Kenmare, County Kerry, Ireland
Booking.com Tingo.com Priceline.com

More about Brook Lane Hotel

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BobbyButton_7

We have just returned from a week long trip to Ireland and we stayed in the Brook Lane Hotel for 2 nights and it was brilliant. The rooms were very nice and clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would recomend this hotel to anyone

Great Place -Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member JPE78

I have just returned from a long weekend in Co Kerry and stayed at the Brook Lane for an evening and I thought the place was fantastic. Although not cheap, the hotel was not too expensive and the service and surroundings were fantastic -and within a 5 minute walk to the town centre. I especially enjoyed the king size bed -probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in...

Excellent family run boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member submizion

The Brook Lane is a modern, chic boutique hotel, just a short walk from the center of Kenmare. My wife and I stayed several nights here during our honeymoon and were upgraded to their wonderful suite. The decor was excellent (and clean) and the staff friendly. The one negative during our stay: on one evening, the owner threw a birthday party for a relative in the adjacent bar/restaurant. It was loud and rowdy late into the night, and all the staff seemed to be attending, therefore no one answered at the front desk when we required some assistance. The downfall of a family run business, I suppose. Also, Kenmare, while quaint, is not very exciting.

ideal spot

by TripAdvisor Member Iris-eyes

This is a great spot, nice friendly staff, clean, great rooms and good food in the bar. A group of six of us stayed for one night and used mainly for sleeping purposes. We ate in the bar for our lunch and the seafood chowder was excellent. A little bit expensive but when you go to Kenmare you will see why its so popular. i would like to see tea and coffee facilities in the room as this is what you would expect. They do offer to bring it up to you but if you are feel poorly in the morning you do not want to be greeting staff looking that rough. Overall a great hotel

Beautiful hotel, but noise issue...

by TripAdvisor Member Ken_Tara

My partner and I travelled to Kenmare for the bank holiday weekend on completion of some business in Cork city- see Oriel House Hotel review! Anyway, we got there in good time, checked in and went straight to our room, which we found to be spacious, beautifully decorated, and like the rest of the hotel, absolutely spotless.

The hotel is situated on a junction of two main roads, and our room turned out to be one that was facing the road. Cars, farm machinery and especially trucks made their continuous presence heard and felt through the open windows. Being a light sleeper, I foresaw problems immediately and I requested a room change with reception about an hour after arrival but as it was the bank holiday I wasn't hopeful. Siobhan did her best, but the hotel was full and changing was impossible. She did assure us that traffic would lessen considerably at night. It did lessen, but not enough and kept me awake most of the night.

The following morning, groggy from lack of sleep and feeling unwell, we checked out again and thankfully, we weren't charged the second night we had originally booked so I was spared a confrontation! I was prepared to throw their website's assertion regarding the bedrooms being "Oh so quiet", but didn't need to.

So we had breakfast, chosen from a lovely buffet of cereals, fresh fruit and pastries along with a cheese omelette then hit the road and returned to Wicklow.

Its a great spot for exploring this part of Kerry definitely and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous, but if a light sleeper request a room thats not overlooking the road!

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member abbeyn

From the initial telephone booking the service received from this hotel was excellent. On arrival our rooms were not ready but the receptionist took our bags and within an hour had them placed in our room. The rooms are beautiful. I found the hotel very quiet but granted our room was not overlooking the main road. Breakfast was also very good with an excellent choice. Above all the staff in this hotel are very friendly and go above their call of duty to make your stay pleasureable. This is rare these days!

Exceptional Experience

by TripAdvisor Member LaR727

We had the best experience at Brook Lane. The room was spacious, the bedding the most comfortable we have ever slept in, and the service was exceptional. On two separate occasions they anticipated very specific needs we would have, and went out of their way to meet them without charge. Also, a special treat was a private anniversary dinner they set up for us in the formal dining room.

I was a little concerned before we came that it might be too far to walk into town, but once we arrived and saw the well-marked path, we were only too happy to stretch our legs after a day of driving and go for a leisurely stroll to the shops in Kenmare.

Excellent place for any reason

by TripAdvisor Member MTwetten

I don't have a lot to add to the other reviews complimenting the Brooklane except to say I had an excellent experience and highly recommend the Brooklane. The staff was super accomodating and helpful. We had to change some of our arrangements and the staff was able to do. The rooms are large, with an even larger bathroom and incredibly comfortable bedding. Everything is immaculate. The bar and restaurant/bistro, Caseys, were great. The food was terrific. Everything about the Brooklane was excellent and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Kenmare area.

Worth a visit

by TripAdvisor Member JMAS

A little pricey but excellent service and good food and for Ireland it is worth it. Rooms spacious, very comfortable and clean. Hotel within walking of Kenmare centre.

Lovely place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member EmDee47

Stayed for two days. Excellent hotel. Very pleasant friendly staff . Food excellent in the Bar and restaurant. Decor modern and stylish with some nice touches. Will be back.

Healy Pass hairpin curveHealy Pass hairpin curve