Mount Juliet Hotel Kilkenny

Mount Juliet Estate
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Mount Juliet Hotel Kilkenny

Really disappointing, completely overrated.

by TripAdvisor Member CarlowTigerlilly

This place was a complete maze, we arrived on a very stormy december night and the hotel was really well signposted until we entered the grounds and then we hadnt a clue where we were supposed to go. we were staying in the newer part of hotel but had to go to the old house to check in, no reception, just a room to side (like doctors reception) with no signposts anywhere, my hubbie was typical man, wouldnt ask for directions and by time we actually got to room we were barely talking. Any way we traveled with a party of 8 people, all four couples arrived at different times each couple managed to get lost so it wasnt just us. When we checked out we were charged extra for breakfast even though our booking stated clearly that it was included. My credit card was also charged with charity donation without my permission (what charity does this go to???). We got bar food which was lovely but 4 hours later we were still in bar and plates had not been cleared from table, and then they had nerve to charge us a service charge. What service I hear you scream!!!! Take my advice and spend your money elsewhere.

Magical stay at Mt. Juliet

by TripAdvisor Member vrybo7

Located two hours from Dublin, this 1500-acre estate property is breathtakingly beautiful. The staff is warm and friendly, and the main house is elegant. There are numerous activities available, including clay shooting, archery, tennis, golf and indoor swimming. But the best part is the setting - gardens, stone walls, streams, etc. They provide bikes (free of charge) for roaming the property. The food is excellent as well. Wish we could have stayed longer, but rushed back to Dublin to stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel, which was a big disappointment. Can't wait to return to Mt. Juliet.

Probably The Best Hotel In Ireland

by TripAdvisor Member LouLou53

I have just spent a weekend at Mount Juliet and can't wait to return. We were attending a wedding at the hotel. We stayed in a ground floor room in the main house. The bed was huge, large fluffy pillows, none of the usual woolly blankets. The room and large bathroom were spotlessly clean. The minibar was very well stocked (probably too well stocked)!!
The breakfast experience was superb. The choice of fresh juices changes daily, the pastries tasted as if they had just come out of the oven. The cooked breakfast was the best I have ever tasted.
Even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet and at times we felt as if we were the only residents.
Each member of staff we met was extremely helpful and courteous. I would have no hesitation in recommending this property, but try and stay in the main house.
I have stayed in a number of five star hotels in Ireland and I think this is my favourite.

Relaxing evening

by TripAdvisor Member Magic3232

My boyfriend and I just returned from our Ireland trip where we spent our first night at the Mount Juliet Conrad. We wanted to stay there to overcome the jetlag and see the countryside.
We arrived around 3:00 and our room wasn't ready yet so we were sent to the bar for afternoon tea that we were told was complimentary, however, there was a new server and he wasn't aware...we paid...no big deal.

One of the staff members came and brought us our key when our room was ready and we drove up to the Golf house where our room was. The room was small but nice and there was a great view.

We had dinner in the Saddle Room and the meal and service were great. After dinner we walked around the grounds to the stud farm and along the golf course. Everything was very well kept.

Heated mirrors in the bathroom were the best part... no fogging up during showers. My boyfriend took the first shower and it worked for him and then broke so I had to take a bath. We called before we left for dinner and upon return to our room it had been fixed.

The night was very peaceful and quiet. We toured the grounds a bit more the next morning and then headed off to Dublin. This hotel is perfect for golfers, older couples, or people just looking to relax. There's also an equestrian center, tennis courts, and other recreational activities that we didn't use.

not a five star experience

by TripAdvisor Member ireland1234

Disappointing room in hunter yard. Needs some housekeeping and maintenence attention.

Restaurant excellent and beautiful golf course

Poor customer relations in getting back to customers

Comments