Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• no air conditioning

When we arrived a hotel employee ripping an elderly gentleman about the lack of air conditioning. He told the gentleman that it was in hotel brochures that there was no air. It was 80 degrees when we are there. It was absolutely miserable. The staff was rude. We had confirmation for king room but were given queen. No offer to make right or put us in king room.
    We will NEVER recommend this hotel!!! I did not find anything in the information on his hotel that said there was no air conditioning.

Unique Quality: We stayed a week in Ireland and cannot say enough about how nice the other hotels were but I cannot think of anything good to say about the radisson blue.

Directions: Not near anything. Ha e to get cab to go anywhere. No shuttle.

• Great fun stay

Great stay at a great hotel. We wanted somewhere a bit special - 25 years together and we treated ourselves. Did not want a city hotel(too noisy) but wanted to be close enough to go there during the day and go do Touristy things also - check out Bunratty Castle and the Cliffs of Moher for a truly Irish experience.
    The hotel was modern, clean and staff were very helpful. Food was great but the real gem was the Spa where we had a His and hers treatment at the same time.
    If I do one thing - it will be to return to this hotel and our 50th.

Unique Quality: Spa was amazing. Modern hotel, great grounds.

Directions: Only 10 minutes from Shannon Airport and about the same in a taxi to Limerick City

• Annie_D's Profile Photo

Great Hotel on the Limerick/Clare Border

I arrived pretty early for my nights stay in the hotel and the staff accommodated me straight away, which was great. The room was huge and airy. It took me a while to figure out how to turn on the electricity though. For lunch, I was left waiting 30 minutes, which was annoying but the staff were very apologetic and gave me a complimentary dessert.. they have great profiteroles!! The hotel was tastefully decorated throughout and that was great... it was rather homely. Even a helicopter landed there... thought it was someone important but it wasn't and I had the camera at the ready, was crazy!!

Unique Quality: Great staff!! I loved being called Madame throughout my stay!!

Directions: Take the bridge out of Limerick onto the Ennis road.. the hotel is sign posted

More about Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick

Awesome !!!

by TripAdvisor Member Rhoramsay1

The Radisson SAS Hotel in Limerick, Ireland is such a great hotel. At check in you are met by Great welcoming Smiles. Vivian, Sinead, Berlyn, and Geraldine invite you to experience all the hotel has to offer : Free wireless internet access point, Good breakfast and a wonderful property. Even tho the hotel is geared mostly for business travelers they welcome vacationing guest and have a lot to suggest (take their suggestions)for you to do. I was directed where and what to do, they provide great help in getting acclimated to the Irish driving expirence and grat conversation when i was not out and about. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with all the necessiary amenities, if you don;t find it in the room just call the desk and you'll have it.

I could not have stayed at a better hotel. Thank you Radisson SAs Limerick. You will definately get my business again. You surely show how hospitable ireland and what it has to offer. Keep up the good work Guyz.

Very Convenient to Shannon Airport

by TripAdvisor Member Brian_NVA

Front desk reception fell short of the other three places where we stayed in Ireland this trip. Definitely got a big chain feeling from the front desk manager - a bit on the cool side. Asked for a nonsmoking room, and got a smoking room - had to carry all the luggage back to the lobby and ask (again) for a NS room. At 5:30 in the evening, the halls were full of dirty laundry bags waiting for housekeeping to finish. Had to wait while staff pushed the two doubles together to make a king-sized bed. Room was OK -a bit worn and dated from age or heavy usage or both.

Hotel appears to be final stopping point for many tour groups leaving Ireland via Shannon AP. Be prepared to cope with periods of heavy bar usage - a substantial number of the seats and tables in the bar were reserved for a group of about 25 which came in about 15 or 20 minutes after us. Got the feeling that the big tour groups are more important to the hotel than the individual customer (perhaps understandably). Dinner in the bar (food from the restaurant) was mediocre and quite expensive for what we got. Same impressions at breakfast - high volume operation. Lots of choices on breakfast buffet, but really mediocre food.

The Radisson was not my favorite place in Ireland, but it is very convenient to Shannon AP for easy access to departing flights the next morning, so, for that reason, it served its purpose for us. Probably not many alternatives.

