downtown.

Directions: Dingle Harbor

• Great breakfasts and nice views

A new house in Dingle, 5 mt walk from town. Directly at the sea so you can watch the fishing trawlers and "Fungie boats" all the time from your room. IEP 22.50 per person sharing

Unique Quality: Great view from there and the best breakfast I had during our trip. You have the choice between a few different breakfasts - I chose bagel with fresh fruit and loved it!
    Our room (Bayview - Colm renamed it 'Mind your head')was a bit small though - but it had a huge bathroom.

Directions: Turn left at the garage when entering Dingle town coming from the east

More about Emlagh Lodge

Perfect!!!

by TripAdvisor Member octopus

Dingle, Ireland was the highlight of our trip! I did months of research to find a place to stay in Dingle and consider myself LUCKY to have picked the Emlagh Lodge. It was AMAZING! I could not have predicted it would be that perfect. If you are looking for a great location, in addition to a beautiful place to stay, this is the place. While we were there, I saw the locations of all the other places that we were comparing months earlier (some which are far more expensive) and this place far surpassed those hotels and b&b's.

Maggie was lovely and helpful. She suggested that we take a boat trip out to Great Blasket Island on our first day there and it was the best day of our trip. She also suggested an Irish music concert which was wonderful. Helpful hint: Always take her suggestions.

If you go to Dingle, do not miss this place!!! It was one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been!

The best place I've stayed in Europe!!

The Emlagh Lodge was a welcome retreat in our trip to Ireland. The B&B was spotlessly clean and its location so picturesque that I didn't want to leave. Very convenient to town.
Breakfast was wonderful.
Love the Emlagh and highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Dingle.

the place to be

by TripAdvisor Member cdl728

If you go to Ireland, you should visit Dingle. If you go to Dingle, you should treat yourself by staying at Emlagh Lodge. Maggie is charming, kind and helpful. Besides, how often can you look at the sea while taking a shower from your bathroom?
If I say more I would just waste your time.

Quiet location yet convenient

by TripAdvisor Member Fahrrader

While I wouldn't go so far as to say this was the best place I've ever stayed in, this was a very nice B&B. First of all, the proprietor Maggie is wonderfully helpful and nice. She really makes you feel welcome. Dingle can be rather full and noisy, but this house is in a quiet location about a 5 to 10 minute walk from town along a private path and roadway. The view from the rooms in the house are stunning! And Maggie makes a great breakfast to order. The room we stayed in was smaller than I expected, but was probably the smallest one in the house I think. But it was cozy and well decorated. The bathroom was actually larger than the room, which is unusual in a European B&B. But there was always plenty of hot water, and lots of nice extras in the room and bathroom as well.

Great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member cshut

Maggie is a terrific host, the breakfasts are great, and the location is nice and quiet, yet only a five minute walk into town. Dingle was our favorite stop during our trip to Ireland, and Emlagh Lodge was a big reason. We would highly recommend renting a bike in Dingle and riding through the hills around the harbor...absolutely breathtaking views.

Great hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member Don_and_Lilly

We stayed at Emlagh Lodge in Dingle for 3 nights in September of 2004. We were very happy with our choice as the hospitality was excellent. Emlagh Lodge is conveniently located, only a few minutes walk from the town center. The rooms have a great view of the water and they are very clean and comfortable. Maggie, the owner, was very hospitable. She served excellent breakfasts and was very happy to give suggestions and provide information about the area. If we make it back to Dingle, we will certainly stay at Emlagh Lodge again.

The best B&B

Have just returned from 4 nights in Emlagh Lodge, this was our second visit and it is every bit, and more, as good as we remember.
Maggie is a delightful and helpful hostess and it is worthwhile taking her advice on "things to do". The rooms are spotlessly clean, with beautiful bed linen and snowy white towels. There are so many extra touches, like the vanilla scented candle burning in the hallway when you return in the evening, the pot pourri bags in the wardrobes, the wine glasses that were produced without us asking.
Maggie, you have it spot on- we'll be back

Sue and John

Maggie is Great

My wife and I recently returned from a 10-day trip in Ireland. We spent 3 nights in Dingle and 2 nights each in Kenmare, Kilkenny, and Doolin. This was our first trip to Ireland and overall we had a great experience with the 4 B&B's that we stayed in. Having said that, Emlagh Lodge and Maggie were hands-down our favorite. Maggie's house is located on a beutiful spot on Dingle Bay and just a short walk from town. Her rooms are very nice (we especially enjoyed the linens) and spotless. Maggie does a very nice job with breakfast and is very helpful in terms of providing her guests with advice and travel recommendations. Overall, Maggie is very professional and an excellent Inkeeper. If that wasn't enough, if your a dog person you will also enjoy her dog Muff. The next time we go to Ireland we will likely skip everywhere else and stay in Dingle with Maggie.

Eric and Sarah