3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Tommo5226's Profile Photo

The Riverside Hotel, Killarney

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel from Monday 29th Sep to Friday 2nd October and had no cause for complaint. The facilities were excellent and the breakfast very good. THe staff were welcoming and always willing to help

Directions: It is about 1 km from Killarney railway station and taxis are easily obtained if walking is unacceptable

More about Riverside Hotel Killarney

Great choice in Killarney

by TripAdvisor Member Toronto_AC

The Riverside was a very good choice for Killarney. The staff are very friendly and helpful - they arranged all of my tours around Killarney (Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula), and provided good dining suggestions in Killarney.

The room was clean, spacious (by European standards) and comfortable although it was a bit on the dark side.

The hotel is about a seven minute walk from the centre of the town of Killarney and I never had to take a taxi to get back to the hotel at night.

Highly recommended, particularly if you can get a good rate.

Visit to Riverside Hotel booked by Mr. M. Omaison

We visited Killarney with my daughter, granddaughter, son-in-law and his mother (who was born in Cromane and lived in Killorglin also. She had not been back to Ireland for many many years. My son-in-law found the Riverside Hotel on the internet and decided it would be a good base to stay> I am writing to thank you for a brilliant short stay. The staff were delightful and helpful. We only had two breakfasts and one dinner but the meals were excellent, especially the dinner. We were surprised that there was a choice of menu and the selection of vegetables the chef prepared. We chose the lamb and this was succulent and cooked perfectly. Our compliments to him. We would like to visit Killarney again and we shall certainly be staying at the Riverside but hopefully for longer next time.

loved the Riverside Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jannylass

We were pleasantly surprised with the Riverside after getting their name from the Visitor's center. The room charge was $79 for a twin room. It was a very clean, spacious and accomodating hotel with free internet access in the lobby and a nice pub with good food. It's right on the way out of town on the way to other attractions.

Look for a good deal at the Riverside Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bob1949

I originally booked two nights room only through a major internet booking firm but then saw an offer including Breakfast and Dinner on one night if staying for 2 nights. It cost me £13 to cancel the original booking but we gained breakfast both mornings and dinner for two on one night for less than the room only rate. This was very good value and it would be churlish to criticise because of the deal. The staff were welcoming but the hotel felt more like a 3* than a 4* and is popular with coach tours. It was just as well that I took the booking paperwork with me as they had no record of my booking in the system but it wasn't a problem as I had the documentation and they had rooms available. The bedroom was quite dark and overlooked the car park which was no problem. The biggest problem is that it is a good 10 minutes walk from the centre of Killarney which is pleasant in good weather but miserable in the rain but a taxi only cost 5 Euros. Breakfast was varied with a freshly cooked full Irish. Dinner was also OK with a fair selection. We had crab as a starter which was very good and lamb as a main course. The problem was that it came on a bed of mash with new potatoes and chips which was rather potato overkill- at least we didn't leave hungry! The bar next door in the Holiday Inn was more atmospheric than the Riverside and the bar food looked to be good at the Holiday Inn.
If we were to return to Killarney we would probably choose another hotel but at a deal like I eventually got, I'm not complaining!

Great stay!

We enjoyed a great 4 night stay at the Riverside hotel in Killarney. The hotel is perfectly located between the Muckross section of the national park and the town, just a minutes drive from everywhere.

Our room was very quiet and comfortable, although my bed sloped to one side. The staff was very accommodating in providing us with an electrical convertor for free during our stay.

We attemped to eat at the pub one night seeing as the food smelled great, the prices were reasonable and the dishes sounded great. But because we were there in the off season, we ordered and no food came. Not terribly bright of the staff.

Overall we were quite satisfied with the hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

We don't think this hotel is 4* quality

by TripAdvisor Member Micam

We recently stayed at the Riverside Hotel, and frankly the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were without exception polite, and friendly. The hotel we found to be very basic, and particularly the room we were allocated, was very dark and pokey, it had a double and single bed squashed into a small room. The room itself was crammed with oversized furniture (particularly the massive wardrobe). Oddly the bedroom itself had no mirror whatsoever, which makes it difficult to apply make-up or dry hair!!!. We were told there was no other room available as they were fully booked that week-end, so we just put up with it for the two nights.The most annoying thing was the room overlooked a service area, and was also close to an extractor fan that was very noisy during nightime. On reading the other reports, I 'm beginning to wonder if we stayed in the same hotel as those that left glowing reports, but the picture of the hotel is of the same one, which is a misleading photogrraph as the hotel is not in a leafy green setting, but set amongst other hotels & B&B's on the Muckross Road.

on a busy road

When you are not familiar with Ireland and you look on the hotel's website you think you book a romantic hotel in Ireland. But you book a hotel that is on the most busiest road in the Southwest on the Ring of Kerry and the traffic does not even stop at night. If you leave before 8.oo and come home after 10.00 pm than it might be okay. The view is disappoining, just look at my photos. We had a look at the rooms at the backside of the hotel but there you look on the parking lot and the garbage. The hotel is mainly booked by tour groups so we had difficulties making reservation for dinner. 6.30 pm or 20.15. The food was excellent and the staff extremely friendly so we had a pleasant dinner afterall. The hotel, the restaurant and the rooms are very dark, just the lobby is bright and friendly. On Muckross Road there are plenty hotels next to each other and Riverside is just the last one in the row. Nothing special, too noisy and Killarney is very commercial.

Happy stay

The hotel is well appointed and the room my wife and I stayed in was clean and comfortable. Whilst the hotel, along with many others, is situated on the Muckross Road, which tends to be busy we found the position beneficial given the proximity to Killarney town. The hotel is set back from the road and the the traffic movement did not disturb us. What made our stay particularly enjoyable was the courtesy and welcoming attitude of the staff. The staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable and their hospitality was very much in the Irish tradition. The restaurant and the food served were above average and my wife was particularly impressed with the way the restaurant staff ensured that her gluten intolerance was given top priority.

My wife and I would most certainly stay in the hotel on our next visit to Killarney.

Wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member CandDHandel

Had a wonderful time staying here. Its not luxurious, but its clean and comfortable. The staff was extraordinarily helpful giving us directions and helping us plan our time in Killarney. In my book, a friendly helpful attitude and a genuine desire to please go along way in this service starved world. I give The Riverside a thumbs up.

Comments