Raddison Hotel Limerick Is a Great Place to Start Your Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member RAP12

This time I ended my trip to Ireland at the Raddison, next time I would begin my trip by staying there. To borrow a complementary Irish term, the hotel was very "homely." I chose the Raddison to be close to the airport since we had to return our rental car before 8:30 AM. With Irish roads being what they are, we didn't want to take any chances on getting to the airport on time. After spending 10 days in Ireland at well established historic bed and breakfasts, I was worred that my last impression would be of a lousy chain hotel.
I could not have been more wrong. We loved everything about the hotel--the decor was well done, the beds were the most comfortable, the sheets were so soft, the bathroom spotless, the shower fantastic. The staff was very helpful and efficient.
For business travelers there is wifi, good lighting and a good desk to work at. The breakfast buffet was not as gourmet as some places where we stayed but still very good with made to order eggs and omlets and all kinds of breads and hot foods.
For under e100 I don't think you could do better.

Not too excited

by TripAdvisor Member ec336

First of all, the map on the hotel website showing the location is a bit off. The hotel is located on the RIGHT side of N18 going to Shannon, and on the LEFT side of N18 coming from Limerick, so be warned. Also, the hotel is in County Clare, not Limerick, so don't be alarmed if you cross the county line. So, coming from Limerick, get ready to make a U-turn after pssing the Two Mile Inn.

After having difficulty finding a parking spot, we were told at check-in that there will be a reception going on, therefore the restaurant is closed, and the bar is busy. The receptionist was quite cold in her demeanor. We were given a room furthest away from anywhere. The room was small, but modern and clean. However, some of the cheaap-looking wood veneer was peeling off in places, and was taped up with regular tape. The bathroom was nice. Since there is only one main entrance to the hotel from the parking lot, getting in and out in the evening was a nightmare, since we had to literally elbow through the crowded reception full of people.

Another quirk of the hotel was that the whole 'Leisure Centre' (i.e., pool, fitness room, massages, etc) closes at 8 p.m., and to get there from within the hotel, you have to walk through the reception/bar area, and through a long corridor of conference rooms. How inconvenient!

Overall, the hotel was okay, but definitely not having the Irish touch, as we've expreienced in three other hotels (two of which were chain hotels, too). Too expensive for the chic it tries to exude.

not-so-4 star!

by TripAdvisor Member Katyusha

This hotel looks decidedly average. The decor is extremely bland, with supermarket-quality "art" selections dotted throughout the property.

The room was extremely spacious, which was very nice. However, the double bed was made up of 2 single beds, with 2 single-bed duvets!!! Very odd.

The bath was very small, and the bathroom was more like 2.5 star; lots of soap scum on the tiles, grotty grouting, slightly unclean around the toilet/floor area, childish fruit-flavoured toiletries, no bathrobe/slippers.
There were no flowers/chocolates/bottles of water, and the minibar was completely empty. The room became extremely hot during the night.

The corridors smelled of both damp and cooked food.

The foyer was the only alternative to the bar for having a quiet cup of coffee/drink. The bar was far too pub like, with sports playing loudly on vast tv screens in every nook & cranny.

The staff were a bit unorganised & not exactly as available as I would like.

The night we stayed there was a large christmas function taking place. The merry revellers seemed to mostly go to bed at about 6 am, with no encouragement or direction from staff to make their way quickly/quietly to bed, so lots of loud chatting & laughing kept us awake for some time.

On a very good plus point, the breakfast buffet was exceptionally good, my only quibble being that tea/coffee were only available from the very busy wait staff, so our not-so-great coffee arrived after we had finished eating.

For a 4 star hotel I would expect a much better cared for property, far better decor, more consideration to guests regarding noise/music and a proper double bed!

Okay, but a little far from anything

by TripAdvisor Member marymcq

We stayed here as it was part of a bus tour of Ireland. We came in a night early before the tour to be rested and it was perfect for that. I was worried as it was far from the Bunratty Folk Park but the bus tour actually took us there so it was no problem. I would not stay here again on my own but it was fine as part of the tour.

OK But Some Drawbacks

by TripAdvisor Member CORK2007

Stayed in this hotel on the last weekend in January 06. First impressions were good as the reception is spacious and nicely decorated.Enjoyed my weekend there but I thought the hotel did not deserve a 4 star rating. Reasons why
1) No jacuzzi in the Leisure Centre and the Leisure Centre was cold
2) Bathrooms finished to a poor standard
3) Meal choice limited and charge extra for everything..struck as penny pinching compared to other hotels

Overall the hotel is fine to stay in for a few days but lack of a quality touches let the hotel down. If I was going to Limerick again I would look to stay in a different 4 star hotel

Comments