Castle Moor B&B

Rivers Castletroy, Castletroy, Limerick, Ireland
Castle Moor B&B
Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Limerick

BUSINESS AS USUAL!BUSINESS AS USUAL!

The coastal area just north of LimerickThe coastal area just north of Limerick

Interior - looking from behind the alter backInterior - looking from behind the alter back

Lough GurLough Gur

Bus day tour companies from Limerick

by curtis0916

Would anyone be able to provide me with the names of some bus tour companies that provide day tours to the Cliffs of Moher and to Cork? I will be in Limerick next weekend and would like to take these tours while I am there.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

by leics

by frankthetank79

Hiya,

If i was you I'd try and head to galway its a far nicer city then limerick (limerick has a reputation of being rough but more importantly there is more to see in Galway) Galway is a prefect size and can be walked easily and the pub life ther e is excellent with a couple of bars doing traditional music each night.

you could then take a day tour with Lally tours www.lallytours.com towards the cliffs or even better try and head out to the Aran Islands!

Cork is a good two hour drive from limerick by car so on a bus you could add another 30mins which in my opinion is a bit far if you only have two days! unless you have some special connection with the place!

Anyway what every you decide to do i hope you enjoy the craic and have a good trip!

All the best

by leics

Which is why I gave you detailed info about Galway in my reply to your first post, rather than Limerick.

Best stay in Galway, I think.

by curtis0916

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I was reconsidering staying in Limerick because I thought it was more central if I was able to take day trips to the Cliffs and to Cork. I would like to see both, but that may not be possible.

Thanks again!!!!

Travel Tips for Limerick

i am currently studying in the...

by kelta

i am currently studying in the University of Limerick so if you have any questions at all about Limerick please ask!!

University of Limerick

Also if you are a foreign student hoping to come on Erasmus to UL check out our International Society . RAG WEEK IS ALWAYS THE BEST......... we always have some laugh.

I'm in Germany now so I'll miss it but I hear that it could be cancelled this year because of Foot & Mouth disease.

Below is a pic of a typical rag week scene!!!!!

Just lunacy.

The Good Ole Sing Song

by SarahEire

In Limerick as in many town in Ireland people love to sing especially after a few drinks.

There is well know Limerick song that I have grown up listening to: Limerick, you're a Lady

Limerick, Your'e a Lady

Limerick, Your'e a Lady,
Your Shannon Water, tears of joy that flow,
The beauty, that surronds you,
I'll take it with me love where 'ere I go,
While waking in the arms of distant waters
A new day finds me far away from home,
Then Limerick, you're my lady,
The one true love that I have ever known.

As children you and I spent endless days of fun,
In winter's snow or summer's golden sun,
We fished in silver streams, the fabric of my dreams,
Was fashioned by your loveliness and so I have to say

Chorus

A gift that time has made to travellers on their way,
Seeking out the beauty of our land
A shrine where children pray and bells ring out to say
Thank God ,we're living just to feel the freedom of each day.

Gaelic Grounds

by irishjon25

GAA sports are played in the stadium. Limerick County Gaelic Football and Hurling teams home stadium.

The stadium has recently been refurbished increasing the capacity to 50,000.

I would highly recommend that you try to attend a game of Hurling if you are lucky enough to get tickets.

Hurling is one of the fastest games in the world. If i am not mistaken only ice hockey is faster.

Cratloe Woods at Dusk

by SarahEire

Cratloe Woods is located between Limerick City and Shannon.

From the top of the hill in Cratloe you can see the whole of Limerick City. This is beautiful, especially as the street lights start to light throughout the city.

Craggaunowen

by irishjon25

Overview:
Craggaunowen 'The Living Past' tells the story of the arrival of the Celts in Ireland and the many changes they wrought upon daily life. Their impact is evidenced in the creation of new tribal lake dwellings, farming and hunting methods which are explained by the costumed animators.

Description:
At Craggaunowen we are attempting to recreate aspects of Ireland's past with the restoration and re-constructions of earlier forms of dwelling houses, farmsteads, hunting sites and other features of everyday life during the Pre-historic and Early Christian eras.

John Hunt bought the land at Craggaunowen; following his excavation of Lough Gur. He then set about the restoration of the castle and began the construction of a modern museum display, including the reconstructed ‘crannog’ and ‘ring fort’. He eventually donated the site to the Irish people.

The Ring Fort
Ring forts, of which there are about 40,000 examples throughout Ireland, were the standard type of farmstead during the early Christian Period (5th -12th centuries AD). Within the circular earthen bank or stone walls, the inhabitants carried out their every-day farmyard activities: they cooked over open fires or in pits; corn was ground for making bread or porridge on hand -powered querns; pottery was made and wooden bowls, goblets and platters were turned on pole lathes.

The contemporaries of the people living in Ring forts produced the magnificent artefacts of the Golden Age - the Ardagh Chalice, the Tara Brooch, the Book of Kells, the Derrynaflan Hoard and many other masterpieces.

Opening Times:
April - October - 10:00 - 18:00 | May - August - 09:00 - 18:00
Last Admission - 1 hour prior to closing. *Opening Times are subject to change.

Location:
Craggaunowen is located near the village of Quin, Co. Clare. The route is clearly sign posted at several junctions on the main N18 Limerick-Galway route, off the R462 from Cratloe, and the R469 from Ennis.

Distance in kilometers from: