Killarney Court Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Lodging just outside town

Killarney hotels, even in the current economy, were priced on the high side, the B&Bs ridiculously priced, the hotels well above average for what I was finding in other cities. I finally decided to book this hotel as I was getting tired of looking and it turned out to be a fine place to stay but nothing luxurious. We arrived around 8:30 pm and asked if there was somewhere we could get a bite to eat, town was a 15 minute walk away and she said that most places closed around 9pm.

I booked this hotel through Expedia for $124US (not Euro) per night including tax. Breakfast was not included in the rate, parking was free.

Unique Quality: Room-the bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable

Bathroom-toiletries include shampoo and soap in pump dispensers, shower/tub combo, plenty of hot water

More about Killarney Court Hotel

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member garymurray1

After booking a night at The Killarney Court Hotel I knew our stay was going to be a pleasant one from the service I got on the phone and upon arrival the staff were polite friendly and very helpful and seemed they would go a long way to make us fell comfortable during our stay. The Court has a great location just at the top of the town only a short walk to the town centre. Our bedroom was quite an old style but was clean, spacious and comfortable and that’s the main thing, unbeatable value for money. The hotel bar had a great buzzing atmosphere and the food was very tasty. I stay in hotels regularly due to work and I’ve rarely come across service and food as I did at the Killarney Court.

Enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member killarneys-eyes

I stayed at the court hotel 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed it very much. The service was good. food was good and the shower was lovely. It has an old bar and old style bedrooms which are nice but the foyer is a bit dreary but comfy. I would stay here again because of the value we got...it was great not 5 star but then we didnt pay 5 star prices. thanks.

Liked the barfood

by TripAdvisor Member thebigfella

I did not stay at this hotel but I did have food in the bar.It was lovely fresh, straightforward food that was at a good price so I was very happy.The murphys was good too.The rest of the hotel looked fine but the bar was great. John.

A good three-star hotel standard

by TripAdvisor Member Drumquin

We stayed here April 20-21 , on a "half-price" voucher half-board basis. Avoid Room203 ! -a noisy kitchen air-conditioning unit directly outside the window and no view whatever. Food was excellent , staff friendly , environment clean even if decor a little shabby in places . My main grumble is that on a sunny evening , it was impossible to sit out-of doors and enjoy a drink . No balcony , terrace , garden , beer-garden .......I think that's important in a holiday hotel . I'm not including the small shelter for smokers that all Irish hotels are blighted with nowadays . No nearby establishment that one could stroll to either . Still - good value .

Just the ticket

This hotel is not the Savoy Hotel , and neither are you paying savoy prices.It is clean warm comfy, food is very tasty,staff will have a chat and it is very good price/value.It is what I would call a REAL hotel with Real people working there.Unlike other pretentious places that are full of other things.Killarney itself is a nice town once you see past the fancy goods front on everything.

Great value.Caring staff and good wholesome food.'Private leisure'.

staying in hotel right now.Too hungover as a result of fun in hotel bar kast night and do not like playing golf in the rain.In the middle of a three night stay which has been really enjoyable. Think i nearly know all the staff at this stage with all been very sociable and helpful.Its a good three star hotel with better standard of care from staff than hotel rating.Used the leisure suite last night after golf.We had the place to ourselves. Felt like it was our own private facility. All done really enjoying my stay.

loved the breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Smokeyjoelondon

The hotel is well situated on the edge of town with a big car park and away from all the noise and mayhem of the town centre. On previous visits to killarney, I have used the hotel bar, where they do a great roast dinner at lunch time, the bar staff are always friendly, and there is a nice mix of local people and hotel guests
As I was in killarney I thought it would be a good place to stay. I checked in at lunchtime, our room was very nice, spacious enough, clean with an iron and ironing board which was a nice extra. I went to the bar for lunch and for an evening meal and the food was great on both occasions.
In the morning the breakfast was fabulous. After being brought tea and toast, you help yourself to cereal, porridge, soda bread, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juice and croissants which were better than the ones you get in France. Then there is the full Irish breakfast to get through.
All the staff were polite and courteous, and for the special internet rate of 90 Euro for a double room I was very pleased and thought I got superb value for money

Tired old shabby hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mrsheathershaw

Had the misfortune to be here for 2 nights during our coach tour of Ireland. No air-conditioning and no fan made the room unbearably hot as our window was by the kitchen extractor fan!!!The rooms were old and tired and the bed was dreadful having a large dip in the middle that made getting out of it quite an adventure.The dining area was not designed to cope with large groups and breakfast was a shambles. I asked for skimmed milk and after much debate and a quick visit to the on-site garage shop,a carton was placed on the table! Also most of the staff seemed to be fron Eastern Europe so it was difficult to communicate at times. An old hotel in need of total refurbishment. Do not visit here.

Kerry

by fealsamh

"Killarney"

We stayed at the Killarney Court hotel, and spent some time in town and visiting the National Park.

"Jaunting Cars"

We decided to take a horse drawn jaunting car around the park. This can be quite expensive, but since it was winter and there was no one else around the place, we haggled the driver down to a reasonable price.

"Torc waterfall"

There is a waterfall in the National Park. It is about a 2 mile walk from Muckross House. If it has been raining alot recently the waterfall will be roaring!

Comments