Murphy's Bar and Guesthouse

18 College Street, Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland
Murphy's Guesthouse
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hostelworld.com

More about Killarney

The driver wants to keep meThe driver wants to keep me

ScallopsScallops

Bush jumping into the pictureBush jumping into the picture

Blennerville WindmillBlennerville Windmill

URGENT NEED OF INEXPENSIVE ACCOMODATION - 14 AUGUST

Hi,
I am going to see the Gipsy Kings in Killarney on AUGUST 14 at the INEC. I have my ticket. One thing taken care of. I tried getting a flight and the only one I could get was from Belfast to Cork and would cost me between 37 and 58 pounds (early flight or late flight) AND it would have to be on Friday night. SO I will be driving there - either through Dublin or diagonally.
That leaves me with accomodations to take care of. I NEED HELP!!!! I am going on my own and the cheapest B&Bs I found were 43Euros per person per night (for a double room).
Since I will be having my car, I do not mind sleeping in a nearby town.
Does anybody have any ideas? Or can someone put me up for the night? (It would be for Saturday August 14 only.)
Thanks a million,

Re: URGENT NEED OF INEXPENSIVE ACCOMODATION - 14 AUGUST

by oneonta_ni

Hi Suzanne

Try asking your question on this forum:

There are some expert bargain hunters there that I am sure will be able to help!

Jane

by Suzanne_M

After I posted this question (and before you answered it), I managed to find a B&B 3 minutes walking distance from Killarney city center and it is costing my friend and me 33 pounds per person, ensuite, including breakfast! Maybe we could have gotten even better, but I am happy.
Talk to you soon,
zuzu
p.s. I am sorry I did not get back to you regarding the West Belfast festival. I am a bit busy right now. But if you call me, maybe we can figure out a time and get together after the Gipsy Kings Weekend!

by florry

gipsy kings sounds nice, but i heard its all sitting down. but i could not sit down with that music soo i wont go..its to late now anyway to get a ticket..have fun...all the best...:)

by florry

Hi Florry,
You are right. It is "seated", but there are still "standing" tickets available at 55euros. I bought a ticket for my friend last week.
Also, I got ourselves a room in a B&B last week as well.
We will certainly enjoy it.

Travel Tips for Killarney

Jaunting Carts

by grandmaR

Killarney seems to have made a big business out of jaunting cart rides. Some people regard them as tourist traps, and some think of them as a nice way to see the country.

In our case they were paid for as part of our tour, so if it was a tourist trap, it was an enjoyable one.

They have jaunting carts downtown in Killarney and also out at Muckross House (photo 2).

If you're walking along the...

by dracko

If you're walking along the Kerry Way through the Killarney National Park, about half way in as you're passing through the field you'll see a pretty mini-waterfall off to the side and a small pool and a glade in front of it - a perfect place to stop, take a break from walking and have a nice lunch.

Muckross Friary

by globetrott

Muckross Friary dates back to the 15th century and it is one of the best-preserved franciscan friaries in Ireland. In the year 1653 it was destroyed by Oliver Cromwell's troups. You may find Muckross Friary quite close to Muckross House and the most interesting details are the church with a huge belltower, several tombs and great gothic arches and arcades. In the centre of the innercourt you may still see an old yew-tree, see it on my picture !
You may visit Muckross Friary freely and without restrictions during the day.

Ross Castle

by orlikins

Part of the Killarney National park, Ross castle is a recently renovated castle, dating back from the 1600's. Formerly an English garrison, it's on the shore of Lake Laune. Very narrow spiral staircases, so be careful. €3.80 admission fee which includes a very good guided tour. It's quite cold & draughty inside. Check out the "murder hole" and the banquet rooms. Will have photos developed soon.

Killarney

by Deefstes

Killarney is a very lively, colourful and enjoyable town. It's small and easy to explore. Some of the best times that I've had in Ireland was in Killarney.

Around Killarney there are some very nice sights and although they're not in Killarney I will add them to this page.

Comments