Beech Grove

More about Adare

Travel Tips for Adare

Adare

by globetrott

Adare is well worth a visit, even if some of these straw-thatched houses look a bit unreal and certainly THIS NEVER was the REAL IRELAND...
. But its a lovely place still, and its nice to have a walk through town

Desmond Castle

by kathycollins

Desmond Castle is undergoing restoration. When my niece and I went to sneak in to the construction site to see the castle, a foreman came along. After talking for a while he graciuosly invited us in. We had a unique opportunity to learn ALL about castle restoration from an expert. While I doubt many people could duplicate our experience it was too fantastic not to pass on, so my travelogue here has some ofthe pics I took of Desmond Castle, Adare.

Adare - a lot more pics to come

by globetrott

There will be a lot more infos and pics about Adare here soon...
. So I simply load the same pic again for the moment, as I think my pic of Adare looks much better than the pale Taij-Mahal in the VT-version ;-))

Adare

by mvtouring

Whilst reading up on what we could do for the following day and investigating what roads to take, I came across a pamplet regarding Adare being the most beautiful town in Ireland and how the thatch roof homes were saved during the potato famine.
Historically, Adare was a crossing point on the river Maigue. Adare is designated as a Heritage Town by the Irish government and it is located 16 km from Limerick City.

A great deal if you don't get the car!

by fredolin65

We just reurned from staying six days at Adare Manor Villas for $599 including car - a very good deal UNTIL you factor in $89 each for an upgrade for an automatic with a GPS AND 360 Euros for insurance from Dooley's Car Rental. That works out $140 PER DAY for the car.
Do not do the upgrade. The GPS is not worth it - signage in Ireland is very good (and in English). The free meal was forgettable.
Go to the next kiosk at the airport (or online) and arrange for your own 4 passenger rental car with automatic for around 40 euros per day (quote from Thrifty).

Comments