Manor West Hotel Spa & Leisure

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

To the Manor Born

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2007

This brand new hotel is located on the outskirts of Tralee town in the grounds of the modern manor West shopping centre.

Manor West is well marked from the roundabout, but you have to drive into the shopping centre grunds to see the sign for the hotel. I saw a modern four storey building and guessed from the description I had read that this was the right place. There was plenty of carparking in the grounds of the hotel and there’s also an underground carpark.

Checkin was confused because my host hadn’t booked the room in my name, but the receptionist was friendly and helpful. As a result, the difficulty was swiftly overcome and I was in my room before I knew it. One thing to note is that although I was struggling with four bags and a laptop, there was no porter to help with luggage.

My room was a standard room which was spacious and comfortably furnished with a huge king size bed. The view out the window wasn’t anything to write about, but for an overnight it was fine. The bathroom had a bath with showerhead and plentiful fluffy white towels and toiletries.

I ordered room service and it was the most prompt service that I have ever had in any hotel. My delicious savoury omelette arrived in less than ten minutes complete with a very crisp side salad and yummy non-greasy fries.

One little negative was when we arrived back to the hotel shortly before 2am. The dors were locked and there was a sign directing us to a bell which we had difficulty locating. It took a while for a night porter to answer I thought it was perhaps a little unprofessional to leave guests out in the cold.....literally.

Directions: On the outskirts of Tralee in the grounds of the Manor West shopping centre.

Nearby Manor West Hotel Spa & Leisure

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services

Tralee Travel Forum

Need advice about Tralee, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Tralee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tralee hotel reviews