Pax Guest House

AMOMA.com

More about Pax Guest House

Raising the bar

by TripAdvisor Member CorkSeanDubh

I have done a great disservice to my geneour host by delaying posting my review but I shall press on! The standard of service was and I am sure still is an example to every other hotelier in the business. The little extras that are provided by John are fanrastic and much appreciated. I stayed with my wife and three kids in what were a blustery (and wet) couple of days in Dingle and we were quite happy to while away the hours in what were really comfortable surroundings with fabulous sea views. My kids really took to John as did we and were kept entertained by his dog Rio who always had a tail to wag despite the inclement weather.
The reception area is a great place to unwind and admire Johns eclectic mix of art and antiques over what is the best pot of coffee in Dingle. Breakfasts are extraordinarily good and are savoured in a homely environment with a gracious host.
John must has honed his hospitality skills in a five star environment and he has brought all he knows to his house. Forget the distance from town! Cycle, walk or better still have a few pints in Dick Macs and get a cab! I am not sure about the name but that name is gaining a solid reputation for excellence and I would not consider going anywhere else and I have stayed in a good few places in Dingle including the hotels. You need look no further than Paxhouse. Enjoy.

Highly recommend Pax House

by TripAdvisor Member tntOrlando

We stayed two nights at Pax House in Dingle and loved it. The inn is very clean, comfortable, and has beautiful views all around. John, the innkeeper, is an excellent host. Very friendly and helpful and serves a delicious breakfast in the morning overlooking Dingle Bay. The inn is decorated with an interesting collection of art works and good books. We highly recommend a stay here. It is very, very nice!

Orlando, Florida.

Stunning view

by TripAdvisor Member FrenchDubliner

We spent 2 nights there and we must have to admit that it was great.
John is such a lovely man, very welcoming and always ready to help you with his advices about the area.
The view is just fantastic (we even saw the dolphin when we were having our breakfast the 1st day!!!) and the rooms are very comfortable.
You'll find a piece of a delicious cake before going to sleep... Soooo good!
The hot-water bottle on my bed has been much appreciated as I was the one driving the whole week end...
To conclude, Pax house is a very nice place to stay in Dingle with a very welcoming athmosphere...

Great hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member MaresBrisbane

We spent two nights at Pax House. John the owner was so welcoming when we arrived. He has a lovely dog too called Rio. So lovable!! He gave us a lovely room facing fantastic views. Amazing! The room was toastie warm when we arrived and very comfortable. The decor isnt my choice but all clean and new. When we went out and returned that evening there was two slices of lovely homemade cake on our table. Each evening he put something out for us for when we got back in. Friends of ours that stayed in another room got a lovely hot water bottle in a soft toy in their beds!! John is amazing and works so hard to make everyones stay perfect. He seemed to remember everyones names too! Breakfast was lovely aswell. The second morning we had to wait quite a bit for our food, but it was really really busy and we didnt mind because the view from the breakfast room was breath taking. The B and B is about a km from the town so you are away from the loud bars, etc. There are heaps of taxis to bring you back after a night out (as it is uphill on the way back!) and costs very little for the short journey. I totally recommend staying at this B and B.

Pax House is Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member 2203

First, the view from our room was amazing! Second, John is a wonderful host - helpful, caring, informative, and anxious to make the Pax House the best it can be. Our room was very comfortable, lots of nice little touches such as binoculars to scan the coastline around Dingle Bay and lots of books to peruse. Our breakfast was one of the best on our trip - again, lots of nice touches.

The location is great - only about a 10 minute walk to town. While it's an "uphill" walk back, it's not that steep a hill and it will help work off that delicious meal and/or pint or two you just enjoyed! And it's very peaceful and quiet for a good nights sleep.

We'll definitely be returning for another stay.

Fantastic experience,amazing views and wonderful host

by TripAdvisor Member KerrieSherrell

We stayed two days at Pax house. John was so lovely and accommodating.It was such a pleasant experience. The view from our room was fantastic with rolling green hills,stone walls,sheep/lambs,cows and the amazing dingle bay. Picturesque Ireland.
The rooms are cleaned with nice linens. He turns your bed down at night and leaves biscuits/treats with a few small flowers from the garden. In the morning your greeted with a fine breakfast and more amazing views.
We have stayed in Dingle 5/6 times and are so happy to find this spot and can't wait to return and stay here again.

PAX was Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member texastwosome22

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at PAX House. We had planned to stay 1 but enjoyed it so much, we changed our plans to stay another. Several reasons contributed to our decision: the view, the friendliness of John (the owner), the atmosphere among the guests due to John's hospitality and the overall feel of the place. Also, John has a dog, Rio, that my wife wanted to take back with her. The dog added to the homey feeling.
John goes out of his way to make all feel welcome (but in a professional, not intrusive way). For example, he offers and serves coffee (via French Press) and tea regularly. He does an evening turn down service, and leaves biscuits and chocolates. He has multiple sitting rooms, stocked with books and games that are available for the guests. The rooms and the eating area have high powered binoculars that are used to admire the fabulous view of the Dingle Bay and the surrounding peninsula.
The rooms and the facility are tastefully decorated in upbeat, happy themes. The dishes, the service and the food was tops on our 2 week trip throughout the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We had some car problems and John contacted the garage and set up a way to get our car repaired. He told us that if the repairs were going to take a long time that he would pick us up and take us around so we can see the sights; very thoughtful.
We also spent more time with the other guests in PAX House then in any of the other B&Bs as he makes all feel at home, so we naturally chat with each other. He does not force this, it just occurs as you are admiring the view or playing fetch with the dog (outside on the patio).

Excellent service, food, location, room.

by TripAdvisor Member Helen123Us

John, at Pax House was a great host - tea and scones on the balcony overlooking the bay when we arrived. Accommodated us well at last minute. Wonderfull breakfast. Lovely location. Interesting artwork and decor. Showed us where to see the sights. Best place we stayed in the area.

Too Good to be True

by TripAdvisor Member sirchrischan

My fiance and I stayed for two nights and the views and location were amazing. The service, accommodation and attention to detail from the host John were always above and beyond expectations. We truly miss the midday delights and couldn't wait to jump out of bed for one of the best breakfasts ever. John was always very informative and insightful and the pax house is in a perfect location to see the rest of Dingle. Thanks for a splendid time.

Our best place of stay in Ireland

by TripAdvisor Member Tripping68

We came across Pax House on our own while driving into Dingle. Fortunately a room was available. What a room! It had its own seating area and a patio that overlooked Dingle Bay. Our host John was most accommodating and made wonderful suggestions about restaurants and things to see in the area. We were welcomed with scones, jam and tea upon arrival and in addition, breakfast was fantastic. I had a traditional Irish breakfast, and my husband, an ex-Brit, chose mackeral which was something he has not had since childhood.

For anyone interested, they have a website,
www.pax-house.com. We couldn't recommend this place more!

Comments