Brehon Hotel Killarney

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Brehon Hotel Killarney

The Brehon Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member norak

We stayed at the Brehon Hotel for a week-end. It is the third time we have stayed in that hotel since July 06. Nicely situated on a quiet road outside Killarney town. Lovely walks in the area. We had booked a twin room and for the third time in a row we were given a double. We expect that to happen now. We cannot understand as this is the only hotel not able to supply the room as booked. As previously we had phoned the hotel the previous day to confirm room type. No good but eventually it was sorted.
The staff are very friendly especially in the restaurant. Breakfast fab plenty of everything and good quality, preferred waiter service to buffet. Dinner in the restaurant superb and bar food good too. Rooms couldnt be better. The spa is so relaxing. Great hotel we will be back may even get room we booked.

Nice hotel, but maybe a little bit overrated

by TripAdvisor Member DublinFlyer

Stayed at this hotel over the Christmas festivities, which were very quiet indeed here. Perhaps not the most exciting christmas atmosphere. A well kept, well run hotel with nice rooms and good food. Was disappointed to find there was no tea and coffee making facilities in room as is the pretty well norm throughout Ireland and the UK. Spa is beautiful and exotic but it had limited opening times over Christmas, so I managed only one visit to the pools area. Staff very friendly and polite. Menu could have been changed a bit from Christmas Eve to St. Stephen's Day. Christmas lunch great, with plenty of choice, including goose. Santa was supposed to have visited young and old with pressies, but he never came, I guess he got caught up in the sister hotel, the Gleneagle next door!

what a disaster. overpirced, 4 star hotel, 5 wtar prices, 2 star service

by TripAdvisor Member sazz80

stayed here for a wedding, food was cold, bar service was pathetic, rooms were shabby, breakfast was burnt and cold, no way was it worth 170 euro a night..

lovely rooms, desperate service

by TripAdvisor Member rebelcounty

WHen you go into this hotel the reception is totally impressive its huge and looks very well.

Ive stayed in this hotel twice for business purposes, first time was upgraded to a suite which was fab, second time got a normal deluxe room which was also lovely.

both times ive stayed ive had problems in the restaurant, first time i got dinner (didnt get breakfast) the waiter put me sitting in a little alcove of the restaurant along with a just-engaged couple.

now there were plenty of other places to put me and obviously the couple were unimpressed as well i was put here so it was so awkward as i was on my own as well so could hear everything they were saying...

The second time i only got breakfast, i went in and asked for a table for one. having been seated and ordered, another guest (very loud spanish woman) asked to be seated by a spanish waitress. they conversed in spanish and the waitress asked the woman to sit next to me, now the restaurant was literally only a third full. the wiatress didnt even ask me if i minded or if it was okay. the two of them spoke spanish while my breakfast arrived and then discussed what i was eating while i began to eat. at this stage i decided to leave, i explained what had happened to the manageress who said, oh right we have new staff this week.

This is definitely the last time i would stay in the brehon, the service of the restaurant staff is terrible.

Fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Corkonienne

Stayed in the Brehon for a second time recently, both times were great. The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable, the hotel itself is beautifully decorated. We had paid more for our room than some of the others we knew staying there who had booked online, but we had a fantastic room on the corner of the first floor with two very large windows (which would have had amazing views if it hadn't been so cloudy that day!) so at least the higher rate meant we got a better room.

We were staying for a friend's wedding and it was great to see how well the hotel ran things, mulled wine reception with lovely snacks/chocolates/biscuits (if you order coffee in the bar it comes with the same delicious biscuits and chocs), dinner was great, one of the best wedding/function dinners I've ever had.

The cooked breakfast this time was only ok (the buffet was very good though), but we had come down exactly 2 minutes before breakfast ended, along with all the other guests, so that's probably to be expected. The previous time I stayed the breakfast was great, and had dinner in the restaurant which was lovely. Also used the spa previously, which is the best I've ever been to.

Overall, the Brehon is an amazingly relaxing place, the perfect hotel to go to for a weekend where you just want to take it easy and be pampered - there's absolutely no need to leave the building. The staff in the hotel, restaurant and spa were all exceptionally helpful and polite. I hope to return!

Good hotel, shocking restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member creamcork

Have stayed here before and really like the decor and style of the rooms. We had a package so had dinner on the first evening. The service is very slow and the menu quite limited. Wouldn't recommend for dinner, poor value. The service and layout of the breakfast counter are diasterous! Waited ages and ages when cooked breakfast came was only alright. Another marathon wait for more toast!! Filled all details out on feedback sheet, heard nothing back.

Worst Food Ever

by TripAdvisor Member crazyciara

My Family went to the Brehon for my mothers 70th birthday.
It was a two day package including one dinner. The dinner was the worst I have experienced in years. Half the food was cold, it looked disgusting, all steaks overcooked. Most of the food was left on the plate.
The receptionist at the spa was rude to us, and the vents over the bedrooms rattled all night. Another disgusted guest told us that he was made que for breakfast and when he was allowed into the dinning room at last that there was not hot food available.
I would recommend avoiding the place and its hotel rating is a joke

Excellent Brehom

by TripAdvisor Member CORK2007

Overall, the Brehon is an amazingly relaxing place, the perfect hotel to go to for a weekend where you just want to take it easy and be pampered - there's absolutely no need to leave the building. The staff in the hotel, restaurant and spa were all exceptionally helpful and polite. I defo will return as this Hotel is one of the best I have stayed while holidaying in Ireland.

Best hotel ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member offalyIrelandCandy2

stayed for two night and had a fantastic time rooms are fabulous and staff couldn't do enough food was lovely . Best hotel I have stayed in.

Surveying his kingdomSurveying his kingdom

Torc RiverTorc River