County Laois, Killenard, Ireland, 00000, IE
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about The Heritage At Killenard

Great hotel experience....

by TripAdvisor Member petertmal

We stayed at the Heritage last weekend and it was fantastic. The golf course is well worth playing and it was in great condition. The hotel and clubhouse are definitely 5 star, although I will say that the staff in the bar at the clubhouse are not as attentive as the staff in the hotel. The hotel rooms are really well appointed and the bathroom is quite luxurious. Overall I would recommend this hotel for a weekend break, particularly if you are into golf.

The best hotel I've ever stayed in!

by TripAdvisor Member Fitzy2

I got married at this hotel - it was amazing. They took care of absolutely everything, nothing was too small or too big. The hotel itself is idyllic, the staff are so friendly and not the pretentious type you usually get at the big 5 stars! David, the Ents manager, in particular made our entire day perfect!
We stayed in the penthouse suite, and it was HUGE! I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I've stayed at lots of 5 stars and this was head and shoulders above them all, in so many aspects!
You must stay here if you get a chance, absolute relaxation!

Even Better The Second Time Around!

by TripAdvisor Member Lucan

We have just returned from our second trip to this magnificent hotel.

This time we stayed in a Junior Suite and we were not disappointed as you will see from the photos, it was very luxurious and comfortable.

The Spa is out of this world. Quite expensive but fabulous.

We dined in Greens restaurant and had an amazing breakfast in the Arlington Room. Greens can be very quiet but the food was so good we had to return. The Arlington Room is very smart and always very busy. Dinner in Greens is very reasonable with a 3 course meal costing us 62 euro.

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in, if you want pure relaxation, (whether it be the beautiful spa or a round of golf) top class found and great service without being OTT this is the place for you.

Beautiful Hotel - we will definitely return

by TripAdvisor Member J.Austen

We spent a weekend in the Heritage in the later half of August '07 and we were really impressed by the whole experience. The hotel is magnificent from the marble staircase in the foyer to the beauty of the surrounding green areas. The service we experienced throughout our stay was also of an excellent standard.

We stayed in a superior room on the fourth floor between two suites, we had a very large balcony and fabulous view of the golf course. The bedroom & bathroom were very large and decorated in the a beautiful style.

We availed of the Spa and Golf course while staying in the hotel and found both facilities to be fabulous.

We will definitely return for another visit to the Heritage very soon.

Can't wait to return!

by TripAdvisor Member yes-i-would

I stayed at here last weekend with my boyfriend for 2 nights. We were upgraded to a junior suite when we arrived. WOW! Absolutely fantastic! The rooms are just out of this world, tastefully decorated, HUGE comfortable beds, plasma TV etc.. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful in every way. We ate in Sol Oriens, Italian restaurant, great atmosphere and great food and also Greens restaurant also fabulous. I can’t say enough about this hotel, you have to see for your self. You will NOT be disappointed.. We have already booked to return the 2nd week in December and can’t wait.

Fantastic Hotel. 4 Star Plus

by TripAdvisor Member TripAddictIreland

Fantastic Hotel. Booked one night Dinner Bed and Breakfast for our first wedding anniversary. Receptionist was lovely but unfortunately, we were kept waiting over two hours for our room. (They do not guarantee check in until 3 pm). Room was fabulous - really nice - as nice as the Ritz Carlton we stayed in on honeymoon. Probably nicer in fact! Golf Club Bar gorgeous. Amazing views and genuinely friendly and helpful staff. Hotel Bar lovely - had really nice leisurely lunch beside the fire. Lovely food and atmosphere. Spa was amazing. Reception staff at spa need some serious work on their attitude. Guide staff in Spa were lovely. Dinner was very nice. Breakfast was a real let down the following morning as when we arrived (in good time) they were clearing away the buffet as "there was a large lunch party booked into the restaurant". We ordered two omlettes which were awful. They were very overdone. We did note our two grievances ( check in delay & breakfast) on the review card and received a letter from the manager with an apology which was a nice response. We will definitely go back in future. Killenard very quite village but perfect for us two who like to just go somewhere to relax.

Tried to book but got no reply

by TripAdvisor Member CrossmaglenDiddler

I contacted this hotel via mail on their website after trying to call them 3 times without reply. It took 4 days to reply to my mail and then they still didn't answer my questions despite them having my reference number. I called agan 3 days after my initial email. I was told that reservations were on a break and would return my call in 5 minutes. I received a call 14 hours later!!! I have decided not to book and have booked elsewhere.

Amazing little break

by TripAdvisor Member mairsile76

My boyfriend and I had the most fabulous weekend break at The Heritage. The Apartment we stayed in was so fantastic, luxury at its best.
We ate in the resort resturaunts both nights, the first night in the Italian and this was fabulous, but the second night we ate in the Arlington rooms and this was easily the nicest meal we have eaten in a very long time, this is a major compliment as we eat out alot and we enjoy our food.
On the Saturday I went to the spa for a few hours and my boyfriend took a golf lesson in the on-site golf school. Both of us really enjoyed ourselves and the staff in all areas of the resort were so genuinely nice and helpful, it wasn't a problem to do anything. We will definately be going back again and would recommend it to anyone.

Sile, Kildare.

Fantastic service all round

by TripAdvisor Member ernecliffe

We are just back from a one night stay at the Heritage. We were only there for 24 hours but had a brilliant time. We have stayed in several 5* Irish hotels recently and this one outshines them all. Everything was in pristine condition. The service was the best, very helpful concierge & reception staff. Nothing was a problem. The room was a standard double but big. Great bathroom. We ate at the Italian Sol Oriens, again excellent service & great food, quite a limited menu but that was fine. There is also a pub next door to it which we didn't get a chance to visit. A member of staff drives you over to Sol Oriens and picks you up. We also had lunch the next day in the main hotel bar. Very good to see good food at reasonable prices in a hotel for once. Breakfast was also great with a few special treats that can be ordered from the kitchen. We also used the spa facilities. Excellent. The Spa Experience is well worth doing, again great staff and fabulous facilities. I couldn't get a treatment as they were booked out but in the end were able to squeeze me in. Gorgeous relaxation room for apres treatment! Overall it's the atmosphere and service which make the Heritage so good, staff are largely local and all very lovely & welcoming. There are few places I would return to twice but this is definitely one of them. Can't wait to go again!

Nice Hotel (pity about the 'offers')

by TripAdvisor Member outtheknow

We found this hotel to be nice with reasonably spacious bedrooms, a hot towel rail in the bathroom (always a bonus for drying swimming gear) and pleasant staff.

Food and beverage pricing was mixed. For example I paid €14.50 for a club sandwich in the hotel bar when we arrived. I understand it's a 5-star rated hotel but even thats a bit pricey for a sandwich and a few crisps! Sol Oriens restaurant was a nice restaurant with very pleasant staff, however food was a bit below par for our liking. (more about the pricing below!)

Access to the SPA building was dissapointing. You can go directly out the front of the hotel to the building but as it was freezing and we were in our robes, it was not an option. The alternative is a 'tunnel' via the basement which was an equally cold and uninviting route.

Pool was nice if a little on the small side, but most of their SPA building does appear to be reserved for treatment rooms. My wife had a massage which she found to be excellent.

The one thing I really dislike about hotel breakfasts is the self service bread toasting facility. There is usually always a queue which means the hot breakfast starts to get cold while you wait for your toast. In this case though, my breakfast didnt get cold, as there was no bread left to toast when I got up to the machine! Not a 5-star experience! (ok, I know it's only toast, but still)

We arrived at the hotel having booked a package that cost us an extra €80 (compared to B&B price obtained on both the web and by phone) for an included meal. (no drinks). This deal would have included the Arlington restaurant in the hotel, but as we booked this only a week previously, the restaurant was full.

We were offered the Sol Oriens instead, which is a short walk away from the hotel.
However we were unable to spend €80 on our food there and even though we tried by ordering an extra course, we could only manage a €60 spend. To my mind this was a misleading offer. Benefit would have been gained if we had eaten in the Arlington restaurant as the price there was €65 per person but as we didnt have a choice we felt this was a bad deal. So effectively we paid €80 for a €60 meal.

I did mention this on the comment card and presumed I'd hear no more about it, but a week later a letter arrived from the General Manager who explained to us that the package we were offered included a meal in the Arlington and not the Sol Oriens.

I contacted him by e-mail to acknowledge receipt of the letter and to thank him.
The reply I got from him though outlined how this was a very competitive deal, effectively backtracking on what he had said in his letter.

Whilst I was very impressed with him initially following up on the comment card, his inability to see how we were 'overcharged' by €20 amazed me.

Despite this, our stay in the hotel was a pleasant one.

Comments