Osprey Hotel

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

A Great Find - Truly Enjoyable

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2008

A friend booked the Osprey for me and I must say I was absolutely delighted with her choice.

We arrived tired after a gruelling work day in Dublin and the welcome we received from the reception staff could not have been nicer. When they informed me that they had upgraded our room I was overjoyed.

The room was on the top floor, room 301, and was just gorgeous. When you think that this is a four star and not a five star hotel you get far more than you expect for your money. They room was spacious with a very interesting design making the best use of attic hipped roof space, a circular wall that secreted a wonderful snail shaped shower, and plenty of both sitting space and work space.

The bathroom was wonderful with a huge free standing tub, double sinks, and lots of little alcoves which held big fluffy towels, toiletries, and anything else you might think of to want in your bathroom.

The views from the windows of our room included the terrace below and fountains trickling into waterfalls which fell to tiered ponds below.

The restaurant and bar deserve seperate tips as it would not be possible to justify them in this single tip.

The spa is divine - one of the largest in Europe and with facilities that you will not find in most spas. These include a spacious snow room, salt steam room, salt foot baths, etc. The only place I have seen a spa that comes close to it in facilities is at the Abama in Tenerife. Unfortunately I didn't have time to indulge the facilities of th spa, so brief was this visit, but next time I will be sure to make time for it. However, the guided tour we got from one of the spa coaches was superb.

Unique Quality: This is a wonderful hotel in every way, but above all it is superior for the level of service one gets from a very indulgent staff.

I urge you to stay here - it's one place that is likely to exceed your expectations.

Nearby Osprey Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites

Naas Travel Forum

Need advice about Naas, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Naas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Naas Travel Guide