Kilkenny Hotels

Our Members Say

• Flying.Scotsman profile photo Flying.Scotsman
  • Reviews: 258

The Haven Self-catering cottage: Unusual location - excellent accommodation

This self catering cottage is an excellent place to stay in Kilkenny. The cottage is a purpose built one bedroom house built in the back garden of the owners. There is garden space behind the cottage shared with the owners and parking space in the lane between the cottage and the owners' house. They supply breakfast fixings on arrival. The accommodation is comfortable well equipped. It is a short walk to the town centre. Rose and Billy Lanigan, the owners/proprietors, are more than happy to help you with any local information.

• Written February 27, 2014

• TheAndos profile photo TheAndos
  • Reviews: 120

Bregagh House: Friendly, quiet and central

Bregagh B&B is a short walk from the centre of Kilkenny and has off street parking. Room was well furnished though not big. New en suite. TV was not working whilst we were there - a bus had knocked out a connection. Good breakfast. The owner, Roseanne, responded promptly to my emails and gave us a friendly welcome.

• Written June 29, 2011

• TxDevil profile photo TxDevil
  • Reviews: 26

Laragh House B&B: Beds and Brekkie

Find our b&b, Laragh House - actually it kind of snuck up on us and I had to make a u-turn. Pulled in and parked and we were welcomed with open arms. Helen showed us to our room - which was HUGE compared to regular Irish standards. Even had a jacuzzi tub. Free WiFi.

Just outside of the city centre. It would probably be a 15 minute walk into town - but we opted for an E8 taxi ride. Great breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 18, 2007

• WhispersWest profile photo WhispersWest
  • Reviews: 71

Darcy's Guesthouse: In The Thick

You can't miss this bright yellow Guesthouse located in the "Thick" of Kilkenny City. There are 11 rooms and all are ensuite. George was an absolute delight and a very handy source of where to go for music, although the night we were there, it seemed that the entire city was underseige by Pop music enthusiasts, as all we could find was Bee Gees, Bob Dylan and Barry Manilow. Perhaps we should have stayed later?

Despite being in City Centre, our room was quiet and extremely comfortable. The mattresses weren't overly firm, which is a plus for me. The rooms were nicely decorated. The breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious.

I would defintely recommend this place to someone, with a caveat that there are plenty of stairs to climb.

Secure Car Park for Guests Only

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Women's Travel
  • Written January 24, 2007

Darcy's - In the Thick of Kilkenny City

• BruinKristin profile photo BruinKristin
  • Reviews: 22

BUdget B&B: Metropole

Great Location, nice people and management, served food until late (compared to the rest of Kilkenny) and decent rooms. What more can you ask for considering the price?!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 10, 2005

Metropole B&B in Kilkenny

• LauraWest profile photo LauraWest
  • Reviews: 180

The Meadows: Quiet B & B, Very Near Town

This a great place to stay for a comfortable, relaxing time & excellent breakfast. Most rooms have a private bath. Mine was the single room with a nice vanity in it & my own shower & w.c. was just down the hall. All very nice & clean & modern. My room was decorated in blue and white. I loved the natural pine floors & wood trim and the big window over my bed. Plenty of closet storage and a clock radio. I would love to go back someday!

The breakfast room overlooks the private yard in the back of the modern house. Impressively tall hedges & if it was warmer, I would have walked out there. Frankly, the architecture of the newer houses in Kilkinney was boring...so boring that I didn't take a photo, even though I knew I'd want one later to do this tip!

Kathleen & Paddy Ryan gave me a choice of breakfasts. Of course you can chose the traditional Irish breakfast. I enjoyed the wild Irish salmon egg dish, very attractively served. It was so delicious that I chose it for my second day, too. I only stayed two nights.
You get a fruit cocktail, your choice of breads and jams, including little scones, too. Coffee or tea, etc.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Women's Travel
  • Written August 31, 2005

• mariaschmidt profile photo mariaschmidt
  • Reviews: 90

A wonderful B&B with beautiful rooms: Berkeley House

Nice clean rooms very estetic and a good location - full irish breakfast - we enjoyed it very much - it was in 2001 I hope it did not change since ....

• Written January 30, 2005

kilkeni street

• sue_stone profile photo sue_stone
  • Reviews: 2318

CNOC MHUIRE B&B: Kilkenny B&B Gem

We stayed for one night in Kilkenny, at CNOC MHUIRE B&B and had a really good stay.

It is located about a 10 minute walk from the centre of Kilkenny, close to Kilkenny Castle and other attractions.

We were greeted very warmly by the owners, Helen & Don. We were given the fancy room that had recently been built - spacious with a large bathroom.

Don gave us a map of Kilkenny with all the sights highlighted, along with numerous restaurant/bar recommendations. They even had copies of restaurant menu's in the room for our perusal!

We slept soundly and had an excellent breakfast with more than we could dream of eating.

We were made to feel so welcome and the place was clean and tasteful.

When we left the next morning, Helen gave us print outs and directions to our next destination, via the attractions on the way.

A real Gem!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written July 11, 2004

CNOC MHUIRE

• barryg23 profile photo barryg23
  • Reviews: 2896

Miscellaneous: Budget Travel

There are a couple of hostels in the city - one is on Parliament Street almost oppsite the Pumphouse, and there is another close to the station. I've never had to stay in either but they look reasonable.

• Written January 8, 2003

• barryg23 profile photo barryg23
  • Reviews: 2896

Fairview: My Home!

Nil aon tintean mar do thintean fein! I only make it home about twice a year (next trip coming soo - yaaay!) but being away so long makes returning hoem all the nicer.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 25, 2002

Hi Mum!

• orlikins profile photo orlikins
  • Reviews: 1189

O'Malleys Guesthouse: City Centre Guesthouse

€40/night - i suspect some inflation here on account of the festival....

It's got an excellent location, you're only a few mins walk away from the main streets and attractions like Kilkenny Castle.
Full Irish breakfast, en suite, tea/coffee/TV/phone/hairdryer in every room

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 13, 2002

• Globies profile photo Globies
  • Reviews: 52
Sea Shore Farm Guesthouse in...

Sea Shore Farm Guesthouse in Kenmare

Spacious rooms with bathroom, very nice and clean.
All overlooking Kenmare Bay.
Good breakfast.
price EUR38 pppn (this was february)
Very friendly family!!

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 7, 2002

• sexylady profile photo sexylady
  • Reviews: 56

I also stayed in this...

I also stayed in this absolutely beautiful house.
There were 10 of us staying there and I think it cost us £25 for 2 nights.Brilliant value considering a B&B is about the same for one night.

The house had everything in it,3 of the 4 bedrooms were ensuite,full equiped kitchen,very clean.And the owner was lovely.
Just inside the front door there was a table with leaflets about everything to do here,from activities to restaurants.
The most beautiful view of the mountains of Killarney.I would definitly recommend this house.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 25, 2002

• sexylady profile photo sexylady
  • Reviews: 56

I stayed in this B&B right in...

I stayed in this B&B right in the heart of Killarney town.Our rooms were beautiful,bathroom ensuite and an full irish breakfast in the morning.

This B&B is very central,within walking distance of all the towns attractions.The staff were very nice,there is a bar also attached to this B&B where there is traditional music and fun.

• Written August 25, 2002