Ennis Road, Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland

Expedia.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

A So-So Hotel for the price - Demolished in '06

More expensive than Jury's Inn, I had expected a nicer place. Give me the Inn any day - better views of the river, more central location, with about the same sized room.

Once you get past the fairly nice lobby the place has a motel like feel.

I'm told that it was torn down in 2006 to make way for a new hotel - no big loss.

Directions: Jurys Hotel is located just across the Ennis Bridge from downtown Limerick.

More about Limerick Strand Hotel

Nice, but watch the 'special' offers

by TripAdvisor Member newgrange

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. It is a very nice hotel with a lovely restaurant and the room I was given was H U G E and well-equipped with internet access, flat screen TV and many other items.

Unfortunately, I had booked through the website and booked what was described as a 'value' package including dinner along with bed and breakfast.

I got to the hotel restaurant to find that it would have been considerable cheaper to just book bed and breakfast and pay for dinner myself. The 'value' package was considerably more expensive than getting dinner myself would have been. I pointed this out at check-out but while the woman agreed it was a bit of a swizz, no refund was forthcoming. On the basis of that, I wouldn't stay in a Hilton hotel again. I don't like hotels conning people and the 'value' package is nothing short of a con-job.

Pleasant and comfortable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Foxie

We arrived very early morning into Shannon airport and were concerned that we might have to wait until the 3pm check-in but to our relief we were able to access the room early.

We had room 210, with side views over the river and St John's castle in the distance. (I think the even numbers are the ones with the views on each floor. It was a very pleasant room; king-sized bed, bathroom with roomy shower and full bath and furnished in daring but attrractive mixtures of lime green, purples, oranges and blues.

I agree with a previous report, that there aren't any instructions at all in the room, for the aircon/heating and it isn't obvious how to work it - including turning it off!!

There is a mini bar, hairdryer, flat screen TV, Crabtree & Evelyn bath products (including hair conditioner).

The location's great, just over the bridge from the town centre and there's a small general store just over the road for soft drinks and nibbles (saves the mini bar), which is one of those that log and automatically charge anything, even if you just pick it up and put it back! As I found out!

Great breakfast, and good choices with low cholesterol, low fat, low salt options available etc. Dinner is also served in the same room - slightly transformed in the evening and to me, that didn't make it a special place to eat so we ate out in the evening.

Altogether - good value for money, typical hotel food, i.e. safe, good standard and service but nothing to get excited about .

I loved the lift - I'm scared of enclosed spaces and this was the first time in many years that I was able to use the lift instead of the staircase - it's glass and suited me!!!

At the end of the day, it's a pleasant hotel and a good base for a stay in Limerick, clean, comfortable, businessy, as you'd expect.

Great hotel, great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Mary1967

Stayed here on a weekend break to meet up with friends. We were given an upgrade due to a mistake on the hotels part when booking on the Hilton website. We had a Junior suite which really was fantastic. King size bed, large sitting area with nice leather settees and huge wraparound enclosed balcony with comfortable seating and a fantastic view accross the Shannon toward the city centre. The bathroom had two large wash basins and a separate walk in shower, toileteries were 'crabtree and evelyne'. We also had access to an executive lounge offering free drinks and snacks. The public areas, leisure centre, bar etc were really nicely done out with nice friendly staff. The only slight dissapointment was the dinner which was included as part of the deal, it really was just average. I would go back here as a first choice when in Limerick but would eat in one of the many other restaurants the city has to offer.

Very good choice

by TripAdvisor Member Dubskin

I stayed at the new Limerick Hilton for one night on business. Booked on the Hilton website my Executive room was coming in at the very completive rate of €139 including breakfast. This also entitles you access to the executive lounge. The lounge is a smallish L shaped room with a bar, TV and newspapers. While the rest of the hotel looks certainly stylish on the inside, especially the bar, this has not been translated into lounge. The look and feel is more staff canteen then luxury. The tables are the worst offender, plastic wood imitation tops, yuk. Alcoholic drinks are available during the 6-9 pm window; soft drinks are feely available 24 hours. The staff however were very pleasant.

Back to the room: The room was not necessarily better or bigger than normal hotel rooms. It was bright, stylish and very functional with a great work area and easy internet access (once a network cable was brought to my room). The WiFi was weak on that floor. Though charging €20 for 24h net access is daylight robbery. The bathroom was very big with seperate shower and bath.

In the morning a complimentary copy of the Irish Times was delivered to my room and I used the proper breakfast, not the Executive lounge one. It was a bit unfortunate that I was greeted by a staff member who obviously did not get a good night’s sleep as her demeanour and attitude was most unpleasant: “What’s your room number”, with out as much as a “please” or “good morning” was not a good start of the day.

The breakfast in itself was ok though the choice when it came to the hot breakfast was surprisingly limited, other Hilton hotels excel at breakfast, this one did not.

Overall a very well located hotel with nice rooms and reasonably priced. They may want to revisit the executive lounge and make it a more pleasant place to stay and give the staff a quick pep talk on cheeriness.

Compared to the other hotels in Limerick, especially the dreadful Clarion, this is the one to choose.

Comments