I stayed at the Carrickdale when I was working across the border in Northern Ireland. You get a lot more for your money on this side and the Carrickdale is an excellent business hotel. It is a very large building and grounds, with a huge leisure complex across the main motorway. Don’t worry – they have their one internal tunnel between the 2 parts of the complex. I was greeted warmly and shown to a very large and functional room. My bed was reasonable, my TV worked and I had room to stuff my own liquids into the mini-bar. The bathroom was modern, had good toiletries, a bath and a very good shower. In terms of sleeping, I had absolute silence at night. The hotel is away from the busy motorway, but do ask for a room on the back.
The restaurant was excellent. The portions were very large and they had many filling dishes. I normally try and go out of dinner, but the meals and menu were good enough to stay in the hotel. Even their wines were good.
The staff at reception, the bar and the restaurant were always helpful and accommodating. The staff in the leisure complex even offered the services of personal trainers and spa treatments.
Essentially the Carrickdale is a well-run hotel that is very convenient for Newry and the ,motorway between Dublin and Belfast. You are also just a few miles from the scenic medieval village of Carlingford. For a business person or a family, you will get a great service and a restful stay here. Well done Carrickdale!
• 105 Rooms (double, twin, family and 3 suites)
• Spa, Laser Clinic & Beauty Treatments
• Leisure facilities including an indoor pool and gym
• Carrick Restaurant with 2 & 3 course Table d’hôtel and A Là Carte Menu, good wine list
• Dales Lounge with draft ales and a good bar menu
• Carvery Lunch every day
• Tea & coffee making facilities
• Free Wi-Fi
• Iron and ironing board
• Free use of the leisure facilities
• Mini bar
• 17.5 metre indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, and outdoor hot tub
• Serenity Spa - Germain de Capuccini treatments
• 9 Hole mini golf, fully equipped Technogym, exercise studio, classes, swimming lessons
Take exit 20 off the M1 motorway and follow the signs
Carrickamon , Ravensdale, Dundalk
Green Park, Inner Relief Road, Dundalk
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Carrickamon , Ravensdale, Dundalk, Ireland