Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre Limerick

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre Limerick

Nice Tourist base Hotel..

by TripAdvisor Member skybluerob

A very nice hotel at a very resonable rate.

My wife and I stayed for two nights B&B and paid aprox 150ukl. The room was very nice with all the usual facilities. Spotless clean, nice small balcony with a view of the gardens. Breakfast was superb as much as you can eat...from the continetal style breakfast, to the full belly-busting Irish breakfast! We didnt use the pool/lesuire facilities..but what we saw of it....it looked very nice

The staff could not do enough for you. Everyone of them was polite, helpfull and very friendly!

The hotel is located on a small commercial site..next to a few shops and pharmacy. It was a 20min walk into Limerick city or a 5 min cab ride (aprox 6euro). We flew into Shannon airport and took the local bus which took aprox 30mins..cost of 9euro return. Good value!

A great hotel all in all....I would recommend it and I would stay there again.

Fantastic service

by TripAdvisor Member Flinky

I stayed here twice in a month, and at every stage on both visits, from booking to check out, the staff were very friendly and very helpful.

Excellent customer service, good value rooms, good facilities, and a well-stocked gym!

Highly recommended.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member leeboyIreland

Booked to stay here through the hotel website and got what i expected. Good Room, Friendly Staff, Good Food, Great Pool and Gym. Was Impressed by the underground car park and Broadband in rooms and wifi in lobby....what more could you want!
Overall a great hotel will definately stay again.
Dont understand the previous negative review.

Good place to stay overall

by TripAdvisor Member SJB_and_LCB

We stayed here for one night in late May 2007. The hotel appears fairly new, was quite clean and comfortable. The rooms, facilities and service met our expectations for a hotel of this rating and price.

Location is not the greatest characteristic of this hotel, as it is somewhat outside of the city centre, and while we do not mind a walk, we did find this to be abit far (esp. with the inevitable rain). There are quite a few services in the immediate area (such as a grocery store, wine shop, food places, etc) which was quite convenient.

In general, if you stay here, try to get a room away from the elevators / stairwells / doorways, as it got abit noisy. Both days we were there saw “events” being held in the hotel, including what appeared to be a children’s party on the first day, with a lot of noise and uncontrolled running about, which was abit much after a while.

On our second night in Limerick we moved to the Patrick Punchs Hotel (see separate review), not because of any major issues at the Quality Hotel, but because of a fantastic rate we got there for that (a Sunday) night.

In general the Quality Hotel Limerick is a pretty good place and good value overall, and we would consider staying there again if in Limerick.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member mbentonfl

The staff goes out of their way to make you happy. Location was great for us because we were touring the small country towns by car. However, if you want to explore Limerick you will have to drive or take a cab.
The decor was very modern and comfortable. The had all of the amenities that you would need including blow dryer. Breakfast was very good and the staff was more than accomadating. The food in the bar was not the greatest though.
The only negative that I had was that dirty plates and glasses are left in the hallway during the afternoon and night. There may not be a housekeeping person on duty at those times.

Great for Familys

by TripAdvisor Member ramcloughlin

Found the staff very friendly and efficient. never had to wait for more than five minutes for any request. Hotels facilities and food are excellent and prices are very keen. Prices are in the three star budget range yet found the service, food and attention four star and more. Would recommend the suites - rooms are spacious and extra living room provides great space and security for a family. Very convenient to Limerick University sports facilities. Will be returning

my husband and i stayed at this quality hotel for 2 nights in may..

by TripAdvisor Member upcie123

my husband and is tayed at this quality hotel for 2 nights in may. our hotel room was very modern clean and comfrotable and we very much enjoyed our stay here.

we have stayed in quite a few hotels and we found the staff here to be very friendly and would give them a big thumbs up - 10 out of 10 for caring for there guests.

all in all we were very pleased with our stay and hope to return soon.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member lozana36

The Quality Hotel in Limerick certainly is lovely. The only drawback was the area immediately across the street housed some squatting gypsies. It was quite sad. Other than that the hote amenities were lovely. The staff was very agreeable. Expedia had booked my famiy and I a smoking room but they were kind enough to give us a non-smoking suite which made our stay much easier. They were very helpful in trying to locate places for us to go considering we were vacationing during the Easter holiday. I would recommend this hotel for people who want a relaxing time away or for business travel.

A bit far out of the centre

by TripAdvisor Member kilbride

Eventually found the hotel and to say it is 1 km from the centre is not true it was quite some distance and the surrounding area is not a place you would want to be walking at night. Taxis cost around 10 euro to take you into town. Rooms were clean and modern and the pool was very nice although you have to buy a swim hat at a cost of 2 euros. We didn't have breakfast but had lunch in bar which was very nice although some of the seating (cream coloured) was stained and made the place seem dirty. Although the rooms were clean the corridors lacked the same attention. A yogurt had been spilt and it took over 20 hrs before anyone thought about cleaning it up. There is a subway cafe and off licence next to the hotel and supermarket and takeaway across the road. One nice touch is that the room had a small balcony so if you get the sun you can drag one of the chairs out and enjoy. There is also a creche linked to the leisure club which some people might take advantage of and If you have a car there is secure parking under the hotel.

Only a couple of hours stay, But What A Nightmare !!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member williams667

My wife and I along with our two kids aged 8 and 4 arrived late Friday evening to a beautiful hotel in the dark. As it was late when we arrived we decided to have dinner in our room, irang the restuarant and was told it would be delivered in apx 40 min, a bit long i taught for simple roast of the day, a chicken salad and two kids meals, but how ever.
When our meals arrived theywere cold and half the order was missing. It was eventually replaced with hot food and the rest of our order. Next morning we had breakfast delivered and again it was cold and the order short again, i left it go.
I went for a shower and in the middle of the shower the water ran out (Stopped) and there was i left all shampoo and shower gel.
I then went to my car and found the car beside mine was broke into along with two others. I then met the owner of the car and he asked me if i heard the gun shots last night. as you can imagine we checked out immediatly

a view towards the Sarsfield bridgea view towards the Sarsfield bridge

King John's CastleKing John's Castle

Trinity RoomsTrinity Rooms

Owner on the right.Owner on the right.

SKATEBOARDING AND SKATE PARKS IN LIMERICK

by WrenUSA

I will be visiting the Limerick area in early June. I will be traveling with my 15 year old son and his friend; they both are avid skateboarders. I would appreciate any advise relating to skate parks in the area, places where skaters gather, rules relating to skating there ( where you can and can not skate ) and any laws relating to street skating in Limerick. I want this to be an awesome trip for them without the hassle of having to search for a place for them to skate and without worrying about breaking laws...(there are so many here in the USA that restrict skateboarding....wonder if it is a problem in Ireland too )..Also the location of skate shops in the area..I really would appreciate any information or advise.... Thank you...Renee

by hawkhead

I have just Googled "skateboard parks limterick" and skateboarding limterick" and come up with loads of sites.

by orlikins

I'm sure you could do in the grounds of the University of Limerick. Also, Arthurs Quay park is another alternative, but I think the Uni would be better.

by orlikins

Have no idea about shops - you'll have to Google for that one.

Re: SKATEBOARDING AND SKATE PARKS IN LIMERICK

by himartinitslinda

There's a long-running campaign to get a skate-park here, kowever I don't think it has been constructed as yet. The university of Limerick authorities isn't too hot on skateboarders, but that is more during term time so the summer might not be so bad.

Comments