Dublin Road, Kilkenny, County Kilkenny, Ireland

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• conorc's Profile Photo

A relaxing romantic getaway

Very pleasant and would recommend.However be warned that the hotel still needs a little time to iron out the details. Rates can be a little pricey. Check out www.needahotel.com for cheap rates.

Unique Quality: The absolutly amazing outdoor infinity pool - a big jacuzzi!

More about Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Kilkenny

Lyrath Estate Hotel - give yourself a treat!

by TripAdvisor Member apog

Stayed one night recently and was very, very impressed. Did not use the Spa facilities but did take a peep, looks very inviting. Maybe next time will allocate some time to avail of some pampering.

Have not seen such a fabulous bathroom / bedroom for a long time. their "standard" bedroom is really tops, NOTHING to complain about. Incredible number of pillows. Lovely, warm decor. Huge TV and keypad to browse internet.

Breakfast great with a chef on hand to cook eggs as required, everything else self-service.

dinner great, but would prefer a la carte menu to fixed 5 course menu, as felt obliged to have all the courses as we were paying for them!! NOT good for the waistline, but excellent quality, portion size very generous and one of the best fillet steaks, perfectly cooked and beautifully tender.

Will definitely be back.

Sully

Oh My God....................

by TripAdvisor Member Shelmish

When Steve told me he was taking me to Lyrath for my birthday I was delighted. I checked out their website (as you do) and was impressed BUT I had no idea the way in which I was to spend 2 nights....Absolute luxury.....Fantastic surroundings.....Awesome spa facility......The staff were so welcoming and friendly. The 2 restaurants (reflections and Yindee's ) were superb with a great choice on offer in their menu's.Visit this if you really want to spend some time in the lap of luxury.
The executive suite is a must. Although pricey remember.........You get what you pay for.

Very disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Dishy11

I stayed in the Lyrath for new years eve and it did not live up to expectations. Firstly they made a mess of the booking and we were only booked for one night. As a result of this we were given an executive room which was great but had to move from the room to a standrad room as they could not offer twin beds. Also there is no swimming pool and it was never made clear to us that there was a charge of €25 each an hour in the spa. We presumed this would be free as it is just a jacuzzi, steamroom, sauna and massage chairs. At the cost of staying and given it is 5 star and there is no pool the spa should be free. Internet in room didnt work and we were still charged €6.50 for it. On both nights the hotel was packed with weddings. This hotel is not value for money nor is it 5 star.

Definitely not five star

by TripAdvisor Member MARPADJOE

Stayed here for a weekend break with my husband in August.
I had seen the advertising on TV and magazines and was so looking forward to a wind down weekend. It really disappointed. We had pre-booked treatments in the spa. The treatments themselves were reasonably good but the overall facilities had lots of cracks appearing. Bathrobes were skimpy and fraying, mine had a torn pocket. The massage chairs were not very relaxing, very hard and there was no alternative seating in the relaxation area.

I think they have really got the whole thing wrong. Is it a 5* get away from it all country retreat or is it a large conference/wedding venue? It can't be both. The whole property seems to be overtaken by the conferencing side of the business. It is definitely not 5 star, it hasn't been officially rated yet and would be shocked it if received a 5star rating so I think they should stop billing it as such.

The food was expensive and not great. My husband ordered steak twice, the first time he ordered medium, it was cooked through, not a hint of pink. Next time her ordered rare just in case and guess what - still cooked through!! I mentioned it to our waiter and my hb got embarrassed and said it was fine so the waiter just said, you will keep it? It wasn't taken off our bill.

All in all we spent €1,000 for a weekend, madness and I would never go again.

