Lisloughrey Lodge

The Quay, Cong, Ireland

More about Lisloughrey Lodge

A hidden gem in the west

by TripAdvisor Member NWhel

Myself and my partner stayed there for one night and my how we wished we had made time for a longer stay, but that will happen pretty soon.
I'll keep it short and sweet. Great rooms, fab views, brilliant helpfull staff, great food in both the bar and the restaurant, especially take time to dine in the restaurant. Wonderful fresh food, brilliantly presented, great service without being made feel intimidated.
Can't wait to go back, well done

fab food

by TripAdvisor Member Derm9

Dinner and breakfast are fabulous.
Staff friendly.
Funky decor.
Lovely rooms and beds.
Landscaping will take time to develop.
No pool or major indoor leisure facilities.
Very convenient to Ashford Castle.
Not quite on the lake. Ditto the views.
Good massage and facial.

Amazing lodge

by TripAdvisor Member anaGalway

We celebrated our wedding anniversary in Lisloughrey and we soooo made the right choice. Complimentary upgrade from a deluxe room to a duplex suite. It was so tastefully decorated, everything so luxe and brand new. Fabulous meal overlooking the lake, so romantic. We had one problem with a lawnmower going quite early in the morning. We complained and were refunded the price of my massage. Class.
Definitely going back one fine day.

Just fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member BennyIreland

This was booked by my husband for a romantic long weekend away for my birthday. What a place. So romantic. The decor in the main building is dark red and black, which may not be to everyones taste, but I loved it. It was so cosy sitting in front of the fire in the bar with the wind howling outside (It is the west of Ireland!) We stayed 3 nights. The bedrooms are built around a lovely courtyard so there is no noise in the middle of the night with people going to and coming from bedrooms.
Our room was amazing, (called Rioja- all the rooms are named after wines or champagnes) it was over 2 floors, the lounge area had 20 ft ceilings, plasma TV and modern gas fire, mini bar, beautifully decorated, no expense spared. The carpets were so soft! Upstairs, the room was a great size, with a massive bed, the most comfortable I have slept in without a doubt, another plasma T.V, beautiful modern bathroom with heated towel rail, double shower, L'Occitane bathroom products, bathrobes and slippers, turndown service..I could go on! Breakfast served at no extra cost in the bedroom if wished, bang on time. Service exceptional. We ate in the restaurant the first night which was lovely, and in the bar the second night. Beautiful menus in both restaurant and bar. I had a facial one of the mornings- they use a new range of products called Comfort Zone, was gorgoeus. Already planning to go back we loved this place so much. We paid a visit to Westport also, but this weekend was more about kicking back and relaxing and getting back to nature! Not cheap but highly recommended.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member lisloughrey

Was amazed by this place.huge room with flat screen tv and beautifully decorated. Amazing public areas and fantastic food-dinner and breakfast-equivalent of a 5 star-can walk to ashford castle from the hotel-very well staffed who look after their guests very well. If I was to be really picky only thing I would change would be to put a bigger mirror over the dresser so you can look in the mirror whilst drying your hair seated-and the bed was a little too soft for my personal taste- but this wouldnt put me off in any way-will definitely be back to this wonderful oasis-perfect for a romantic break

Beautiful view along with Beautiful suite!

by TripAdvisor Member LimerickRiverman

This is one of the best Hotel Lodges we've been to in Ireland. A beautiful lake view from our Master suite. Very clean Hotel in and out. What really made the stay more enjoyable was its Hotel crew from room service to restaurant Manager. Superb quality minded men and women performing there jobs very well such as Lenard and Zoltan to list just a few. Would we both come back to enjoy another stay at Lisloughrey Lodge? YES! In a heartbeat!!
Rich&Carmel

Overpriced golf club look-alike

by TripAdvisor Member SimoneN

I'd been looking forward to a luxury break away over the New Year but am sorry that I ended up at this hotel. The entrance has broken gates and potholes, and driving up to the hotel I thought that it was a golf club on the grounds, not the hotel itself as it looks nothing like the website photos.

The public rooms are painted deep red, so there is a bordello feel, which is characterless, like the bars and restaurant. A smell of food permeates every public area as the kitchen is close to the reception, and it's not even a nice food smell, brussel sprouts and gravy were the whiffs that I got over the three days I was there.

The suites are actually just a larger bedroom, decor nice and neutral, bed really comfortable. Staying in the room was nice, although I was missing toothmugs, menus etc., and the plug on the bath was open.

Ordering room service on the first night, I asked for soup, vegetables and potatoes. I was brought a different soup to the one requested and a 'baby bowl' of veg and potato mashed together with the comment from the waiter 'the kitchen got confused, I know it's not what you want, but will it do'...I was hungry so I accepted it but had words the following morning with the manager about the seriously couldn't be bothered attitude of staff in accommodation which was costing 350 euro per night.

Booked in for some spa treatments, don't bother, therapist talked non stop about herself and didn't put much effort into the treatments - pedicure was basically foot washing and the offer of a coat of nail polish. Great !

The manager sent an apologetic bottle of champagne to my room, but we left feeling that although the bedroom was nice, the rest of the hotel was so overpriced and disappointing that we wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless the prices halved.

Consistently Special

by TripAdvisor Member MMLee

Just back from New Year at Lisloughrey Lodge. Once again the two nights were truly memorable. The staff are top class, friendly and extremely professional. They're a big part of what sets this place apart. The rooms are the ultimate in comfort luxury and relaxation. The setting is truly beautiful. I love the decor and I even love the driveway! Looking forward to our next visit already.

Fantastic Boutique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Pia1

We stayed at Lisloughrey Lodge for our Wedding Anniversary, it was a surprise from my Husband, and what a wonderful surprise it was. Awaiting us in our beautiful Quay Suite was a bottle of Bollinger and fresh strawberries!
The room itself was fantastic... lots of extra little touches. Lovely underfloor heating and L'Occitane products in the Bathroom.
We had dinner in Salt restaurant..... what can I say - it was perfect, delicious food and excellent wine, superb service.
The decor of the entire hotel is amazing. I cannot praise it enough.
I would highly reccommend this for a short break. We will definitely be going back!

Great food, excellant service, wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member spudnik

My wife and I just recently spent a wonderful three days in Lisloughrey Lodge celebrating our anniversary.

The service, food and accomodation were all first class and we'll definitely be back.

The staff in the hotel seemed to be genuinely interested in how our stay was going and were full of helpful adivice.

The food in the restaurant was superb and probably the two meals we had there were among the best we've ever eaten in Ireland. One quibble at breakfast was the scambled eggs. Scrambled eggs can never be perfect if served from a buffet. The poached eggs were cooked to order and perfect.

Lisloughrey Lodge is in Cong beside Lough Corrib. It's a beautiful part of the west that I hadn't seen before. I'll be back for another visit.

Comments