Knockanes, , Adare .

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel

No no no ! Faulty Towers

by TripAdvisor Member weebrian

Food : Average but plentiful, not exactly set upon recreating the Irish culinary equivalent of a masterclass of quality or presentation– solid traditional fare.
Bar: barman was sneezing on hands then directly serving pints & customers.

Room:
Good overall size and aspect. No hot water at 7pm on a Wednesday– barely luke water. LOTS of surface Mould in 2 corners of bathroom ceiling ( see pics) , not pleasant especially if you wanted to use the Jacuzzi bath.. if you had water that was warm enough to sit in! Dripping hot tap in sink.. as I said no hot water.. doh.

Significant amount of Talc on floor of bathroom from previous guest make you question how well the room had been cleaned.

Great bed with upper mattress clean linen but sticky main room carpet needed a good clean.

Call to reception offered opportunity to change rooms call took 15 mins to get response which I had to chase – did they care about me? Will I stay here again ? Nah!

loved the woodlands

by TripAdvisor Member nlombard

i have just returned from a three day stay at this hotel after reading some reviews i had some worries but i was delighted
the hotel was very clean staff were most helpful very relaxing dining was lovely many bowls of fresh fruit all over the hotel leisure centre very nice staff so helpful good relationship between the staff details remembered each day plenty of seating in the foyer for taking a break
loved the jacussi bath

Nice Break in Adare

by TripAdvisor Member Jim100_7

As a repeat visitor to the Woodlands Hotel, I can say that the hotel is still as good as it was last year. Previously I stayed there for 3 weeks whilst on business and so had the chance to really see at first hand the workings of the hotel. Staff were always attentive and approachable. Food was fine if a bit pricey (Adare itself is a 'tourist trap' so all the restaurants have above average prices) I would recommend Pat Collins's Pub for lunchtime or the Heritage Centre for a light meal - this closes at 5.00pm though). Hotel Leisure Centre is fine and Kids Club assistants interacted well with our children. New bar area is a welcome addition. Weddings pratically every weekend during summer but did not bother us ( yes, good for people watching, so my wife says)

New day spa being built at the rear of the hotel and owners hope to move the hotel to 4 star status - so expect prices to increase then. For now, I will continue use the hotel again when staying in the area.

OK hotel poor service

by TripAdvisor Member LimerickJay

The hotel was fine more to the low end of 3 star. We were at a wedding and booked in for the night. First thing in the morning construction work started on the beauty salon in the next room. We could not get back to sleep because of the constant banging and I was waitng for a worker to put a hole in our wall. We were not informed of any work going on when we booked or checked in and when we complained at check out time we were told that there was nothing that could be done to compensate us. The mangeress then went on to lie to us first saying that the work was going on in the salon and then telling us that they didn't know where the work would be carried out that day! She also told us that noone else complained and we found out that night that one of the other memebers of wedding party complained too! If we had been told when we checked in that there was work going on we wouldn't have had a problem but not to be told and then lied to is not on. I won't be staying there again

Fantastic Value - Cosy Comfortable and Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member DianeCDublin_Ireland

I stayed at the Woodlands for a wedding in December and it was wonderful. We were there three nights and I thought it was great value for money. When I first arrived I wasn't sure about it as parts of the hotel are a bit dated (although there's a great new bar and spa) and the carpet on the way to the bedrooms was shabby. Also the bedrooms are a little dated in terms of decor. But the staff were warm, efficient and hospitable, the service and attention to detail was great, the beds were wonderfully comfortable, the room was huge, and the whole place was spotless.
Our whole family were so well taken care of and the catering for all the wedding festivities was excellent. The food was simple but it was all home cooked, fresh and fantastic value (I speak though as someone who lives in Dublin and is well used to high prices for very ordinary food).
Adare is a tourist trap and I would imagine many hotels in a similar location could get lazy and greedy as they know they will always fill the rooms. But the Woodlands really made an effort to ensure the comfort of all their guests and it was this more than anything else that really made a difference.
I would highly recommend it and was dumbfounded by the one criticism I have read about the hotel as it goes against everything I experienced.

ADAREADARE

VILLAGE ADAREVILLAGE ADARE

ADAREADARE

AdareAdare

Activities for Daddy and 2 wee ones whilst Mom works?

by jillalex77

I'll be working while my husband and our 5 and 4 year olds will be free to roam--for four days. What can they do? There's a pool at the hotel, so that's a couple of hours a day. There's a park, so if the weather's nice, a little time spent there. Is there anything else in walking distance, or a short drive away? (My husband is GPS-challenged and a tentative driver with two kids on the other side of the road....) Thanks for any ideas!

Re: Activities for Daddy and 2 wee ones whilst Mom works?

by annemariebyrne

An ideal place to entertain the kids is Bunratty Folk Park - among other things there is an old schoolhouse and small animals at some of the farmyards which they might like. Nearby is Bunratty Castle which also might interest them, perhaps from a fairytale rather than historic perspective!
Bunratty is about 24 miles from Adare, not sure about public transport - it would probably involve a bus in to Limerick and another out to Bunratty. Good route planner on www.aaireland.com if you think your husband would risk the drive. Anne Marie

Re: Activities for Daddy and 2 wee ones whilst Mom works?

by jillalex77

Thanks, Annemarie! I like this idea. Thanks for the trip planner info, too.

Comments