The Ross, Killarney

The Ross
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Ross, Killarney

Luxurious little hotel - couldnt recommend it more

by TripAdvisor Member alicat84

My boyfriend and I had already booked another hotel in Killarney when a colleague of mine advised me to cancel and try The Ross instead. This was the best decision of our whole holiday. We spent 3 days in Galway and then 3 days in Killarney but I'm gutted we didnt spend the whole trip in Kerry. The Ross is a stunning little boutique hotel situated in the middle of Killarney town, the National Park only a few minutes drive away. The front is small and could be hard to find unless you know what you are looking for (Head past the old Great Southern and it's just across the road from the cinema, beside the church)

The reception area is very modern and plush, and had a roaring fire, with a small drinks reception to welcome us to the hotel, a very nice touch. There didnt seem to be a porter on duty but as the hotel is quite small, with an efficient elevator, it wasnt a problem for us. Our room was the top suite of the hotel, with two huge bay windows looking out onto the street, filled with quaint jaunting cars and the mountains in the distance. Despite looking out onto the road, we never experienced any disturbances from outside.

The room itself was stunning. It was modern and warm, and quite possibly the biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in. We had loads of room for all our belongings and even had our own fireplace, with a huge flatscreen television. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but the shower itself was big and the bath was deep. The bed was just divine, the most comfortable bed I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Dressing robes and slippers were provided, along with complimentary toiletries and a supply of fresh fruit to our room every day.

The Lane Bar was modern and funky, complete with cocktail bar and provided lovely meals through the day. The funky look was continued down into the stunning Cellar One Restaurant, where we enjoyed our free meal with the hotel package. It could have been a little pricey but I would have paid anyway because dinner was delicious (try the Baked Alaska - to die for!) Breakfast was also provided in the restaurant, with cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit salads and a selection of cooked meals.

Although we didnt get to use it, there is a hot tub on the rooftop with stunning views over Killarney! Shame we only found it on our last day!

Overall, the staff were very friendly and attentive and the receptionist was most helpful in recommending some local restaurants and sights. Don't miss the National Park in a jaunting car and if you have a car, please take a spin around the Ring of Kerry, the scenery is only breath-taking. As an Irish person, I'm ashamed to say I didnt know we had such amazing views in this country, it really opened my eyes.

Party Central

by TripAdvisor Member shasha50

We were attending a conference in Killarney and stayed Friday and Saturday night. The decor of the hotel is lovely and staff are very friendly. However I definitly woludn't go back as we left the hotel more exhausted than when we arrived. Our room faced onto a street with pubs and a taxi rank making it impossible to get any sleep. We had to phone down to the night porter at 5.30am on the Saturday night as the noise was still going on. He did contact the police to try and move the people on, but unfortunately we were only able to get three hours sleep that night. We were exhausted attending the conference the following morning. The hotel would be suitable for peope who want to go out partying, but it's definitly not suitable for business or people looking for a relaxing weekend.

Ross Hotel, nice but noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member Nicola026

We checked into the Ross Hotel for a relaxing break and requested a quiet location at the time of booking by phone. We had booked a suite and dinner in the hotel restaurant.
I confirmed our dinner reservation on arrival. The room was great and the hotel has been refurbushed recently. When we went to the restaurant for dinner, there was no table booked or ready and staff were not helpful or nice, we had to wait for a table in a busy restaurant. We did enjoy dinner and after dinner drinks in the very busy hotel bar/club.
We went to bed at around midnight...and couldn't sleep until after 3AM or later! The bedrooms are over the outdoor area of the bar and the noise level from the bar and the music was completely unacceptable, I still cannot believe that a hotel will place bedrooms over a public outdoor smoking, gatering area! I called the reception to ask what they could do, they said nothing! Neither could they do anything about the TV which didn't work.....On check-out, another two groups were compalining about the horrendeous level of noise and disturbance from drunken revellers, we did as well but none of us got an apology, I said I had requested a quiet location and another couple said they did as well. Seems there is no quiet location in this hotel at night. Never again, it looks great and the bar food was good ( not so great in the restaurant) but it is not suitable for anyone other than clubbers at weekends or maybe any time.

