Hotel Westport

Hotel Westport
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Hard to find hotel

Hotel not signposted coming from the N5road. Rates were good but room was not up to 4 star standard. Very dark and out of date furniture basic 2* room. Bathroom was awful, small and as out dated as the room. Needs a full makeover.
    Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate but couldn't get a reservation for dinner.

More about Hotel Westport

What a refreshing change

by TripAdvisor Member steveo1234

My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of February for a long weekend. We were particularly interested in the Spa and Leisure facilities. We have a lovely time using the top notch spa facilities. What did surprise me was the attention to customer service and general friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff. It was genuine and warm, a bit like greeting friends or relatives when they come to stay. I would certainly visit there again when I am in Ireland. Keep up the good work Hotel Westport.

relaxing break

by TripAdvisor Member FilCork

We stayed at this hotel for a 3 night midweek break and what a fantastic time we had.Our 2 kids aged 8 and 5 loved the "panda club" which was great as for the first time ever we got to spend time on our own whilst away! The menu was a bit boring but the quality was very good none the less. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpfull, especialy the Panda Club crew.

Delightful Spa

by TripAdvisor Member johnblake

The hotel was situated just a 5 minute walk from the town which was very usefull. There was an excellent spa and the childs club in the hotel took care of the children so my wife and I could get some well deserved relaxation. The grounds are beautiful, especially the ancient oaks and the river. Overall my family and I had a great few days and I would certainly recommend Hotel Westport to anyone looking for a few days break.

Pleasant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member srp973

Stayed here for just 1 night in May 2007, paid €110 for 2 including breakfast having booked through laterooms.com. Service and breakfast was good, location ideal within walking distance of Westport, but felt room was a little tired - no remote for television, bed a little worn.

Wouldn't have like to have paid full amount, but value for money for what we got.

Just what we hoped for.

by TripAdvisor Member Yetton

My wife and I stayed for two nights to attend a wedding, the reception being at the hotel.

Everything about our stay was excellent. We ate in the dining room on the night of our arrival and were very impressed with both the service and quality provided. Similarly with the breakfast the following morning.

The wedding breakfast was obviously provided but the quality couldn't be faulted. Doesn't matter how much you pay if the chefs and staff are not capable the food will not be enjoyable. This was outstanding.

The room was roomy and airy at the back of the hotel ( overlooking a car park with three cars in it whilst they were double parked at the front ). It was clean and functional. There was fresh fruit in the room, but whether that was a perk of being at the wedding I don't know.

The only downside was that there was some noise late in the night. Why guests have to shout and bang about, even on mobile phones, late night I don't know. Felt the noise insulation was a bit lacking.

Don't let that put you off, we had a lovely experience in a beautiful part of the country and will certainly return.

Cant fault this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jeanbops

I stayed here last June after a wedding and again this year for the same reason. I could not fault this hotel. the food was excellent, the surroundings are beautiful and the staff were very competent at their job. Bar service was efficient, as were the waitresses and the wedding reception had a whole wing of the hotel to themselves. The room was lovely - it was overlooking a car park but we were not there for the view. A great touch, which i have only seen in jurys inn before, was the vending machines on each floor of the accommodation section of the hotel. ample parking, friendly staff and lovely location give this hotel top marks. i will definitely return again for a weekend getaway. One of the best hotels i have had the pleasure of staying in.

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Ave2007

Hotel Westport is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The staff were friendly, the hotel was nicely decorated and our room was very comfy!

there is a lesuire centre and beauty salon too.

Dinner was delicious and breakfast kept me full until about 4 oclock that evening.

the hotel is very central and Westport is a lovely town.

Great for kids, but

Stayed for three nights at Hotel Westport in July 2007. Chose the hotel for it's Panda Club structured activities for kids. The leisure centre and food in the Islands Restaurant were very satisfactory, but at high season, kids running around the corridors screaming and shouting up to midnight means it's definitely not the best choice for a quiet breakaway.
The Panda Club was not very well supervised with a varying level of commitment and suitability of young reps, some excellent and others not quite so. The older children were quite happy, but the younger ones of the 4-12 range catered for weren't given quite enough attention around mealtimes which had to be taken from 5.15 to 6.30pm with the Panda Club. Our toddler that we brought with us to the dining room fared somewhat better on the culinary front.
Hotel staff were courteous and helpful, if a little over-burdened on occasion. The bedroom decor was a little dated but the room was clean and tidy. Perhaps a mini-fridge might be a good provision for a family room containing a lot of baby and toddler clients, but there was an ice machine at the end of the corridor.
Would recommend this for older children ,but younger ones needing sleep might not fare as well, and if you haven't kids in peak season, it's not the time for you!

Do not pass go!

by TripAdvisor Member nw9

Reception Staff extremely rude. Upon arrival we put them out by having to greet us. Room poor with marked furnishing and torn wallpaper. No room to swing a cat in the bathroom. When contacted reception to complain of poor room standard, was told "that's the way it is" abruptly.
If you want a top class hotel in Westport, go to the Plaza where there are excellent staff who can not do enough for you.

Comments