Goldens Cove, Sneem, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sneem Hotel

The best hotel on the Ring of Kerry

by sheilak about Sneem Hotel

brand new hotel in Seem (opened in 4/2007) -on the Ring of Kerry-absolutley the most beautiful place!! Also reasonable- the biggest, plushest most comfortable beds I've ever slept in...the back of the hotel is a beautiful deck/balcony with table to sit & look at the water & the sunsets. The staff was super friendly & helpful. The food delicious...I can't wait to go back!! Tell them "the Texas group" sent you gprgeous views, LARGE rooms, LARGE beds, great staff

Best of both worlds

by TripAdvisor Member LisaO2

Stayed at Sneem Hotel for a week and had a great time - we stayed with our 3 kids in one of the apartments. Service, food, surroundings etc were all 1st class. Also it is only 3 minutes walk from the village where there are some great pubs and shops

Kerry's Best Kept Secret

by TripAdvisor Member DeclanH

I'm not someone that normally writes reviews of places I stay. I travel a lot and normally just stay in the big name hotels. However, when my partner and I were holidaying in Ireland, we took a chance on Sneem Hotel and we were so happy with our experience that I felt it deserved a write up. (nothing ever gets 10 out of 10 but Sneem Hotel was a close 9)

It was the quality of any 4+ star global name hotel but with the service and genuine friendliness of a smaller boutique (without invading your privacy either). Therefore, value for money wise, it tops the bill.

Rooms were spotless & very comfortable & the food was really good (which I often find is not the case in large hotels).

As for the location, it was a great base for exploring Kerry and the surrounding quaint/odd/bizarre little towns and villages that are what you'd expect rural Ireland to be. If you get a chance to get a pint of Guinneas in a local pub in nearby Sneem village, then jump at it. The local trad sessions are a must!

If you like a round of golf, there are a number of top class courses in the vacinity aswell and the hotel staff were very helpful and knowledgable about where to play.

Overall, I'd recommend Sneem Hotel for business or holiday with or without family. Its a large, professional but personable hotel and there is plenty of things to do in the area. Next time I'm back in Kerry (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'll be booking into Sneem Hotel.

Good job and thanks to the team of Sneem !

Staff are woinderful

by TripAdvisor Member Mictm

We are just back home in Australia from an around the world trip we statyed in many different hotels, apartments and B&B's and count our stay at Sneem Hotel as the best hotel we stayed in during the eight week trip. We were travelling around the Ring of Kerry and had intended to travel back to our accomodation in Kilkenny the same day but I hurt my back and as it was getting late we decided to find somewhere to stay for the night. We found the Sneem Hotel by accident (someone must have been watching over us) and when we saw how luxurious it was we thought it would be out of our price range and that the staff might look down their noses at us, how wrong we were! We were so surprised at how reasonable the rates were for the level of luxury and everyone of the staff from the front desk (particularly Patrick) to the restaurant and bar staff right up to the owner Louis Moriearty all made up feel so welcome and bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. When Louis found out the next morning that I had hurt my back he made many calls to find someone who could treat me, he even brought his personal mobile phone to me so I wouldn't have to get up! He also spent a great deal of time with my husband helping him find the best route back to Kilkenny. We only had one night in this hotel which was a pity as we would have loved to stay longer, but we will definately be staying here when we return to Ireland.

Absolute relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member gemmie53

I went to stay in Sneem hotel 4th-6th of April 08 with my boyfreind, my best friend and her boyfriend. We stayed in a two bedroomed apartment belonged to the hotel. I cant honestly fault the hotel or apartment in any way. We arrived late which was no problem at all. We had a second ground apartment,it was dark checking in so we did not see the view we had until the next morning and it was breath-taking. The hotel overlooks mountains and a lake, just beautiful. Our apartment was outstanding. Beautiful decor with creams and browns, flat screen telly, fully kitted out kitchen, washing machine, dryer, heating was fabulous. Down the corridor was a big bathroom with bath with shower overhead and two double rooms. Our room had a fine sized en suite. On the Saturday we went to the hotel bar for the Munster rugby match. The inside of the hotel is top class but the food was poor. This was the only downfall of the hotel. it is in walking distance of the town where we spent our Fri and Sat night. Sneem and this hotel are true gems and I will without doubt be visiting again.