Unbelievable

by TripAdvisor Member YouTube

How on Earth can they imagine it's a 5 stars hotel?? It's not stuffing the hotel with expensive furniture or making pay huge amount of money for the service/rooms/food that will make of it a nice hotel!
I've spent a week-end with my wife and since the beginning it wasn't promising any good.
1)Reception: They were the most unpleasant and rude receptionists I have ever seen, so impolite and reluctant to check you in that looked they were making me a favour! No wonder they are looking for the new staff!!
2)Rooms: Nice, spacious but for God sake I’m paying a 5 stars rate and in my room there’s something that barely reminds me a plasma TV!
3)Restaurant: Decided to have a try to restaurant, even though the feedbacks on this site were very disappointing, because exhausted from the long journey and not in the mood to walk 3 miles to reach the first restaurant in town. Nice interior if you’re a gothic-style fan otherwise too much “creepiness’” around. I had to repeat three time my order because the waitress, clearly from the eastern part of Europe, wasn’t able to understand what I was talking about and she couldn’t manage to serve a glass of water without spilling…
4)Food: 40 mins. late (with just 20 guests in the restaurant): the meat was too cooked (I asked a medium lamb and they serve me a very well done instead TWICE!), the fish my wife ordered was a simply “disgusting and foaming” fillet of salmon placed in the plate without any presentation, vegetables on the side were completely RAW and miserable at sight. Soup was bland and, cherry on the top, the most unflavoured/ugly presented/not tasty dessert ever tried.
5)Bar: We decided to sink the food with plenty of alcohol but a very rude (and not in shape…) waitress with a strong foreigner accent told us we had to wait at least 20 mins. before be seated; by the way the bar looked almost empty…
6)Surroundings: Nothing, but nothing but absolutely nothing to see or enjoy in 100 meters radius outside the reception hall.
I saw the “5 star” soap-opera on RTE1 these days and I couldn’t believe to my ears when the General Manager was blaming on the first national network his own staff to be not skilled/ not trained/ not able to speak English for what was going on….Clearly if things are falling apart in every single department it’s because there is “someone” that doesn’t know how manage a kitchen or a bar or a reception or a hotel……….
One suggestion to the ownership: get rid of all these people and start hiring PROFESSIONISTS (possibly with an excellent English and good manners….). It’s not recruiting people from Poland, Latvia and so on that they will able to deliver a real 5 stars service.

good birthday stay

by TripAdvisor Member ALAMB

what a great place,,, we stayed on a tuesday night so we got great value on room, when we arrived the reception was fine, we got taken to our room by the manager from thr telly, was nice touch, he told us all about the place, the room we had was good, was on the ground floor which was weird cause when u look out the window there was a big drop to the field,,, room service was quick, the bar staff were ok too, little bit confused looking though, not an irish worker in sight,, didnt eat there, but the breakfast was super, check out a bit slow, couple in front of us were very slow having all there bags put in there big bmw, man looked mad, woman looked like a hooker, but we got through it, pity the carpark is so far from door, but nice lookin place

Read all the hype, but seeing is believing!

by TripAdvisor Member USAchick

October holiday weekend in Kilkenny, Ireland. We experienced a superb dinner at "Rinucinnis Italian Restaurant" down town Kilkenny and learned about this new Hotel, which is apparently featured in a reality TV show. My Husband and I thought it would be fun to see it if nothing else!

This is special I thought as we drove up a magnificant driveway approaching a beautiful old house. We had a great snoop around the main public areas and then a lady from reception kindly offered to show us the bedrooms, cellar bar and conference facilities. I am still talking about this wonderful place and will definitely be back upon our next trip from Texas.

We decided to have some food in the conservatory as it was so inviting and comfortable, this did not dissappoint us and in fact we got so relaxed we decided to check in a stay the night.......................what a treat.

The place has just got to be seen and is my first choice for Thanksgiving given the choice.....perhaps next year. I think that in time it will age spectacularly well and considering that it is not long in operation, it will only improve in every way.........we think that it is destined to become one of the highlights for anyone travelling to Ireland.....and we certainly will be back, its a real bonus for a fabulous City.......Kilkenny.

Great Weekend Break

by TripAdvisor Member MaryAA

Myself and my husband stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Nov. We had a fabulous room, really comfy bed, loads of pillows and cushions, beautiful decor, huge bath, huge plasma tv.

Nice touches to the stay included the valet parking, (all the reviewers who have complained of the carpark being too far away, its not that far at all and if you thought it was why not take advantage of the valet parking?) the newspaper hanging on your door each morn, water and chocs delivered to your room each evening, music section on tv, H2O products in bathroom, bill left to your room for quick check out on morn your leaving.

We didnt eat in the hotel as we had other plans, however the breakfast and lunch was great, with great service. The upstairs bar does great cocktails and a good pint of guinness, however there was no Merlot available there which seemed a bit strange and no offer was made to get some. Also it was very cold there on the second night, I sat with my coat on as did a number of other people, we said it to the barman but he didnt seem to care.

We had treatments which were lovely, the staff in the spa are very nice and the spa area is beautiful. However the relaxation rooms are not relaxing, they are cold, there was one small heater in there but that did nothing, there was a water feature plugged in but the sound of the motor was so loud there was no way even if the room was warm you could relax. After such good treatments the 'relaxation' room took some of the good from it. Also the massage chairs are v uncomfortable, they felt like they were the cheapest ones available? maybe not, but they felt like sharp springs cutting into your back and legs!

On the whole this is a great hotel and a pleasure to stay in, on the whole it felt like 5 star but there are disappointing elements.

just good

by TripAdvisor Member ally2

this hotel was jost ok, definitley not 5 star!!
good breakfast, comfy spacious room, staff just a little bit off the pace, they need a few lessons in professionalism, though you couldn't fault their friendliness!
& the car park is too far from the hotel!!

Comments