Caragh Lake

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Ard Na Sidhe

South West of Ireland

by whvcebu

"Caragh Lake - Ard na Sidhe"

During my trip through the South West of Ireland I followed the "Ring of Kerry". I saw some of the most beautiful sceneries I have ever seen at Caragh Lake. There are only a few houses and that area has been declared as a nature reserve territory. The lake is near the city of Killorglin, County Kerry, embedded between two mountains: MacGillicuddy Reeks which is Ireland's highest stretch of mountains and the Seefin mountain.

Overlooking the lake I found a very cozy place: The Ard na Sidhe Hotel in old Victorian style. The name Ard na Sidhe means fairy house, and behind the house and there is also a cave. It overlooks Caragh Lake, has only a few superb bedrooms, all with a stylish elegance combined with the luxury of modern living, something that I have seen very seldom. It is a place surrounded by magnificent gardens, really something to relax and enjoy nature.

For those who like dining in a very peaceful and inviting set up, visit to Ard na Sidhe, whenever you should be in that area.

River near KillgorlinRiver near Killgorlin

St.James R.C. Church,KillorglinSt.James R.C. Church,Killorglin

River Laune from the busRiver Laune from the bus

Grandson's photoGrandson's photo

Killorglin Information

by killorglinbound

Has anyone visited Killorglin? I am interested in learning all about the community where my ancestors originated.

RE: Killorglin Information

by Roadquill

We stopped by Kilorglin for an afternoon last summer for the County Fair. It was fun and kind of silly. The had taken Elvis the goat and made him King Puck. Rained on us pretty well in August. Easy drive to/from Tralee. Fun and winding road to Dingle.
Karl

RE: Killorglin Information

by Roadquill

Wow, I even had a picture of the Puck Festival on my Dublin webpage travelogue. At least one other VT'r has been there. She has a few comments if you type in Killorglin under destination.

RE: RE: Killorglin Information

by orlikins

I've been to Killorglin a couple of times, though I don't have a separate page for it, I probably have mentioned it in my Killarney page.

Anyway, it is a relatively short drive from Killarney town, it is just a small village. In August it is mad busy with the Puck Fair & tourists, otherwise it is quiet enough.

Travel Tips for Killorglin

Salmon Fishing

by grandmaR

under construction

Killorglin is situated on the river Laune, an excellent salmon fishing river. The Southern Fisheries Board have organised joint development programs with local boards to make the rivers and lakes more accessible to Anglers. The Fishery boards also stock a number of lakes to ensure a successful days fishing. The river Laune boasts a run of Salmon and the river also drains the largest of the Killarney Lakes which is known for its brown trout. Please note a state license is always necessary for salmon angling. Licenses and permits are available from Regional Fisheries Boards, license distributors, tackle shops, hotels and guest houses throughout the county.

Comments