Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Carlingford

NataliaNatalia

NataliaNatalia

Down by the dock...Down by the dock...

View of Mourne Mountains opposite the loughView of Mourne Mountains opposite the lough

Travel Tips for Carlingford

Visiting the Cooley's

by DEBBBEDB

After lunch we went to the Cooley Peninsula since some of our ancestors were named Cooley. We saw the Cooley Mountains, the Cooley Lodge, and the Cooley Lounge. Took pictures of all except the Cooley Lounge (must have been the sign about girls dancing...). We stopped in a nice town, Carlingsford which had a King John Castle ruins (lots of towns have castles named after King John) and a cool playground.

Quiet Carlingford

by oneonta_ni

"A Birthday Treat"

My sister's visit in 2004 happened to coincide with my 40th birthday. I decided to plan a nice little break for us in a place I had wanted to visit for quite some time now. My original plan was to go horseriding on the day of my birthday (my favourite tradition - next to eating cake!) but as my sister decided she would not look like a supermodel wearing my spare pair of jodhpurs and my husband hates horses, I had to postpone that little excursion.

At any rate, we had a really lovely time - all the lovlier for the very pleasant weather and delicious food at my birthday dinner in Ghan House. Made turning 40 a bit more fun.

(this page is under construction - photos to come in the near future!)

Comments