Kenmare, County Kerry, Ireland

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• EastEndBye's Profile Photo

Great Hotel in Great Location

Stayed here as part of a vacation package.
    Very Recommended.
    Friendly staff, clean facilities.
    Very good food selection in restaurant, I only had breakfast here though.

Unique Quality: Great location for exploring Kenmare as there is a foot path which leads past the hotel right into the heart of the town.
    Good base for exploring the ring of Kerry.

More about Kenmare Bay Hotel

loved the bay

by TripAdvisor Member doogle.doogle

i stayed in the kenmare bay hotel recently and found it to be a pleasant experience. the staff are nice and not intrusive and the rooms and food are lovely. this is not the 'Ritz' but then u are not paying for that. It is a good standard, pleasant hotel and the services are very suitable and relaxing. the staff are nice and the building site is a little offputting but not too bad. overall i enjoyed it.

Excellent Overall

I stayed in the Kenmare Bay Hotel the first weekend of July this year and would highly recommend it as an excellent destination for groups of friends or romantic couples alike. Situated just a short stroll from the heart of Kenmare and within easy reach of excellent pubs and restaurants, the hotel is spacious, has plenty of car parking and has been recently renovated to a very high standard. If you are seeking a lively hotel with staff who are are both helpful and welcoming, this is definitely one to consider. There is a great atmosphere in the residents bar which is lovely if you are looking to have a few late drinks, however guests within our group who headed to bed earlier were not disturbed by late night revelling so this hotel offers the best of both worlds! Enjoy your stay!

Very relaxing .

by TripAdvisor Member Yellowbely

I am currently staying in the kenmare bay hotel and i am more relaxed than i have been in years.The place is nice and quiet and the gardens are well kept.i stayed here a few years ago and they had peacocks then but they are gone now.they sent them to a wildlife reserve in killarney.No more 5am wake up calls!!! thanks be to god!!!! the area is a bit dusty because of the building but its not too bad.I did not get one of the new rooms but I snok a look and they are really nice.I am on the internet access in the lobby, drinking my coffee and daydreaming.it doesn't have the poshness of some other hotels in the area but if i wanted that i would have stayed there.when the whole lot is finished developing they will have a lovely resort.

Great Break

by TripAdvisor Member MaryAA

I stayed in this hotel in May 06. The new rooms look fabulous. We enjoyed our stay very much, the staff were very friednly, the food was fab and the hotel was beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Might get Married there!!!!!!

I am just back from a weekend to this hotel with my boyfriend(fiance).We had booked over the internet and put in under special requests that we had just got engaged(just in case there was anything going).When we arrived we were congratulated by the receptionist and told that we had been upgraded to the bridal suite free of charge.Let me tell you this suite totally wipes away the front of the hotel which looks like its had better days.It is a lovely room and very relaxing.The staff were lovely too and the food was good.We were happy to be treated a bit special and we are thinking of holding our wedding reception there as a result.The wedding room they have aty the momment is not great but next year apparently the builders are getting the bullet and it will all be done.I recommend the bay hotel.

Lovely rooms and views with undisturbed stay despite renovations.

by TripAdvisor Member gmurray64

Stayed in hotel last weekend. Stayed in brand new modern wing which felt like i was the first guest. Really liked decor and bathroom including that there is a separate shower and bath. The entrance and foyer is somewhat dated but found out that this is being renovated over winter. Love toasted specials in the country, a meal in itself with chips and salad. Kenmare is so lovely with what is genuine frindliness from all. Visit the coffee shop called 'jam' which seems to be the social hub for the crack/gossip. Liked the snug bar in hotel when came back from town. There was an impromptu singing session with brutal and brilliant singers one after another. Lovely weekend in one my most favourite of villages.

Average at Best

by TripAdvisor Member TheGrackle

From the outside, this place has a dated 70's feel. Renovations are underway on a wing of the hotel, but unfortunately we were put in the older rooms which also looked like they had not been updated since the 70's. Unless you can guarentee that you'll be in the new section, we would advise that some other hotel may be a better choice. This though was not our only issue with this hotel. The views are being destroyed by close development, and lacking the views the only thing left is the charming town of Kenmare, but the proximity to town is a little far for a comfortable stroll into town. Hotel services were lacking and the information contained in the in-room booklets were out of date. Worst of all, we found much of the staff to be to be cold and indifferent, and this is what turned us off the most; otherwise, the other issues we would probably have overlooked. It is obvious that this place was once a big draw, but many of its charms have disappeared.

Loved the location & atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member Buncran-buns

Stayed in this hotel when we were in the south recently - absolutely loved this hotel and its location is wonderful - a nice walk from Kenmare (the best of both worlds. We were lucky to be in the new wing/rooms which have been finished beautifully. Well worth checking out if you are in the area.

Northern traveller

not too bad !

by TripAdvisor Member irishgirl123

location is a bit outside of kenmare , would be a good walk into town , best choice to drive or get a taxi. We had problems getting a taxi on a Tuesday night so ended up staying in the hotel for food. The food was awful ( I barely ate mine and my partner wouldnt even try his!) so I would give dinner a miss! Staff didnt even ask why we hardly touched our meal! We decided not to try the breakfast as a result.

Lots of building work going on , starts at 8am. This is really annoying , we did have a room right beside the site so maybe rooms in the back might be a bit better. Girl at check out said that it is mentioned on the booking confirmation that the hotel sends out . I missed it , so be warned that work is set to continue until 2007.

Room itself was huge , double and two singles with separate shower and jacuzzi bath. Nice bright room , very basic. Tv was tiny for such a big room.

Hotel is layed out quite oddly , two separate buildings and no lift!

Staff very friendly.

Probably wouldnt go back.

Parknasilla any good?

by Nallyboots

Hi folks, has anybody stayed at Parknasilla hotel in Kerry recently? I want to give a relative a very very
special treat weekend, and just a bit worried that Parknasilla is a bit shabby in these days of NAMA and zombie hotels.

Nal, Dublin

Re: Parknasilla any good?

by poppy6488

I cannot say that I have stayed there recently, but being the quality resort hotel it always has been, I would not imagine it could afford to let standards slip. Unless you particularly wanted the Sneem area, maybe have a look at Kenmare Bay Hotel too. It might help with comparisons. www.kenmarebay.com
and Kenmare is a lovely town to spend a day wandering.

Comments