Perfect Peaceful Setting

by TripAdvisor Member bettypink

This Hotel is just a perfect haven for relaxation and getting away from it all. Set in the heart of the Ring of Kerry, it is in an unspoilt village, where everyone feels a welcome. The hotel is in a wonderful setting with views both back and front. Our room was superior and our bed had a lovely crisp cotton covered duvet, lots of pillows, cushions and a lovely throw. Very modern, comfortable and cosy. We had french doors that opened to the spectacular view of the sea inlet. The overall Ambience and decor of the Hotel were first class, plus we had the added bonus of free internet access for residents. The setting for the restaurant, bar and decking area felt peaceful, calm and relaxing. Even breakfast was table service; we were served by local Kerry waiters, who were very oblliging, courteous and at all times ready and willing to help with our queries. To crown it all, as it was my husbands birthday, we were presented with a bottle of rose wine, compliments of the hotel, in celebration. All the staff, especially Erwan, were warm and welcoming. I will definitely be staying here again, and I will also be recommending it to my friends.
Hope you find this helpful
Maggie,,,

super relaxing - at a great price too!

by TripAdvisor Member jambo2jambo

Booked this last minute on their own website. Couldn't believe it was only 120 for B&B PLUS dinner (for TWO!). Superb room... with a view to die for. Hotel was very quiet (understandable considering the time of year!). Dinner was from the 'a la carte' menu, so the choice was great. Only had to pay for the bottle of wine. Rained most of the weekend, but didn't care as we were just there to relax. Only downside was that the sauna was turned off and the hot tub was not not working.
Will be back again before this offer runs out next March.

Hotel, Staff, Food, Price - SUPERB COMBINATION

by TripAdvisor Member Heywood100

Have stayed here twice with my wife and all I can say it is THE best balance between price and quality I know. Bar none.

1. Rooms are huge and if you get one with a sea view you will be amazed. Tranquil.

2. Food. Limited menu but if you like fish you are all set. The best fish I have ever eaten was a black sole in their restaurant. And I have been to Paddy G's, Shannahans, Cliffords, etc. The fish was killer.

3. Service is lovely and relaxed. Not stuffy or overly polished. Just right for the place.

Overall I am very happy and will be returning. Also, giving gifts to friends of stays at the hotel.

John Del.....

A real gem

by TripAdvisor Member Grognads

We stayed at this hotel over Valentine's weekend this year. The setting is tremendous and the hotel itself is extremely nice. The standard of service is excellent and the food quality of the best we have ever experienced in Ireland. The rooms are extremely comfortable and there are plenty of quiet spaces to relax at when trying to avoid the main crowds in the bar (there was a wedding in the hotel when we stayed). Check-in and out was extremely smooth. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and have already done so to a number of our friends. The hotel is a real gem, beautifully set and decorated. [My only criticism is the lack of leisure facilities. Apart from a tiny hottub, there is little else; it badly needs a pool and a spa.]

Angela is brilliant!

by TripAdvisor Member jillym

Myself and 2 girlfriends arrived in Sneem on Saturday afternoon. It had taken us almost 6 hours to get there ( after stopping for lunch) and we were not disappointed on our arrival. The hotel is so clean and new and the beds were so comfy. The pillows....OMG, its the best nights sleep I have had in a long time! We used the jacuzzi and sauna. Nothing was too much trouble, food was gorgeous and the local area is beautiful. As for the people....you couldnt meet friendlier and a special mention has to go to Angela who was on reception on our arrival. She is really excellent at her job and its so rare to find good quality staff these days, it was a really refreshing change! All in all I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel in a really beautiful area of Ireland.

Comments