Butler Court

16 Patrick Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

Hostelworld.com

• doug48's Profile Photo

good value

the butler court is located on patrick street and is walking distance to all the attractions of kilkenny. the hotel has a row of rooms in an alley next to the butler house. the rooms are modern and clean. at 50E per night it was an excellent value.

Directions: county kilkenny, central kilkenny.

More about Butler Court

Wonderful weekend in Kilkenny

During our visit to Ireland we spent the weekend in Kilkenny and chose Butler Court from the recommendations in Tripadvisor and guidebooks. We weren't disappointed. John and Yvonne are wonderful hosts who made us feel at home; we enjoyed chatting with them and playing with Frisky the dog. The hotel is at the back of Kilkenny Castle and we could see the Castle from outside our room. Our room was newly redecorated with white walls, light wood furniture and floors, and a large white-tiled bathroom with very large shower. It was bright and spacious. We appreciated the continental breakfast in our room that included scones and fruit, and the small refrigerator came in handy. Yvonne and John gave us good recommendations for restaurants (we enjoyed the Marble City Bar and Cafe Sol) and things to do. We would definitely go back.

This is the jewel in Kilkenny

I stayed here with my parents in January for one night during a road trip and this was by the far the best place we stayed during our whole trip.

Butler Court is only 2 minute walk away from the stunning village of Kilkenny. The hosts were very welcoming and so helpful - we were so thankful for all their recommendations which were perfect.

The rooms were modern, tastefully decorated. The beds were sooooo comfortable, we loved them. The breakfast was continental in our rooms which was a great change to the greasy fryup - and was gratefully eaten and really tasty.

Kilkenny was a stunning place that we would love to return - and if we can, we definately will be staying at Butler Court - 100% Perfect!

very very disappointed with this 'motel '.

very ,very disappointed with what we got,considering the €120.00 we spent for 1 night in a premises that is more akin to a motel than any guesthouse/b&b we have ever stayed in. If i had come across tripadvisor first we more than likely would not have booked.very unsure about lots of reviews as cannot understand how anybody could be satisfied with the joke of a tray with cheap offerings. a bun for breakfast and then to eat having to eat in your own bedroom?call me particular but for the money we paid just unforgivable.

last review a bit harsh.....

by TripAdvisor Member barron313

we thought the last review was a little bit harsh .we stayed last year on our trip to kilkenny and had an enjoyable stay here.room was very good with giant bed and the showers were great.admittedly it is a bit motelish .we would say though that they are probably right about the breakfast.for money that is asked for perhaps a proper dinign room would be a good idea.would consider returning to if ever in the area again.

perfect in every way

Butler Court, Patrick St. Kilkenny is the perfect place to stay, the accommodation is absolutely 5 star,
beautiful courtyard, wonderful service, you get everything you need, location could not better and John and Yvonne are so helpful and their recommendations are spot on, I just hope the restaurants and places they recommend remember to direct guests to Butler Court too,

will definately go back and have told my friends about this wonderful place.

Hey we like it

by TripAdvisor Member yplr

We used Trip Advisor for this city and were very pleased with the Bulter reviews. Our first choice (from a travel book) was so extremely costly that we needed a second choice. We enjoyed our 1 night stay. The room we had was a large room with a king size bed (very different from other B&B). The breakfast was not as vast as other B&B but I was able to eat breakfast in the room. The hosts were very helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to eat. They also helped with parking the car. You can walk everywhere from this place. My husband and I would recommand this B&B.

Butlers Court

The Butlers Court is everything we wanted & much more. A spotless room, and great shower, as well as the most accomadating proprietors we came across in our stay in Ireland. Close to town center, park your car & leave it till you pull out of town. We'll be back- Mike Solon
Des Moines IA

'Can't say enough good things!

I have NEVER taken the time to write any kind of online review. But we had such an outstanding experience with Butler Court, I felt compelled to add to the many other positive reviews here.
Butler Court has the friendly hospitality of an Irish B & B combined with the privacy of a regular hotel.
The rooms are spanking clean, modern and comfortable; the bathrooms are also modern (ie:great water pressure, nice shower, etc).
Right outside your door is Kilkenny Castle, plus all the charm, shops, restarants, and sights of downtown Kilkenny.
I can't say enough good things about Yvonne. the proprieter One of our daughters happened to get the stomach flu when we were there. Yvonne was like a 2nd mother, bringing her 7-up and grapes and even offering to keep watch over her so we could see some sights.(Instead, my husband and I did a tag-team thing with our other daughter).
We actually prefer Butler Court's continental breakfast to the traditional Irish Breakfast. After a day or two, bacon, ham and eggs everyday is too much.
I wish there were more hotels like Butler Court in all destinations. Reasonably priced, comfortable and the best of all worlds!
Oh, almost forgot... we love their dog Frisky too!

Best Spot in Kilkenny

I recently stayed at Butler Court based on the reviews I read on this website. I was not disappointed. There were six in our party, two of whom were quite elderly. The accommodations were perfect for everyone.
Yvonne was fantastic, made great recommendations for pubs and music. The rooms were spotless, great showers and we loved having a refrigerator.
This is not a traditional B&B, the rooms open to a courtyard and the breakfast is continental, but we knew that when we booked.
The location is fantastic, we walked everywhere in Kilkenny, didn't need our car for the two days we were there.
I highly recommend Butler Court and hope to go back and stay there again!

Comments