Kathleens Country House

Kathleens Country House
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Kathleen's Country House

Twice as Nice!

I have just returned from my second trip to Ireland. My first was nine years ago when my husband and I toured Ireland and were lucky enough to have found Kathleen's charming hotel for our stay in Killarney. We loved the area, and Kathleen's hospitality, enough to extend our stay and cancelled plans to move on to another area. On my most recent visit to Ireland with my Mom and two sisters I had the pleasure of staying at Kathleen's Country House again. From my initial email inquiry to Kathleen back in January '05 she was extremely welcoming and helpful, doing her best to help us plan our itinerary and even recommending other B&B's along our route. From the moment we walked in the door she was warm, welcoming and helpful; providing us with excellent recommendations for activities and dining in Killarney. We were extremely pleased with all of her recommendations; she clearly knows the area well and has sought out only the best to recommend to her guests. Each night upon our return she greeted us at the door and inquired as to whether or not we enjoyed our day and the activities she recommended. Our rooms were wonderful as were the breakfast choices we enjoyed each morning. Overall, the experience was wonderful. Kathleen really is a first rate innkeeper and not only will I recommend her inn to anyone traveling to Ireland, I plan on staying with her whenever I return to Killarney.

Many pleasant visits at Kathleen's

We (my wife Carolyn and I), as well as my brother Tom and his wife -Ruth have stayed at Kathleen's Country house on all of our numerous visits to Ireland. The rooms were cozy and spotless and the prices were reasonable. We have recommended Kathleen's to friends and relatives and they all enjoyed their stay.

Kathleen and her staff were amiable and very helpful. They took time to tell us of interesting sights we may wish to visit.

We intend to stay at Kathleen's Country House on each and every visit we make to the emerald isle.

Look No Further...You've Found the Right Place!

We recently spent 5 nights at Kathleen's, and loved every minute! In a city full of B & B's, it is difficult to stand out, but easy to see why Kathleen's Country House certainly does stand out as one of the best.

From arrival to departure, Kathleen and her friendly, capable staff were welcoming, helpful and dedicated to our every need and comfort. The accommodations were both beautiful and comfortable, from the tastefully decorated rooms, to the inviting sitting rooms, to the calming and gentle gardens surrounding the property, and the list goes on...

Breakfast, served in a bright and large dining room, provided individual tables set in a style that allowed us to either keep to ourselves or chat with others if we desired. Personally, I was thrilled to have a menu to choose from that included both standard and light fare. I sampled both, and can highly recommend everything on the menu!

Because of its prime location just on the outskirts of Killarney, our stay was amazingly quiet and peaceful especially in the evenings when it counted most. Kathleen’s is only a minute's drive to the heart of the city (with ample road signs and directions to get you there), and being a first time driver in Ireland, this was most important and helpful for me. The location also proved to be the perfect start off point for many of the sites we visited around Killarney.

Without a doubt, Kathleen’s was a jewel of a find on our first trip to Ireland, and will be our home away from home on our next trip.

Best Taste of Ireland's Hospitality

I just returned from my very first trip to Ireland. We booked with Kathleen's Country House based on a family member's previous stay with Kathleen many years back. All I can say is that she was the most gracious, friendly, efficient, professional host I have come across. This was my first time in a B&B and I was a little nervous about what to expect. Kathleen treated us as though we were close friends staying with her for a few days. I never felt awkward or neglected in any way. In fact on a daily basis she makes it a point to stop by the breakfast room (The menu was broad and everything we had was delicious) to make sure your happy and offer any information regarding planning your day. She graciously phoned ahead to reserve activities for our party and made it a point to find out how we enjoyed it. She never made us feel that she was too busy to stop and chat. I am an avid photographer and she was gracious enough to ask the tour guide to be sure and stop whenever I needed to take some pictures. I didn't even ask her to do that. She is just so thoughtful of her guest. Hands down this is the best place I stayed in Ireland. I plan to go back to Killarney for a week and could not imagine staying anywhere else.

Wonderful Place To Stay

My family and I stayed at Kathleen's & were received with open arms. We were a group of seven and Kathleen was nothing but charming to us & the rest of the guest at her house. This was a second visit for 2 of the people in our group. They could not wait for us to stay at Kathleen's because they knew we would love it there and were they right. Thanks again Kathleen.
The Mallon Family from New Jersey & Philadelphia

Home away from home

I recently returned from a weeklong trip to Ireland with my mom and my sisters. My sister had been to Ireland many years ago and stayed with Kathleen and thought it would be good to spend several days there. Upon our arrival Kathleen warmly greeted us and then showed us the upstairs rooms as well as the downstairs and let us decide which would be best for our group. Kathleen is very passionate when suggesting the best sites to visit based on the time you have available. When you return she is right there to ask you how your day was. Every restaurant Kathleen suggested was great, exactly what she promised. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The rest of the staff was kind and courteous as well. I would like to return to Ireland in the future and I will most definitely stay at Kathleen's.

Kathleen's -- a Highlight of Our Trip

Our visit to Kathleen's Country House and the Killarney area was a highlight of our trip. My brother and sister-in-law highly recommended Kathleen's, and I'm glad they did. While we enjoyed the more "rustic" features of other B&B's around Ireland, Kathleen's offered a respite. It balanced the warm hospitality and culture of a B&B with the more modern accommodations of a hotel. Kathleen's touring tips helped us make the most of our time in Killarney. We absolutely would have missed some of the highlights if she hadn't mapped them out for us. The breakfast menu was more diverse than we experienced elsewhere. Kathleen was very helpful in accommodating our requests, and was kind enough to email me after our trip and offer to mail some items I'd left behind. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Loved Kathleen's Country home!

I stayed there last summer with my family and some friends. I had my own room, overllooking the garden. It was lovely. The dining room and front living room areas were comfortable and still home-y. The wait staff was terrific, remembered all our little American whims and was friendly without being intrusive. I also called on our hostess more than once for something above and beyond- once it was a bottle of white wine at 10:30 at night. Although it was late, and she was in her home base, Kathleen came right to the aid! We also really liked her library upstairs. We met there each night to review the day and chat. So pleasant. I had been worried about the food, weather, accomodations in Ireland (well, Europe) but I need not have!!! Kathleen's was great. I will definitely make a trip back to Killarny and stay there!

Most welcomed by Kathleen herself...

I would like to express my hearty endorsement of this fine establishment. Kathleen was a wonderful host who took great care to see that we made the most of our time in this most beautiful part of Ireland. You cannot miss with these arrangements!

Best Guesthouse on our Trip

by TripAdvisor Member himself39

We just completed two weeks in Dublin, Killarney, and Galway. We found that Kathleen's Country House in Killarney is a "jewel" of a find. Kathleen will plan any excursion you may want to take in the area and her guesthouse is comfortable and clean. I wish I could say that for all of the guesthouses we found on our trips to Ireland. The trip through the three Lakes of Killarney is just breathtaking. Highly recommended.
Dennis Butler, Chicago