Main Street, Adare, County Limerick, Ireland

More about Dunraven Arms Hotel

return visit

by TripAdvisor Member flowerwicklow

I revisited the Dunraven Arms 4 years after I had hosted my
daughter's wedding there, slightly apprensive that I would
not find the special qualities that the hotel offered then, but
I was in no way disappointed with the unique charm that the
Dunraven Arms offers, from the welcoming staff, the traditional
decor,the inventive menus and I know I wont wait another
4 years till I visit again.

In need of refurbishment

by TripAdvisor Member sdempsey

I stayed in the Dunraven Arms for four weeks in July 2006 as it was recommended by a customer I was working with in the area. We got a corporate rate of €100/night B&B.

During my four weeks, I stayed in four different rooms. Each room had niggling irritations. None of these were worth complaining about to hotel staff, however I was surprised to encounter them when staying with a member of the small luxury hotels of the world club. (SLH)

Examples include remote controls with buttons broken, no bedside table, faulty showerheads etc. In addition, some areas of the hotel were in dire need of refurbishment. e.g. Paint spillages on floorboards and mould on skylights were issues I encountered more than once. Also, lack of air conditioning is something I would not expect from somewhere advertised as a luxury hotel.

On a positive note, the hotel restaurant and the hotel owned restaurant across the street (the Inn Between) served fantastic food and contrary to previous posts, the staff (mostly from the Czech Republic) were very friendly and helpful. However the menus weren't changed regularly and one colleague who was vegetarian sickened of the one menu choice offered rather quickly.

In summary, if you need to be in Adare itself, the Dunraven Arms would be a convenient place to stay, however I imagine much better value accommodation could easily be found in the Limerick region.

A Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member northwest1

Like other reports my wife and I were looking forward to our visit. The Hotel in our opinion does not match up to it's reputation, although we could not really complain about anything in particular the whole hotel is not in keeping with it's image. It is neither a 17th century quaint Inn nor a modern Hotel it falls as a mixture and is done in quite poor taste, with plastic windows, white gloss painted panels, very tired carpets and furniture. The pool and Gym whilst clean are again very dated and not up to four star standard.

The thatched bistro across the road, owned or run by the Hotel however was excellent.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member gersheehan

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful midweek break in this truly splendid hotel. The accomodation itself was fantastic. Both the Hotel restaurant and the bistro accross the road (also owned by the hotel) were fantastic. The staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. Will book our next trip ther shortly!

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member drsunny

This place is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed and the nicest place I've stayed in Ireland.
The hotel, which looks like a country house from the outside is set in a beautiful area in Adare. We were staying there for a wedding, we booked early and almost as a stroke of great fortune got to stay in a fabulously large and luxurious room. This room was huge, had a huge bathroom- two large sinks, large deep bath- a mix of old and new styling. The bed I have to say could not have been more comfy. It was a pain to leave it to go for the carvery breakfast which too was excellent. Oh yes, the wedding service was fantastic too. Great place if you love beef.
Very highly recommended.

Ireland near Shannon CoastIreland near Shannon Coast

An open vein of red ochre on Cnoc RhuaAn open vein of red ochre on Cnoc Rhua

University of LimerickUniversity of Limerick

Aislinn and LiamAislinn and Liam

Leather shops in limerick

by individuality

Where are there leather shops in limerick. I need to buy a leather skirt.

by leics

There are a few leather goods shops, but I suspect you are very unlikely to find a leather skirt in any of them.

In Ireland and the UK such shops tend to sell bags and household articles rather than focus on clothing. Leather clothing is more usually sold in clothing shops.

by individuality

thank you for your answer. I aware that clothing shops sold leather, but there are specific leather shops, and i have been told there is one in limerick that sells coats, trousers, and skirts.

by leics

I have not been able to find such a shop so far, I'm afraid.

by smurfet24

hi i know this is long after this post was put up originally but the name of the place u would be looking for is 'the edge' it is located in the milk market limerick close to smyths bar and angel lane. there is also a shop at thetop of william street across from ger storans shoes that i believe sell leather skirts but unsure of the name.

Comments