Upper John Street, Dingle, Ireland

Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Greenmount House

This place was nice but.................never what we expected.

by TripAdvisor Member a_really_red_dress

I am honest when I say this place is beautiful and the location is a good one. However...I think that the fact that the owners were less that warm makes a difference to me especially since they are in the hospitality business!!! Maybe they got ticked off because we changed our reservation from 3 nights to two? I called down to ask about some local information and was spoken to in a very condescending and rude tone, I'm very sorry I bothered Mr. Curran? While at breakfast Mrs. Curran walked by and sneered then she burned my french toast? (Couldn't eat it ) So I guess if the way you are treated does not matter to you than this is the place for you.

Ignore the previous review

by TripAdvisor Member lambley

This place is good if a little expensive for a b and b. The best thing is the fabulous view across Dingle Bay. We could watch Funghi the dolphin just by sitting on our balcony, though you need binoculars! The next best thing is the excellent breakfast, where our friendly and hospitable host served everyone with great grace and courtesy. It is a short walk to restaurants and pubs, though our suite included a refridgerator if you want to store drinks and snacks. There were several tables and chairs outside and some attractive lounges, all with views of the Bay.

Greenmount Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member JOEL77ST

My wife and I and 17 year old daughter just returned from Dingle and of the five different B&B's we stayed at the Greenmount was by far the nicest. The room was spacious, immaculate and attention was paid to detail. Breakfast in the dining patio was perfect with a wonderful selection of breakfast breads, puddings,fruits, cereals and of course traditional breakfast. Almost as important was the excellent coffee- We stared out into Dingle Bay and the harbour from our table.

The host and hostess were most gracious and gave us the best travel advice for the region. Conner Pass takes you from the south side of the peninsula to the north and John was able to make sure that the visibility would be worth the winding, narrow. It was. Please see the fotos. The pictures were taken looking north first and then south from the top of the Conner Pass.

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member BB_3520

Unlike some reviews of B&Bs in other Irish towns, the praise of Greenmount House is well warranted. Our second-floor Superior room was wonderful --quite large, with a window and glass door presenting a fine view of the town and harbor. The door led to a tiny porch onto which the two chairs provided could be squeezed for a very pleasant spot for reading or a pre-dinner glass of wine. The breakfast was truly beyond even high expectations. In addition to the typical cereals, juices, and breads, the offering included 3 bowls of different fresh fruit mixtures and a plate of wonderful cheeses, all supplemented by a wonderful bread pudding one day and an equally wonderful rice pudding the next. Then a hot menu with the broadest of selections (and equally well prepared) was offered. Breakfast at Greenmount is a real foodie's delight. The location is just a short stroll into town and its interesting shops and excellent restaurants (the most notable being The Chart House -- the best restaurant experienced during a 10-day trip down the Irish west coast). Highly recommended.

Greenmount House simply delightful!

July 18, 2005. My two daughters, two granddaughters and I spent four peaceful nights at Greenmount House...and wished for a longer stay. It surpassed the high recommendation we had been given by friends.

Beautifully situated with a sweeping view of Dingle village and harbor, it was within easy walking distance of both. Our rooms, as well as the entire house, were spotlessly clean, furnished with antiques, with an eye to detail that's hard to describe. Our hosts, Mary and John, with 25 years of experience, were friendly, charming and professional, sharing their knowledge of the area. (In particular, they told us about Holden Leathergoods, which we visited, both at their factory in the countryside and their shop in the village. Had a delightful visit with the owner and his wife, leaving with several examples of their beautiful purses, albums, brief cases, ect.)

Our breakfasts, served in a bright, cozy dining room, wall to wall windows to the harbor, were plentiful and delicious. The pre-set buffet was covered with an enormous selection of cereals, fruits, homemade breads, muffins, scones, puddings, tea, coffee, juices, etc. THEN, we our choice of about five main courses, including their special porridge with Irish whiskey or cream. Of course, there was a traditional Irish breakfast. With five of us ordering different items, we were able to share and taste just about every dish.

I understand the Irish award diamonds, instead of stars, to establishments such as hotels, B&B's, restaurants etc., with 5 being the highest rank of excellence. Without reservation, Greenmount House gets 5 diamonds...I only wish I could give them 10.

Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dingle now!

by TripAdvisor Member LondonOnTheRoad

We've stayed at Greenmount House three times now and it's one of the many reasons that I continue to return to the Dingle peninsula. John and Mary Curran are friendly, hospitable and endlessly helpful, even down to carefully drawing me a map in order to help me find and park at a pub in the centre of Tralee so that I could meet my cousins!

The views are out of this world, as are the breakfasts. Do go for a suite if your budget runs to it, as the rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

Best Breakfast in Ireland!

The breakfast at Greenmount House is uniquely Irish and truly special. We are vegetarians (more accurately, pescetarians) and were blown away with the options. The homemade breads, puddings, stewed fruits, fresh fish were all top notch. We booked late with a superior suite as our only option. I'm so thankful! If given the choice, we probably would have booked a smaller, less expensive room. The suite was the perfect place to rest after a day of trekking in the very moody Dingle weather and well worth the extra expense. We even had a cute radio that tuned into the classical station creating the perfect atmosphere for pure relaxation. The service was absolutely superb! I can't praise this jewel enough and I will definitely book a longer stay next time around.

Beautiful B&B

by TripAdvisor Member cateyes

I stayed at The Greenmount for only one night and treated myself to the room on the top floor for my bday. I can't belive what you get for the price. First, the location is excellent. The views are priceless and it was sunny. The room was more than spacious and a big bathtub as well. The one reviewer who wrote that they thought he was rude - - I didn't find him rude at all, but I found it was very busy there and he may have had things to do, so he didn't seem "chatty," but definitely not rude. In the morning at breakfast, he was quite chatty.

The Greenmount is just beautiful and I highly recommend it for honeymooners or romantic couples (I wish I brought my boyfriend).

Disappointing!

by TripAdvisor Member Debkatie

Both Rick Steves and Frommers seem to like this place. Maybe we were there on a full moon or something, but I found the room terribly small and ordinary and the owner had an attitude that I had not encountered from anyone else in Ireland. We spent 14 nights in Ireland, 13 of which were great, but the one spent here was the worst. I would not recommend this place! We did not care for the town of Dingle either. With so many faublous places to see in Ireland, this Inn and Dingle would not get return visits from us.

Comments