Muckross Road, Woodlawn Junction, Killarney, Ireland

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• killarney's best

nice size suite room if available
    breakfast very delightful, smoked salmon delicious as well as irish porridge!
    10 minutes walk from train/bus station/downtown pubs
    30 min walk to ross castle or 40 minutes walk to muckross house
    host Emer very knowlegable about outlying districts and things to do
    close enough to hear the deers mating rituals in Killarney national park at night oct.
    some nice views of the mountains
    highly recommended

Unique Quality: host, breakfast, and easy walking to nearby attractions

Directions: from train or bus station turn left and follow road about ten minutes look for Ross castle signs and you are 5 minutes away. if lost like us, just ask a local

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Best Guest House in Killarney

I found this place online. First I wasn't sure if I made the right choice or not as I couldn't find any reviews of the place online at that time. But the moment I got there and received a warm welcome by the owners, I knew I made the right choice.

The place is a bit away from the town center, but still a walking distance. If you are driving, they have a parking space for you. They make a bus tour arrangements for you, and the tour bus would pick you up at the place.

The room was really nice and roomy (I believe all the rooms were non-smoking) with a big tub. : )

I enjoyed the stay so much that I've been recommending this place to everyone I know who's going to Killarney.

Unique Quality: The breakfast!!!
    Unlike some of B&B and guest houses, or hotels' breakfast, you won't see a breakfast buffet here, and hey have a warm and cold breakfast menu including Irish breakfast and trout.

It maybe not as cozy as B&B breakfast table since you'll have your own table, you'll definitely satisfied with delicious meal and nice wait staff.

Directions: About 15min walk from city center.

More about Earls Court House

Great Bed & Breakfast Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member DarranB

For 60 Euros per person per night this is simply the best value accommodation in town! Good points include; excellent service from the hosts Ray & Emer Moynihan, their attention to detail is impeccable, we were allocated a beautiful Four Poster Suite, room 208, the furnishings of the room surpassed many leading 5 star hotels. The Irish breakfast must be one of the best around, don't miss their excellent Porridge!. Ray and Emer informed us that Breakfast was normally served 730-10am, however, they would be only too willing to provide this at anytime with prior notice, even to your room! The knowledge and information that we received from our hosts made our holiday one of the most enjoyable we have had, ask any question relating to the local area and Ray and Emer will know the answer. Constructive Critisism would include; There is no tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms, if this was to be provided this would be a great benefit. The bedrooms are large and very luxurious for a B&B, however, the small TV in the rooms look distinctly out of place, larger, modern TVs would make a huge improvement. Some rooms overlook the side of the hotel, including our room 208, unfortunately the side of the hotel is currently overlooking a construction site and completion looks a long way off. This guest house is about a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre, which can be a nuisance in inclement weather, or for the infirm. Overall the Earls Court House provides excellent value for money, similar quality accommodation in the town centre 5 star hotels would cost from 200 euros per person per night! We would return without hesitation. Darran Burr & Eileen Scully.

This is a wonderful place in a great location.

My wife and I stayed here 2 nites. The room was very clean and spacious.
We loved the location- close enough to walk to city center but far enough to be away from the nightly noise and commotion. Breakfast was good and plentiful. We would definitely stay here again- it is a very nice and well run place. The internet computer in the sitting room is accessible to all guests free of charge, which is a nice amenity.

We loved Killarney and The Earls Court

by TripAdvisor Member a_really_red_dress

We really liked Killarney and the Earls Court! Apon arrival we were upgraded to a beautiful room with a four poster bed and a sitting area. We thought the location was just perfect and loved this little town. More to do than some of the other areas. The breakfast was really good with lots of choices. The owners and the help here were ever so nice. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Tranquility in a busy tourist destination

by TripAdvisor Member HylB

In a town geared more towards tourists passing through than relaxation and tranquility, Earls Court House is an oasis. Far enough from the town centre to be peaceful, with wonderful views across the lake. The staff were delightful from the first moment. The room had a splendid view and was very pleasant. Breakfast was indeed a pleasure and the tea and cake on arrival was an unexpected and most welcome touch.

Surpassed our expectations

Our stay at Earls court was wonderful. The rooms are large and spacious and the breakfast was fabulous. We would definately stay here again if we come back to Ireland. Thank you!

Great Choice in Killarney

The rooms are well-appointed and very well maintained. Bathroom was large and immaculate. The staff was helpful and, in fact, provided the complimentary breakfast early one morning so that we could eat before leaving to catch our flight in Shannon. Internet in the sitting area a nice touch. Our family spent 2 nights at the Earls Court and also enjoyed the location--close enough to walk into the middle of town (w/restaurants, shops etc.), but still quiet at night. We would definitely return.

slightly disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member sf_traveler

After reading all of the reviews here I changed my reservation from a hotel in the center of Killarney for the Earl's Court. Given all the great reviews, I feel I must just have been there during a bad week. I stayed 4 nights and my biggest problem was the room. We were given the room directly above the lounge, at the corner of the building, I believe it was a deluxe room. It was smaller than I expected, the closet space is limited but the worst part of it was the dust. It seemed excessively dusty and my allergies were greatly bothered (this doesn't happen often). Also, the bed was not comfortable. The bathroom is small but about average by European standards. It was clean. The maids are very generous with putting extra sample size shampoos, gels, etc in the room every morning. The shower ran out of hot water during the middle of the shower.

The hosts were lovely people and the map and tips they supply when you check in really came in handy. I was especially impressed by the owners professionalism, you can tell they really care alot about their business. The breakfast in the morning was extremely well done, excellent food and coffee, great selection, beautiful dining room, no expense spared. They even served kippers. It's at least a 10 minute walk to town. The breakfast and owners deserve 5 stars but I would give the room a 2.5 stars.

Perfect Stay in Killarney

My wife, teenaged son and I recently stayed at Earls Court House for four nights while touring Ireland and Great Britain. It was the last few days of a busy three week vacation and was just ideal. The room was extremely comfortable (the bed was so nice to crawl into) and clean to perfection. The management and staff are very professional and do everything to make sure that you're happy - not that we had any complaints. The breakfast is not elaborate, but was certainly adequate for any taste. The location is within easy walking distance to the downtown (where parking is at a premium) and a good location to tour the surrounding countyside. I would give Earls Court House the highest rating and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it anyone. My compliments to the staff.

Comments