Great!

by TripAdvisor Member PGA2

Situated on the main street. It is easy walking distance from the train station and has easy access to all the bars and restaurants on High Street.

Great looking place....rooms, lobby and restaurant. Someone spent a lot of time and money decorating this place and there is A LOT going on. The restaurant is visually stimulating.

The room was VERY comfortable and surprisingly big for a European hotel. The bath was huge. Room 307!

We booked 30 minutes before by phone and possibly got what inventory was leftover but it was fantastic.

Free parking at their "sister" hotel The Kilarney Grand.

Huge Bed!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mrs-aggy

Reasonable price, trendy modern hotel - food a bit pricy so didn't eat at hotel. Absolutely huge bed and so comfy! Right in the heart of Killarney so great for the nightlife. Parking at the Killatney Park Hotel (sister hotel) and you can use their spa but didn't have time for this - too much to see and do!

Fabulous Hotel, loved everything about it

by TripAdvisor Member tweetypie78

I stayed here with 3 other female friends, the hotel is completely modern and funky, very relaxing, the beds were so comfy, rooms were spotless, staff were very friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

Top Class Hotel at a great price!

by TripAdvisor Member kinsale

FINILLY... a hotel that’s give 5 star service and a great price. After staying in the G in Galway I didn’t think it could be beaten but this hotel tops it by far, Wonderful staff and the rooms are one of the best I have stayed in in Killarney, And believe me I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Killarney but form now on it will only be The Ross for me. It was so nice to come back to our room to a wonderful bath and beautiful modern bedroom with crisp white sheets, large plasma TV , bottled water, gown’s slippers and large bed. Normally you pay a lot more money for these luxuries. I wont be paying huge bills at 5 star hotels in Killarney again when I can have it all for a reasonable price in the Ross Hotel..
Well done to The Ross hotel for a great hotel at a great price.

One of my favourite hotels

by TripAdvisor Member Shaggyboyo

While working in Kerry I stayed regularly in the Ross. I looked forward to staying there. The rooms are clean, modern and funky. The bar food is very good quality and reasonably priced. The staff are among the most professional and friendliest (naturally friendly, not this "put on" crap!) that i have ever come across. The location is bang in the middle of Killarney (great) but it can get noisy outside but that didnt bother me. The only negatives i can find with this place is that the rooms can get quite warm (but there is AirCon) and the car park is across the street in a sister hotel. You can use the leisure facilities in the Killarney Park (5*) but i didn't make use of them. Personally i think the ross is one of my favourte places to stay and i look forward to it every time. I highly recommend the Ross.

Amazing Ross

by TripAdvisor Member KiwiGlenda

The Ross has the "wow" factor. Well worth the money. It has had a complete makeover and no expense is spared. We were welcomed warmly and told we could park at their 5 star sister hotel across the road and also use their facilities if we wished. Considering The Ross is in the centre of a busy town, free parking is a bonus.
Our room was as spectacular as the rest of the hotel. A huge, extremely comfortable bed - I sat on the edge of it and my feet didn't touch the ground! A luxurious bathroom and all the mod cons. The only down side was that we had to keep the window closed and use the air con because of the smells of cooking from a neighbouring restaurant. Our room was immaculate and delicious decor.
The public rooms are just as spectacular. The ladies' toilet has a pink wash basin area. One of the lounges is hugely pink too. The bar has 3 levels and is used frequently by locals so they must approve too. The food is good and the drinks prices are reasonable. Down stairs is the excellent restaurant. Not cheap, but good value as they serve quality food with a good a la carte menu. Breakfast is also served down here and it is a very good quality "full Irish" cooked on demand, not congealing as seems to be the norm in chain hotels.
Ask for the spa pool on the rooftop to be opened but don't tell too many people as having it to yourself is devine.
The Ross is an experience. It is sublime. It is a boutique hotel which is determined to do things right - and they do. The staff are cheerful and enjoy their work. My only disappointment is that the Ross is a little too far away for frequent weekend breaks for us. Hopefully we shall return.

Our not exactly healthy lunchOur not exactly healthy lunch

Lakes of KillarneyLakes of Killarney

Streetscape - Foley's Seafood Restaurant & barStreetscape - Foley's Seafood Restaurant & bar

Beehive-huts on Dingle islandBeehive-huts on Dingle island